The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, ronk-villa said:

I saw an interview with him a few years back where he said he always hated playing at villa park.

I assume we gave him some abuse at some point. Big baby.

Boohoo.  Nasty Aston Villa fans were mean to me. 

Big Brother Omg GIF by Global TV

14 minutes ago, birdman said:

Mills is winding the Gooners up now saying Ben White can do better. Literally just spouting shite for the reactions.

OK but in this case he probably isn't wrong. But also the gooners could do better as well. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, birdman said:

Mills is winding the Gooners up now saying Ben White can do better. Literally just spouting shite for the reactions.

They’re obviously paying him in the amount of calls he generates.

I honestly don’t know why anyone listens the station - they used to have some great and informative guests on, with the occasional bit of punter baiting.

But nowadays it’s all about provoking a response, spouting any old bobbins for the premium telephone lines!

it’s criminal they consider themselves a sports journalism station. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I honestly don’t know why anyone listens the station - they used to have some great and informative guests on, with the occasional bit of punter baiting.

But nowadays it’s all about provoking a response, spouting any old bobbins for the premium telephone lines!

It is what GB news will be doing very shortly. If you want to make money in the commercial media section then that is basically the only way to do it at present.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It is what GB news will be doing very shortly. If you want to make money in the commercial media section then that is basically the only way to do it at present.

Isn’t that a sad indictment on modern ‘information’ media…

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

This is it for me.  I mean I actually don't listen to it but it's clear from all I read on here that it's more a fiction entertainment show/premium rate call generator with no basis in reality/journalism. 

I have it as a preset but purely for commentary when they are covering a match. I wouldn't consider having it on at other times.  Might as well listen to The Archers for your football news.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Well people want everything for free. What do they think the media are going to do? 

I wouldn't mind betting that The Athletic haven't been able to get enough subscribers to generate enough income to pay the writers and fund the operation so are focusing on clicks to make up the shortfall. 

• Like 1

Talksport business model is built on idiots. Plenty of them around so it’s a good model. Why fans get wound up by what they say is beyond me. They just say things for reaction. It’s actually a good listen for comedy value, anyone who takes it seriously need their heads testing imo.

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well people want everything for free. What do they think the media are going to do? 

I wouldn't mind betting that The Athletic haven't been able to get enough subscribers to generate enough income to pay the writers and fund the operation so are focusing on clicks to make up the shortfall. 

This, and Google rewards clicks not quality of content. Like there was a story over the weekend that was like "Chelsea tipped to make amazing Aston Villa Signing" or something, and it was about Tammy... Nonsense, but I clicked.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Not to go totally off topic but I think GB News is doing as well as it could do considering the circumstances. 

Neil Oliver and Andrew Doyle are a breath of fresh air. A few presenters aren't my cup of tea though. 

24 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

This, and Google rewards clicks not quality of content. Like there was a story over the weekend that was like "Chelsea tipped to make amazing Aston Villa Signing" or something, and it was about Tammy... Nonsense, but I clicked.

I've noticed this new tack with Meaning Evil where they are making outgoing transfers sound like incoming transfers. Sly bastards. 

I've managed to convince my housemate it's worthwhile going to the Bristol City friendly.

How? By telling his girlfriend that Grealish is Villa's captain and may be playing, although I doubt he will be.

This is someone who has had absolutely 0 interest in football in her life up to now. It really can't be underestimated how marketable he is and the Euros seem to have made him a household name in a matter of weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WHY said:

Talksport business model is built on idiots. Plenty of them around so it’s a good model. Why fans get wound up by what they say is beyond me. They just say things for reaction. It’s actually a good listen for comedy value, anyone who takes it seriously need their heads testing imo.

Its the same reason why the Scum (I think) is still the biggest selling 'news' paper in the UK (outside of Liverpool) and the Daily Hail is the most views online news/alt right newsite.

People want crap and crap is what they get.

32 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Dont like this from Collymore now after those earlier tweets ffs

What were his earlier tweets?  I just had a scroll and didn't see anything particularly startling.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What were his earlier tweets?  I just had a scroll and didn't see anything particularly startling.

The ones when he was with Jacks Dad insinuating that Jack was signing the deal. Then compounding it with the one below.

Seems with that last one as if Jacks open to moving.. 🤔 

• Sad 1

Â