The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

39 minutes ago, allani said:

I've posted it several times on here before.  But for anyone who doesn't get the Totti thing just Google Totti's Last Farewall and watch the 45 minute version of the ovation he got when he retired.  Every single person in the stadium was in tears, his team-mates were in tears, even some of the opposition player were crying.  That type of ovation and emotion is so rare and something that very few players ever experience.  I hope that Jack's dad makes him watch it on a daily basis.  Even now whenever Totti is spotted at the Stadio Olimpico the place goes nuts.  That is something that will happen probably until the last match before he dies (Rome will go into a week long state of mourning at that point - if not longer).  It is insane.  Jack is probably one of a handful of people in European football who can experience that.  It is something that will make him feel loved for another 50 years.  Money just does not buy that.

Sorry no likes @allani but I love this post and I love you, if you're ever in England I'll sort you out.

ps. I hope you're a lady, if not, you can't win them all.

• Haha 1

I'm not saying that just because Grealish would be a star at Man City it means he will, there are lots more to take into consideration than what a move to Man City would do for how he's regarded, just that if he does in all probability he won't be any less of a star at Man City, if anything he'd probably become even more of a big name in general playing for them than with us, so I think people talking about him having a choice of either being a star for us or just another player for them, are pursuing a mistaken and misguided line of thought.

He'll be very well thought of and regarded whether he's playing for us or someone else, in deciding whether he wants to stay or leave I don't think such thoughts will barely cross his mind, the main question he will have will probably be whether he can win anything with us, which I'm sure would mean more to him as it would any Villa fan than winning something elsewhere.

Edited by useless

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm not saying Grealish should leave, just that if he does in all probability he won't be any less of a star at Man City, if anything he'd probably become even more of a big name in general playing for them than with us, so I think people talking about him having a choice of either being a star for us or just another player for them, are pursuing a mistaken and misguided line of thought.

He'll be very well thought of and regarded whether he's playing for us or someone else, in deciding whether he wants to stay or leave I don't think such thoughts will barely cross his mind, the main question he will have will probably be whether he can win anything with us, which I'm sure would mean more to him as it would any Villa fan than winning something elsewhere.

I'm not convinced of that. Jack really stands out over 90 minutes, not 60 or 20, as witnessed in the Euros. If he has a couple of underwhelming shifts and gets dropped, he risks becoming a face in the crowd there as opposed to the 90 minute focal point at Villa.

• Like 2

Grealish playing for England under Southgate and Guardiola would be two completely different things. And I doubt he'd underwhelm, and if he did they wouldn't drop him after paying £100m or whatever it would cost to buy him. Frankly I'm struggling to name a Man City player who you could say with definite conviction is a better player than him other than De Bruyne. He'd be starting most weeks for them, and would stand out as one of the very best players even in their squad.

18 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Compare that to AD I guess, who is his closest rival in terms of position. He did it the easy way. Might be a bit unfair to him though considering the Pelicans were going nowhere fast.

Well AD can't do it any other way. As with every centre other than Hakeem ad can't be the basis of an offence he still needs that A+ engine. Giannis is a ball handler which means he can be, but he also has 2 star teammates. Both of whom won a game this series for Giannis. I'd also not that AD only lost in the playoffs to the warriors. The current equivalent nets had 2 of their 3 best players injured. And 7 if the 9 best players in the league were out of the running due to injuries to themselves or teammates. Only Giannis and Embiid had filly fit teams. And embiid star teammate choked in game 7 against the Hawks. 

• Like 1

Villa are demanding £750 million for Jack Grealish and the will be on £1.4 million per week wages with a £160million signing bonus, Man City are really going for it this year, exception times for a club that is less than 13 years old.

Villa are said to. be laughing their bollocks off and saying that it's just paper talk as usual. In other news John Mcginn has insured his back side for 12million, that's right, 6 million per cheek.

• Like 1

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/grealish-shaws-7k-mykonos-bar-24597119

Jack Grealish and Luke Shaw enjoyed a seven-hour, 8,000 Euro Mykonos booze session

expected to see his name dragged through the mud here but plenty of quotes about how they've been absolute gentlemen...pleasant to see. bet this rag is gutted that there's no controversy to report.

Just now, Mazrim said:

Haven't read the article but it's hard to spend 8 bags on booze in Greece. Did they buy drinks for the whole island? And a few Gyros?

The numbers are always made up. Iirc several players have called out absolute bollocks like this in the past

• Like 1

On 18/07/2021 at 18:53, DaveAV1 said:

I’m also not so sure about this obsession with the CL. The old rivalries, local derbies stuff that’s built up over daft things that only real fans understand it just isn’t there in the CL. I remember times when we just couldn’t beat SHA, even when we were Champions of Europe we lost to them, it would depress me for weeks. I don’t even remember who knocked us out the following season.

Early European rounds generally get low crowds. I’m not sure if it’s still the same but while the CL is a huge financial gain, I’m pretty sure UEFA Cup or whatever they call it now generally costs clubs money. I think I read that when Rangers did well in it a few years ago they only made £400K and they reached the final. They were running a loss up until the final. 

It’s all over hyped by the media but I don’t think it holds the similar level of appeal to fans. I’m not even sure players are as bothered as the press make out. This players only want to play for clubs in the CL is quite probably a false narrative. It certainly doesn’t romantically nourish me that much. Finish fourth next season or fifth and win the FA Cup? I know what I’d prefer. 

In terms of building the squad Dave, Players want to play in the European competitions it's their kudos.....and it's a reason to choose between two close deals.

They are surely ramping up the reporting on Jack Leaving.

I have no idea, if he will stay or go, but I will say this :

I love Jacks play, he really is "Mr Aston Villa" and I don't want hime to leave.

However, I have see Paul McGrath go, Andy Gray, John Gidman, David Platt, I have seen Gary Shaw, Brian Little and Luc Nilis go with Injuries.

Jack is a mecurial Talent, but with the right recruitment, we can survive with out him.....I see so many factors that support him staying, but if a quick route to trophies is what he wants, or a closer contact with his new mates, he may want to chance his arm in going.

I have every faith in our people to make the right decisions.

Ps In light of the ESR comments on him signing his new deal, it would be nice if Jack would do the same.

• Like 2

But seriously I had a look at their website to see if you could drive a bus through the €8.000

I shocked they spent so little 😳 absolute madness

Hard to imagine that you could be so rich that a bar charging you 800€ for a £20 bottle of rum is acceptable, 10€ for a bottle of sol! 

Looks like they ran up a bar bill of around £500 but paid €8.000 for it 

Â