The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Haven't we all, but I think Twitter is a perfect example of why 'no smoke without fire' is complete nonsense.

It's incredibly easy for one person to start a rumour and it be amplified around worried fans with no credible source. Then the evidence it's happening is that lots of people are talking about it. It's all a little silly.

It's why I tend not to look at Twitter to be honest...

But yeah, it's only a game of football. Nothing to get too stressed over!

The issue is that most rumour mongers are getting their info from Twitter, where people are demonstrably just flat out making stuff up. 

It would be trivial to start a transfer rumour that would go on to be reported by a wide variety of sources and generate discussion. We've seen it year after year.

I just don't think it will happen in terms of timing. If he went we would have less than a month to bring in a replacement. I am not naive enough to think that this could be a start of a long courtship with perhaps Jack leaving next summer but its a no for me clive. He would still have 3 years on his contract if he doesn't sign a new one this summer and would still command a massive fee. Its not like he has 2 or less years remaining, Villa hold all the cards unless he really makes it vocal he wants to leave and I just can't see that with Jack and his relationship to Villa.

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I also hope we don’t go into a massive panic if he does go. Just gotta push on and get behind the rest of the team. 

No player is bigger than the club, I know it sounds like a cliche but it’s true even for a player as good as Grealish. Ignore my previous posts on here being derogatory towards him. He’s a fantastic player and I’ll always remember him, regardless of whether he leaves. He has been incredibly loyal to this club, I’ll always be grateful to him for that. It was funny watching him for 3 years in The Championship, he was taking the mick at times 

• Like 2

Jack is crucial to our immediate ambitions, but our ownership and the transfer fee he would bring would make us a better side in the long run. Jack is the best player I've seen at the villa including McGrath, but irregardless he'll give us another year at least.

NSWE didn't buy the club to just make a few quid, Nas is already richer than anyone needs to be and Wes just won the NBA with a previously unfancied team that hasn't done it before.

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I just don't think it will happen in terms of timing. If he went we would have less than a month to bring in a replacement. I am not naive enough to think that this could be a start of a long courtship with perhaps Jack leaving next summer but its a no for me clive. He would still have 3 years on his contract if he doesn't sign a new one this summer and would still command a massive fee. Its not like he has 2 or less years remaining, Villa hold all the cards unless he really makes it vocal he wants to leave and I just can't see that with Jack and his relationship to Villa.

Buendia?

To be fair if Man City buy Kane for £160 million and Grealish for £120 million, we all may as well go find some other sport to support, it really shouldn't be aloud. They may need a striker to kick on, but they won the league again piece of piss, so to buy Grealish as well, when they don't really even need him, is just letting Man City control football.

Edited by foreveryoung

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What’s with all the bed wetting?  Has there actually been any new developments tonight?

Of course not 

We'll have to wait until Monday morning when Jim white does his radio show, don't know much about him but he sounds like a man we can trust 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hate talking about it because I don't believe he will leave... 

But we don't replace him IMHO, we don't go like for like and expect similar results because we won't get them, we invest in other areas, that's where you say OK let's get Tammy and go 2 up top, let's get a £50m 6 and a £50m 10, let's use the money to do the team over 

The problem is that a lot of our pulling power is gone once Jack has gone, the £50m 10 is coming here to play with Jack, without him I think the quality we can bring in will go down 

• Like 3

Eeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr - 4 year contract - owners who just won the NBA by investing in their star player - no intention to sell. Even if Jack wants a move, it is not in his hands and we don't need the money. This is a mahoosive illusion to worry about. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Hate talking about it because I don't believe he will leave... 

But we don't replace him IMHO, we don't go like for like and expect similar results because we won't get them, we invest in other areas, that's where you say OK let's get Tammy and go 2 up top, let's get a £50m 6 and a £50m 10, let's use the money to do the team over 

The problem is that a lot of our pulling power is gone once Jack has gone, the £50m 10 is coming here to play with Jack, without him I think the quality we can bring in will go down 

Sorry no likes but this is bang on.

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What’s with all the bed wetting?  Has there actually been any new developments tonight?

He's been photoshopped from all club promotional material, bought a third house up north and been spotted with Guardiola at KFC. The usual stuff. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Eeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr - 4 year contract - owners who just won the NBA by investing in their star player - no intention to sell. Even if Jack wants a move, it is not in his hands and we don't need the money. This is a mahoosive illusion to worry about. 

I’m of the opinion that if a player wants to go then I don’t believe in keeping them on, we simply cannot continue to have the same scenario every season for the same player - will he go, won’t he etc etc. 

As a club, Villa have arrived at a point where we can at least try and make a change to the so called top teams, spend a bit of cash on new players and pay better wages when FFP allows. If Jack STILL wants to go having been given the captains armband, become the highest paid player and become the talisman of an entire football club in exchange for immediate silverware to his name, where he isn’t even guaranteed to be a starter, then he simply needs to go asap. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I don't think he's leaving. But any notion of coping with his loss on any level is totally naive.

- We can't replace what he offers as a player. He makes us tick. He inspires others beyond what he himself offers, which itself is immense.

- We would lose out massively in commercial deals. Now and in the future. There is no more marketable player in the league. World?

- It would stunt our growth in all ways.

He's worth many times to Villa any conceivable transfer fee. Even if that were 200m. The answer has to be no. Not for sale. Not unless we have no choice.  It would be better for us to run his contract down even.

No.

Yes exactly and this is why I'm assuming the club are simply slapping a not for sale tag on him. He's staying as far as I'm concerned. 

Â