Jump to content

Jack Grealish


kevangrealish
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If the fee is around £100m then that would be incredibly frustrating imo. He's worth far more than that to us with 4 years left on his deal. 

Which is why that number is nonsense. An insult actually. Literally made up though. Jack leaving would be a backwards step and no amount of money would fix that. Adequate compensation would be 150 minimum but it would still set us back for a season at least. This is the reason he won't be going anywhere this summer imo. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Jezza posted on Reddit we were signing a highly rated player, we would be jizzing our pants pointing at his record saying it must be true.

Because we don’t like the news it’s bullshit 🤷‍♂️

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, spiezels said:

I’m with you as I think most are unless it comes from the established few we know.

All I’m saying is, I’ve had first hand info so it’s not from someone who knows someone. 
 

And they’re saying people have met. Doesn’t mean he’s going, just means his people have met theirs. 
 

Guess now it’s upto Villa to make him see staying is the best option. 

You sound very coy about all of this. If representatives have met without our owner's input, it means f all. City would still have to agree a fee with them and they would want an astronomical fee as has been said many times before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If the fee is around £100m then that would be incredibly frustrating imo. He's worth far more than that to us with 4 years left on his deal. 

Totally agree, would not accept double that for him! He is priceless to us. And if he had been played more at the Euro's I firmly believe he'd have been player of the tournament. Praying he stays. I do get the point that the money for him, 120M 150M etc could be used wisely in other ways but he is our star man, our captain, Villa through and through, he would be so difficult to replace like for like even if we had the money and offered the wages as the act of selling Grealish would weaken our hand regarding 'selling' our mission and ambition. I hope the club tell Man City where to go with their cash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I agree with all this you said AJ and what an ACE post to read it is.

Would love to post that on Bluemoon lmao, that would make some heat lol.

Sorry Dave, I am going to pass on that. I would give Bluemoon a wide berth.

I have nothing but absolute hatred for everything to do with that f***ing club. 

Especially their fans. 

What $hitty fans need to do is pull a cow's tw*t over their heads and get a bull to f*** some sense into them.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

All I'm saying is that you can't tar everyone who posts 'ITK' stuff with the same brush. Probably about 95% of it is rubbish, but that guy appears to have a very good record.

Patronising me again. I've actually had info in the past so I know how it works. I just wanted one example of why this guy is credible beyond "because some City fans say so".

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, birdman said:

Which is why that number is nonsense. An insult actually. Literally made up though. Jack leaving would be a backwards step and no amount of money would fix that. Adequate compensation would be 150 minimum but it would still set us back for a season at least. This is the reason he won't be going anywhere this summer imo. 

We have no idea what figure the club would deem acceptable. Could be £100m, £150 or £80m. Pointless saying it’s bull  because we don’t agree with the transfer fee.

It’s not up to the fans what we accept.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mazrim said:

Patronising me again. I've actually had info in the past so I know how it works. I just wanted one example of why this guy is credible beyond "because some City fans say so".

I'm not trying to patronise you in any way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Perhaps yes but clubs would overprice us for players if we sold Jack for £150m+ that is a guarantee. Plus the owners have money to spend regardless, FFP can be a hindrance, but they still managed to invest what they have so far. 

 

Even so, Cit£h just don't drop that sort of money on players. They won't even spend that on Kane and they actually need a striker. Which is why if there is truth in this, we won't be getting our money's worth which will not go down well at all.

 

If we were to sell, which I can accept will quite probably happen one day, we wait another year at least and ideally 2. That gives us a chance to build up a team less reliant on him then still him at a high price and reinvest it to make ourselves even stronger. There's absolutely no logic in selling him now.

I don't want him to ever leave, but I'm certain it won't happen unless the price is right - for us. If it does then it means we'll have one hell of a summer to help us get over it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mazrim said:

Patronising me again. I've actually had info in the past so I know how it works. I just wanted one example of why this guy is credible beyond "because some City fans say so".

