The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

So they are screwed bigtime.

I think they should force the Owners to sell up and make it so anyone caught doing stuff like this has to give up there ownership of the club. 

Then the club should be fined, banned from making Transfers be points deducted and be banned from entering Europe.

Can't keep letting these clubs and there Owners operate like this and keep taking the piss. When are UEFA and the FA going to make a stand and say enough is enough because this would be a good place to start.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, Okonokos said:

I'd be amazed if he has a release clause in his contract. We're too well run nowadays to do things like that. He'd probably have a relegation clause but that's it.

I would imagine he absolutely does have a release clause however it’s probably contingent on us being relegated.

• Like 1

Just now, AvonVillain said:

Sorry to even take part in this, but, Why would you ever ever admit your best player has a release clause? There's absolutely no benefit to us at all in doing  so.

Unless it's a secret from his agent who actually negotiated the contract, then stating it publicly makes no odds at all.

Any interested club only has to ask his agent the magic words:

"Does Jack have a release clause and if so, how much?"  

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So they are screwed bigtime.

I think they should force the Owners to sell up and make it so anyone caught doing stuff like this has to give up there ownership of the club. 

Then the club should be fined, banned from making Transfers be points deducted and be banned from entering Europe.

They can’t be allowed to carry on like this, there should still be incoming punishment for everyone involved in the Super League BS too…

With all the fuss last time, including the appeal, the pressure is only going to increase on City…

Players would/should be wary of moving there… time to make an example out of somebody…

Oh and, Jack isn’t going anywhere…

He loves the club, will become an idol and we are on the up and are not about to stop or slow down… why leave now? We’ll do it the right way too…

Edited by Jas10

8 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Smith and Purslow have both said no release clause but that was before Jack signed a new deal last year 

Are you sure about that Omar? And if that's the case, I can't see NSWE putting a release clause in when there wasn't one before. It doesn't make sense to me. But who knows?

13 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I don't know how people can say he's not going anywhere. We don't know if he has a release clause. If they activate it then I'm sure he will be very tempted to leave.

Jonathan Fernandez Said It GIF by I'm So Jonathan

I'll say it again, He's not going anywhere.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

John Percy said that there was a significant release clause when he reported Grealish signing his new contract last summer, that might have been the only way to convince Grealish to sign a new deal.

I don't think City would bid for him if there wasn't a release clause because we'd want a sum of money that even they wouldn't be prepeared to pay, I mean if you look at their current transfer record it's around £60m for Mahrez, without a release clause they'd have to more than double that to get Grealish.

• Like 1

Release clauses are a Spanish thing, where you need one in order to register with La Liga. The buying club will submit the bid to the Spanish FA, they do not even have to talk to the selling club.

This is not the case in England which is why there are so few, if any, release clauses in the PL. I think it’s more of a dolled up handshake deal if Jack indeed has one.

15th September 2020. Not even a year ago. If he chose to leave now then the above is just a load of lies, quite frankly.

If he was sold on the project of NSWE last summer then what has changed since? The only thing that has is that we had a very good season and advanced further than anyone expected us to. Shows the project is working so why would he change his mind?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Are you sure about that Omar? And if that's the case, I can't see NSWE putting a release clause in when there wasn't one before. It doesn't make sense to me. But who knows?

Unless jacks people said he would only sign a new deal with one inserted ? 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Does anyone in this thread require assistance?

james nurse GIF

From her?

Oh yes, I've got lots of joint stiffening...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

15th September 2020. Not even a year ago. If he chose to leave now then the above is just a load of lies, quite frankly.

If he was sold on the project of NSWE last summer then what has changed since? The only thing that has is that we had a very good season and advanced further than anyone expected us to. Shows the project is working so why would he change his mind?

We have had a lot of players tapped up once they’ve gone off with England - players talk and heads get turned 

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Yep we were 8pts off of European Conference and 11pts of europa league. Elmo alone cost us 8pts. Getting Jack back would have proabnyl gave us 7 or 8 and we finished on a points total that most years means you finish 7th

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

We have had a lot of players tapped up once they’ve gone off with England - players talk and heads get turned 

Then the above was a load of lies if that is the case. If he loves Villa as much as he says then he wouldn't have his head turned that easily.

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Yep we were 8pts off of European Conference and 11pts of europa league. Elmo alone cost us 8pts. Getting Jack back would have proabnyl gave us 7 or 8 and we finished on a points total that most years means you finish 7th

Bit harsh on Elmo 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

John Percy said that there was a significant release clause when he reported Grealish signing his new contract last summer, that might have been the only way to convince Grealish to sign a new deal.

I don't think City would bid for him if there wasn't a release clause because we'd want a sum of money that even they wouldn't be prepeared to pay, I mean if you look at their current transfer record it's around £60m for Mahrez, without a release clause they'd have to more than double that to get Grealish.

If true I’d certainly hope it’s £100m min 

Â