The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

But why 2 more years? Is that the amount of time he has given us to win something? 

It was only a short conversation, I didn’t want to pry, I thought I was being rude asking if he is going to leave, I left it at that

50 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Caught up on the last few pages and seems we're having another wobble. A few people seem resigned already and are wishing him well.

If he does leave then quite frankly I hope he never wins anything in his career. Why would I want him to do well elsewhere? Especially at some plastic, meaningless club like Man Shitty. Nope, sorry. If he leaves I don't wish him well and I'd actually be pretty let down. We're not a go nowhere club. The dark days are well behind and under NSWE, we have a real chance of doing something special. Jack should want to be a part of that and if he gives up that chance to do something special just to win a pointless few trophies at a plastic club with fans that mean sod all to him then I think he'd be a very stupid man.

How bad would he feel if we went and did it without him? I think he'd regret it forever. He said he was sold on the project last summer and I don't see how anything in the last year could have changed his mind.

I will say this until I'm blue in the face; there is absolutely nothing more ambitious in football than starring for your boyhood club and helping them back to glory. Nothing comes close. He has the chance to do that.

I agree with this. 

Jack has won nothing with Villa. All he's done is Captain the team to a promotion back to the Premier League. However, he also played in the team that got relegated. He's the best homegrown talent we've produced in an eternity but he won't achieve legendary status at Villa unless he wins something with us. Either that or he stays and becomes a lifer. 

Jack, if you leave us before winning something with us it could lead to the club going backwards. Your talent is immense and it means more to us than just the playing side. Your selling the club to each and every corner of the globe now via your image. Leave and that could set the club back on its journey back to the top. Stay and you can help us reach that. As a Villa fan, if you were supporting right now and not a player, would you want to see yourself leave? How would you feel about that as a fan? 

I hope Jack stays and gives his everything for the club for all his career. 

• Like 3

The thing I keep going back to is we are no longer owned by Tony Xia, Randy Lerner, et al. who's pockets would be tangibly changed percentage-wise by a 100m pound sale.  Randy Lerner is ~only~ worth 1.1 billion.  100m pounds would be a 10% increase in his liquidity (thus net worth making it easier to cash out his investment).  Tony Xia in the same ballpark.

100m in the pockets of Nassef and Wes is a drop in the bucket.   Roughly 10 times less of an impact on their collective total "net worth".  Sure it is 150% of their initial investment for the club, but I imagine the club is now worth 400-500m (450m if you believe the valuation on TransferMarkt).  They have gain in asset value already built in.  They aren't in it to realize a 100m gain on a costless asset (Jack, an academy product), especially not now in this current environment.  If FFP rules were strict, and the 100m would open the possibility for us to pour in further investment then sure, but not after the rules were relaxed during the pandemic.  There is not a strategic or financial reason why they would be inclined to sell Jack. 

Another possible reason to sell him - Jack forcing his way out, dying to "go win trophies" at City.  Well considering he posted Ashley Young with heart emojis, and was singing shit on the baggies to the England kit manager, it seems his love for the club hasn't changed. 

I struggle to find one possible angle or variable to reason why he could depart other than what I see on twitter from sourceless rumors.

Edited by Paulie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He's not leaving, here we go again.

There's this thing called forsight and the moment you see a media article stating Grealish is going to accept city offer or City are going to make it happen, forsight kicks in and you know uproar on VT Jack Grealish thread will start.

I can't even be bothered fighting another war on VT, this shit is tiring and I already have to back up Nick 😂. Explaining again as many times as I have done of why Jack would stay I'm afraid pages would gather very quickly around here like the Tammy thread 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paulie said:

The thing I keep going back to is we are no longer owned by Tony Xia, Randy Lerner, et al. who's pockets would be tangibly changed percentage-wise by a 100m pound sale.  Randy Lerner is ~only~ worth 1.1 billion.  100m pounds would be a 10% increase in his liquidity (thus net worth making it easier to cash out his investment).  Tony Xia in the same ballpark.

100m in the pockets of Nassef and Wes is a drop in the bucket.   Roughly 10 times less of an impact on their collective total "net worth".  Sure it is 150% of their initial investment for the club, but I imagine the club is now worth 400-500m (450m if you believe the valuation on TransferMarkt).  They have gain in asset value already built in.  They aren't in it to realize a 100m gain on a costless asset (Jack, an academy product), especially not now in this current environment.  If FFP rules were strict, and the 100m would open the possibility for us to pour in further investment then sure, but not after the rules were relaxed during the pandemic.  There is not a strategic or financial reason why they would be inclined to sell Jack. 

Another possible reason to sell him - Jack forcing his way out, dying to "go win trophies" at City.  Well considering he posted Ashley Young with heart emojis, and was singing shit on the baggies to the England kit manager, it seems his love for the club hasn't changed. 