The examples are the many transfers calls he's got right in the past btw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jim said:

If Jezza posted on Reddit we were signing a highly rated player, we would be jizzing our pants pointing at his record saying it must be true.

Because we don’t like the news it’s bullshit 🤷‍♂️

I wouldn't. I'd be asking why he is credible instead of posting some stupid generalisation about fellow fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


For City this is more an exercise in destabilising a rival than strengthening them. Probably an indication that we’re making a mark. There’s a cut off value whereby the amount they’d have to give us actually is enough to strengthen us. Given their FFP situation they can’t just ignore that either. 
 

All in all probably bullshit, but make no mistake I support Aston Villa and if Jack leaves, when we’re making he progress that we are, he’s dead to me. I won’t be alone in thinking that either. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mazrim said:

I wouldn't. I'd be asking why he is credible instead of posting some stupid generalisation about fellow fans.

Two quick things - called the Dias transfer and the Covid cancellation of Everton City last season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe I’ll be wrong but I don’t think he’s leaving. Can’t see it. Think we will see a bumper new contract but we need to progress again to keep him next season. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Agree , would sooner he stayed but if he goes then we need to recruit well and kick on regardless - life goes on and villa will move on

Who do you recruit with 100 million to replace him, it's never worth letting him go because we won't be able to lure anyone which is why I find this BullCrap hard to believe.

Our Owners are not going to let go the Clubs main and only player who can actually lure other quality players. It's not happening and if by any chance it does then they would be the most idiotic Owners, after all the effort they have put into the club only to let there most prized asset go ithink it would be a insane move.

Let's say it's 100million because that's the media price floating around, but who does Villa buy to replace Jack? That's 100million and possibly more we'd have to dump on bringing an equivalent signing in and yes it would allgo one one player so what's the whole point of selling him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

For City this is more an exercise in destabilising a rival than strengthening them. Probably an indication that we’re making a mark. There’s a cut off value whereby the amount they’d have to give us actually is enough to strengthen us. Given their FFP situation they can’t just ignore that either. 
 

All in all probably bullshit, but make no mistake I support Aston Villa and if Jack leaves, when we’re making he progress that we are, he’s dead to me. I won’t be alone in thinking that either. 

We aren’t a rival to City. Behave.

They want him because he is a very good player.

Edited by jim
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Patronising me again. I've actually had info in the past so I know how it works. I just wanted one example of why this guy is credible beyond "because some City fans say so".

So from someone in the Reddit thread which seems quite balanced:

Quote

Nah, the only one he's really got wrong was Alves, and that's hard to blame him for since the contract was ready to be signed and everything. Other than that he's mentioned our interest in players like Jorginho, Sanchez, Pogba, Mbappe, Fabinho and Dembele, but he never said anything beyond us being interested, and even mentioned when we dropped our interest in some of them. With Jorginho and Sanchez it was widely reported that those transfers fell through right at the finish line, and there's little doubt we were genuinely interested in Pogba and Mbappe as well.

Compare that to the list of players he got right, which include Sagna, Mangala, Sterling, De Bruyne, Delph, Otamendi, Stones, Sané, Mahrez and Dias. With some of these he was way ahead of the pack, Otamendi was a real headscratcher since everyone thought he was going to United at the time. He also got some smaller things right, like Lampard's controversial extension, and the Everton game being called off because of COVID cases in the squad.

The only really outrageous thing he's claimed is Rashford being interested in a move to City, but that's about it. Obviously it's not a guarantee that just because he says something it's 100% going to happen, but his track record is very strong.



 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

So, you don't have any examples. OK.

There are plenty in the thread, which you don't want to read. I'm not posting them, just you cba to read it. Who's the patronising one now?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

You sound very coy about all of this. If representatives have met without our owner's input, it means f all. City would still have to agree a fee with them and they would want an astronomical fee as has been said many times before.

Is what it is. It’s happened, I’ve been told, I’ve passed it on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â