The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Awol said:

I don't know mate, but it's been strongly asserted that he has said this at some point in the last year.

Yeah, I recall it. My brother was asking and I realised that though I'd quoted it, I can't remember the source.

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Well if he didn't divulge it and it comes out that it did include one it won't look good on his part. It also won't look good on Jack's part who proclaimed he was completely committed to the club last summer when he signed his deal (which would contradict that if it contained an exit clause). 

Just seems absurd that we'd even have one for such a talismanic figure. Even the likes of Milner and Barry didn't have one and they had no strong affiliation with the club. 

I also highly doubt Purslow would be mugged off by his agent on such matters, but Jack's agent does come across as a bit of a leech. 

But surely it would be in villa interests to not make public and deny it rather than alert clubs to it if asked? 
I could see why the club would deny a release clause and also why Jack would want one inserted into such a long term deal - not saying there is one but would understand why villa would deny it . 

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Yeah, I recall it. My brother was asking and I realised that though I'd quoted it, I can't remember the source.

I think he stated it in an avtv interview Maz ? 

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

But surely it would be in villa interests to not make public and deny it rather than alert clubs to it if asked? 
I could see why the club would deny a release clause and also why Jack would want one inserted into such a long term deal - not saying there is one but would understand why villa would deny it . 

Yes, but if he was to go to City for below his value to us I hardly think Villa fans would be sympathetic and say "oh Purslow was just protecting Villa's interests".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Though, plenty of other reports today saying we're willing to offer Jack £200k a week to stay. So who knows. 

This will be like the ESR story.

City are close to signing Jack then wham all of a sudden were offering Jack a new contract, this is the same crap that started not to far into the window. These people create this bollox because look how it stirs the hornets nest up.

They don't care whether they are talking shit because they have got there objective done which is earn money and get lots of views,reviews,followers and posts. There are agendas behind it all.

Then here's the kicker, if by somehow these people do get it right then everyone thinks they are the next mystic meg or what's his name who was spose to be the vision guy who could see all the disasters happening through time.

They have there tricks and agendas and get increasingly better at it each year, really they are no more than god damn Gypsys reading your palms and tea leaves.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

If Purslow had have actually said that there's no release clause then we'd know about it and wouldn't need to ask if he said it, because the quote would have been repeated over and over again in the media, espcially on clickbait sites like the Birmingham Mail.

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

In the words of a younger generation....

LOLZ

That's the new saying AWOL: let's say it's the price because the media says so 😂

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

I don't know mate, but it's been strongly asserted that he has said this at some point in the last year.

He did says it in an interview.

Just now, omariqy said:

Smith and Purslow have both said no release clause but that was before Jack signed a new deal last year 

Even if there is a release clause, I'm pretty sure it's a release clause like if Villa go back to the championship or we do so bad we can't come back from it all, not increasingly get better each season and your off lol.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

If Purslow had have actually said that there's no release clause then we'd know about it and wouldn't need to ask if he said it, because the quote would have been repeated over and over again in the media, espcially on clickbait sites like the Birmingham Mail.

I’m sure he said on an interview on avtv at the start of last season no players had release clauses barring luiz ? 

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Smith and Purslow have both said no release clause but that was before Jack signed a new deal last year 

I thought it was after but if before then it’s not great news 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I’m sure he said on an interview on avtv at the start of last season no players had release clauses barring luiz ? 

He did. Didn't Jack have a release clause in his last contract. I'm sure his new one excluded one, that was the point of it!!

Just now, AvonVillain said:

Sorry to even take part in this, but, Why would you ever ever admit your best player has a release clause? There's absolutely no benefit to us at all in doing  so.

Problem there is of course his agent will know and he won't want to keep it private

• Like 2

Â