I struggle to find one possible angle or variable to reason why he could depart other than what I see on twitter from sourceless rumors.

Going off to City doesn't Guarantee trophys in fact going anywhere doesn't Guarantee that, the chances are increase in a top notch team like City's but next season can come along and they may win sweet F A.

I don't believe Jack's going for the foreseeable future and for a good many reasons but one reason mainly is partly due to what you said that Our Owners are not like past Owners. Our Owners receive a 100 million quid it's all but peanuts to them they are that wealthy. Sure 100 mill could do abit of changing at Villa but it's not change they can't fork out of there own pockets it just may take a little longer to inject that kind of money.

Our Owners are different, they seem to want to win things but there are many Owners who would love to keep hold of there fortunes and put that first. Our Owners know that with risk comes fortune in other ways. Holding onto there best players is a well known tactic if you want to win trophys. The Owners of Villa may very well see bringing Villa back from the brink of death (which they have done) to winning some major league or European trophys as worth far more than any 100 mill offer for the clubs main star. The reward is already happening for them and they have accomplished so much our Owners have, that I don't think all the money in there bank can ever please them as much as what they have done for Villa and it's fans. There money is a tool to them, it keeps business flowing and it makes there interests keep on moving towards better goals. Is it just me but you can clearly notice the difference between NSWE and Levy. NSWE you can tell that they feel things need to be done with the Tool/money and they don't mind taking risks but Levy his life still runs with it and he holds it dear to the point it affects the way he operates and he protects it the best he can.

If we're going to keep moving on up we have to get to the point we can put Jack type quality around Jack. That means moving past what we have right now, keeping hold of Jack and getting onto the very best of transfer signings. The Owners know that by getting to this that there is money in it as well as possible trophys by holding one of the best squads in the world, it just takes time to reach that level. NSWE are smart and they will know full well by keeping Jack that they have a luring player at the club already, infact I'd say we have around 3 now which is Jack, Martinez and Watkins, hopefully Buendia will be a 4th. We have Transformed into an International player squad where everyone or Al ost everyone gets picked for there country's, Villa changed rapidly in that department. There are lots of pros to suggest why Jack would stay and not many cons as to why he'd leave.

Jack won't leave but if he did I would seriously question why, when we are moving in the right direction. Jack leaving when the ambition of everyone at the Villa is to get this club back on top, why wouldn't Jack want to be part of that goal, its history in the making right there for the club, the sport. Any player who chooses to win a trophy or few at City over captaining his club while a revival and repositioning of ourselves as one of the world's elite, I'd question. To me it just doesn't make sense and I would say Jack is more a hardcore Villa fan than me I'd say he's a fanatic and Fanatic fans don't just hop on the bus to another place when the place they love is on the rise.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

EECBF069-C9B4-43C7-8CBD-CEE5AD2AF525.jpeg

What does whatbyiu mean? I think I’ll suspend judgement until it’s written in black and white none gibberish! On a more positive note, the odds on him staying are starting to shorten. That’s a much more positive sign.

• Like 1

Yes Jack has not won anything with Villa other than the richest game of football.  But he has had an eventful career so far. 5 times at Wembley is more at club level than most.

FA Cup Semi Final Won against Liverpool

FA Cup Final Lost against Arsenal 

Play Off Final Lost against Fulham 

Play Off Final Won against Derby 

League Cup Final Lost against Man City 

He knows we are striving to improve.  He knows that the team is built around him.  Motivation to win things with Villa or almost be guaranteed at Man City?

He might get paid more there but it's not all about money.

He is Box Office the England Poster boy all things achieved at Villa.

I have been to the club shop loads of times can't say I have noticed any modern players on show just legends and winning teams as you exit after paying.  So if someone is saying his pic has been removed I would say was not there in the first place!!

Let's sign those new players to compliment the boy wonder and strive for that first trophy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Going off to City doesn't Guarantee trophys in fact going anywhere doesn't Guarantee that, the chances are increase in a top notch team like City's but next season can come along and they may win sweet F A.

I don't believe Jack's going for the foreseeable future and for a good many reasons but one reason mainly is partly due to what you said that Our Owners are not like past Owners. Our Owners receive a 100 million quid it's all but peanuts to them they are that wealthy. Sure 100 mill could do abit of changing at Villa but it's not change they can't fork out of there own pockets it just may take a little longer to inject that kind of money.

Our Owners are different, they seem to want to win things but there are many Owners who would love to keep hold of there fortunes and put that first. Our Owners know that with risk comes fortune in other ways. Holding onto there best players is a well known tactic if you want to win trophys. The Owners of Villa may very well see bringing Villa back from the brink of death (which they have done) to winning some major league or European trophys as worth far more than any 100 mill offer for the clubs main star. The reward is already happening for them and they have accomplished so much our Owners have, that I don't think all the money in there bank can ever please them as much as what they have done for Villa and it's fans. There money is a tool to them, it keeps business flowing and it makes there interests keep on moving towards better goals. Is it just me but you can clearly notice the difference between NSWE and Levy. NSWE you can tell that they feel things need to be done with the Tool/money and they don't mind taking risks but Levy his life still runs with it and he holds it dear to the point it affects the way he operates and he protects it the best he can.

