The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Of course not 

We'll have to wait until Monday morning when Jim white does his radio show, don't know much about him but he sounds like a man we can trust 

He ain't on for 2 weeks, still be plenty of bull going on without him though I'm sure.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Hate talking about it because I don't believe he will leave... 

But we don't replace him IMHO, we don't go like for like and expect similar results because we won't get them, we invest in other areas, that's where you say OK let's get Tammy and go 2 up top, let's get a £50m 6 and a £50m 10, let's use the money to do the team over 

The problem is that a lot of our pulling power is gone once Jack has gone, the £50m 10 is coming here to play with Jack, without him I think the quality we can bring in will go down 

Agreed. 

You won't replace him like for like so you have to replace what he contributes to the team across the other players - ie x goals, x assists, x free kicks won, x carries into the area, etc. A moneyball style look at it. 

Like you, i don't think he'll leave because if he was going, I think we'd have done a lot more business by now. Buying players after he leaves will just push the prices up. 

Plus the little matter that he has 4 years left on a new contract. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’m of the opinion that if a player wants to go then I don’t believe in keeping them on, we simply cannot continue to have the same scenario every season for the same player - will he go, won’t he etc etc. 

As a club, Villa have arrived at a point where we can at least try and make a change to the so called top teams, spend a bit of cash on new players and pay better wages when FFP allows. If Jack STILL wants to go having been given the captains armband, become the highest paid player and become the talisman of an entire football club in exchange for immediate silverware to his name, where he isn’t even guaranteed to be a starter, then he simply needs to go asap. 

If I'm a stubborn headed owner like Edens and Nas then I'm gonna break jack and tell him he has 4 years to go and to suck it up. Yer don't get the best for your club caving to whims. 

I agree that we hold all the cards so if he went the fee would have to be astronomical. A lot more than £100million. It's just not worth losing him on a football or commercial level for that much and there's no reason for us to accept that or less. 

I'm not worried about him leaving at all really. Not this year. 

18 minutes ago, birdman said:

Yes exactly and this is why I'm assuming the club are simply slapping a not for sale tag on him. He's staying as far as I'm concerned. 

His Dad actually said to me face to face about a year ago than Jack Grealish would stay with us for 2 years. Word for word what he said, I wouldn’t lie about this. He’s our best player, our talisman, a fabulous player. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 25 years and he’s the best player I’ve seen in a Villa shirt, hands down

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

His Dad actually said to me face to face about a year ago than Jack Grealish would stay with us for 2 years. Word for word what he said, I wouldn’t lie about this. He’s our best player, our talisman, a fabulous player. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 25 years and he’s the best player I’ve seen in a Villa shirt, hands down

But why 2 more years? Is that the amount of time he has given us to win something? 

Jonathanwhatshiscock the super-agent leech scum representing Jack Grealish will undoubtedly want the move, to pay for the fourth bathroom in his Dubai mansion being done out in mother-of-pearl.

On the other hand Wes Edens and Nassef Sawaris may have other ideas, and my money’s on them. 

18 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Great info - shows he's Villa until things change. What changed was Villa having the money and the means to keep Jack. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tayls said:

But why 2 more years? Is that the amount of time he has given us to win something? 

I’d read that as 2 yrs to see if the owners can back up their words to him and get us competitive. No doubt that Jack would rather win with us than any other team in the world. With a player of his standard it’s always going to be a year by year thing. If we show progression (as we have done so far) he’ll stay if we start to stagnate or go backwards and his levels remain or go higher he’ll go. Simple as that really. Our movements this summer as every year are crucial. 

• Like 1

Would be very short-sighted from NSWE to sell him for around 100m when A-Don't need the money.B-If he performs as well as we all feel he will can get even more next Summer if that be the case. And C-Imo and may be in the minority here but only reason I see Jack agreeing to the move is because of money.

Yes great shot of winning it but I truly feel in my heart that he wants to take us into Europe and better.

Edited by Big Salad

Â