The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Must admit if Grealish goes it will be the same old story, as soon as we get close a bigger team takes our top player away.

I went cold on Villa for awhile after the inevitable ' cherry picking' of Barry, Milner, Benteke and Delph.

Was hoping the same would not happen again.

Don't understand why a week ago Collymore was adamant Grealish was staying and now he's not sure. Isn't he supposed to know the Grealish family?

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Dont like this from Collymore now after those earlier tweets ffs

Perhaps it is a statement that Grealish does not want to fight for a place at City and therefore would not move if he was not a guaranteed starter?

That's how I see Collymore's recent tweet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

What were his earlier tweets?  I just had a scroll and didn't see anything particularly startling.

This isn't anything, he was just hypothesising about how Jack would fit at Liverpool in response to somebody pointing out that he might fit in better there than at any of the other top clubs.

It all stemmed from Collymore saying Jack wouldn't want to go to City and play a lot of games off the bench.

• Like 1

Collymore has free reign to run his twitter as he wishes. He is after all employed to generate commercial revenues, TalkShite love a bit of Grealish baiting. He's great for clicks. It just looks like a nuanced view from a well connected pro.

It beats having to fend off gammon daily with their strawman Ulrika Johnsson carry on.

Edited by ccfcman

1 minute ago, ccfcman said:

Collymore has free reign to run his twitter as he wishes. He is after all employed to generate commercial revenues. TalkShite love a bit of Grealish baiting. Great for clicks.

It beats having to fend off gammon daily with their strawman Ulrika Johnsson carry on.

backing up homer simpson GIF

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The ones when he was with Jacks Dad insinuating that Jack was signing the deal. Then compounding it with the one below.

Seems with that last one as if Jacks open to moving.. 🤔 

He's clumsily saying Jack will do well in an England shirt going forward.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

Collymore has free reign to run his twitter as he wishes. He is after all employed to generate commercial revenues, TalkShite love a bit of Grealish baiting. He's great for clicks. It just looks like a nuanced view from a well connected pro.

He's worded that tweet like an editor for Birmingham Live, what a dickhead.

20 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I agree. He merits a contract that reflects his status to us as a club. Whether bonuses allow him to earn that much I don't really care. He's earnt that elite player contract 

There has to be two elements to Jack's earning power - wages and commercial deals.  I suspect that the latter is rapidly increasing on the back of the last 12 months and is starting to form a significant component of Jack's earnings.  That element would surely drop if he wasn't playing week in week out and he needs to factor that into any decision if earnings is a significant component of his decision making.

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It just shows collymores precious tweet was rubbish. No chance Jack's Dad is walking round Wembley revealing huge breaking news to random pundits. 

I was kind of hoping it to be one Villa fan telling another that our greatest player is staying and not to worry

22 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If he goes, I'm done with football. 

Thankfully, I'm 99.9% sure he won't.

If these owners lose Grealish, they will replace him with someone just as good. These owners will not be put off  by losing a star player.

As I said in an earlier post, historically our problem has not been losing star players, which we have done many times, our problem has always been the owners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

If these owners lose Grealish, they will replace him with someone just as good. These owners will not be put off  by losing a star player.

As I said in an earlier post, historically our problem has not been losing star players, which we have done many times, our problem has always been the owners.

He’s more than that though isnt he

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Eventually it does become a case of not being able to find someone of equal ability though. I.e. say we get 90mm for him (it's low but I like simple math). I don't think you can improve Villa by the same amount as you lost by buying 3 x 30mm players.

Two 45mm players? Maybe, but will players of that ilk be coming to Villa who have just lost their talisman and have no european football.

Where we are right now, we have to keep him for the simple fact we cannot recruit replacement value with that cash, and we need his star to pull other planets into our orbit...

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983
typos
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

It's probably a case of the straw that broke the camel's back with me.

But even then, they cannot replace him with someone as good.  There are only a few in the world as good, and not one of them would even look twice at a club outside the champions league. There may be some with potential to be as good that would consider us, but then what's the effing point is they're just going to move when they get good enough. 

Bear in mind Jack is a die hard fan and will stay with us longer than ANYONE else with his ability would. 

Like I said,  he's not going,  but if he did it would finish off my love of the game. 

Edit: I do like your optimism and positive view on things, and you are spot on about our owners being the best we've had in...  forever?  It's the fact we have such owners that makes me so confident he isn't going. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

Â