If we're going to keep moving on up we have to get to the point we can put Jack type quality around Jack. That means moving past what we have right now, keeping hold of Jack and getting onto the very best of transfer signings. The Owners know that by getting to this that there is money in it as well as possible trophys by holding one of the best squads in the world, it just takes time to reach that level. NSWE are smart and they will know full well by keeping Jack that they have a luring player at the club already, infact I'd say we have around 3 now which is Jack, Martinez and Watkins, hopefully Buendia will be a 4th. We have Transformed into an International player squad where everyone or Al ost everyone gets picked for there country's, Villa changed rapidly in that department. There are lots of pros to suggest why Jack would stay and not many cons as to why he'd leave.

Jack won't leave but if he did I would seriously question why, when we are moving in the right direction. Jack leaving when the ambition of everyone at the Villa is to get this club back on top, why wouldn't Jack want to be part of that goal, its history in the making right there for the club, the sport. Any player who chooses to win a trophy or few at City over captaining his club while a revival and repositioning of ourselves as one of the world's elite, I'd question. To me it just doesn't make sense and I would say Jack is more a hardcore Villa fan than me I'd say he's a fanatic and Fanatic fans don't just hop on the bus to another place when the place they love is on the rise.

Also "we" have just had a very big victory that the owners can point to that shows that not only do they have a "dream" but they have the ability to turn that dream into reality.  The Milwaukee Bucks are living proof in the vision that NSWE have for Villa.  They (OK Wes did that on his own but he's just as invested in Villa and so I think we can assume that "they" means the ownership team) took an "undervalued" team, defined a framework for the type of team they wanted, got the right people in to do the job, got people in who believed in the vision and resisted the temptation to cash in on their star player(s).  5 or 10 years ago no-one would have given the Bucks a chance of competing for major honours, let alone winning them.  I think that this gives us / our owners a huge boost in credibility as they have shown that they can do it and have done it.  Admittedly it is a different sport in a different country but what they have done is easily transferable.  You can see the similarities between what they have done at the Bucks and what they have started at Villa.  I'm not suggesting that they will achieve the same success in the same time period but these guys are serious about winning in sport but doing so in the "right" way - i.e. not just spending £300m every year on new signings who have 2 or 3 seasons max to contribute.  There is absolutely nothing in the way that they have operated to date that suggests they will cash in on Jack just because someone offers a good fee.  They will only sell if it is for the good of their investment (the club) and that means that they would have to be hugely confident that the team would be better after Jack left (especially as they know that the potential fall-out from fans would be huge).  They aren't like the owners of LIverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd who are interested in success because it improves the bottom line.  They aren't like the owners of Man City and PSG who completely disregard the bottom line in pursuit of "success".  Unfortunately, I don't think many people realise this and assume that they will behave like other (mainly ****) owners do.  In many ways I think the success that the Bucks have had over the last 2 seasons will drive Wes even harder to replicate that at Villa.  Turning one club around in one sport is impressive.  Doing it at two different clubs, in two different sports, in two different countries is a whole different level.  Just think what kudos that offers NSWE in all the other areas of business in which they are active.

Edited by allani
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Have they taken his face off the side of Villa Park yet?

images.jpeg

Don’t see why they would do that even if he left , it was a historic day at Wembley and no reason to remove it either way 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Caught up on the last few pages and seems we're having another wobble. A few people seem resigned already and are wishing him well.

If he does leave then quite frankly I hope he never wins anything in his career. Why would I want him to do well elsewhere? Especially at some plastic, meaningless club like Man Shitty. Nope, sorry. If he leaves I don't wish him well and I'd actually be pretty let down. We're not a go nowhere club. The dark days are well behind and under NSWE, we have a real chance of doing something special. Jack should want to be a part of that and if he gives up that chance to do something special just to win a pointless few trophies at a plastic club with fans that mean sod all to him then I think he'd be a very stupid man.

How bad would he feel if we went and did it without him? I think he'd regret it forever. He said he was sold on the project last summer and I don't see how anything in the last year could have changed his mind.

I will say this until I'm blue in the face; there is absolutely nothing more ambitious in football than starring for your boyhood club and helping them back to glory. Nothing comes close. He has the chance to do that.

This.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Maybe we should organise the abduction and silencing of his agent…

👀

Big Nas is already on it, Egypt’s richest family won’t take kindly to the interfering of some scaraby agent. There’s a sarcophagus with his name on, and if he Sphinx he can control Jack’s future, he’ll be sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â