The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Dunno why, I really thought we'd get at least one summer off from this endless saga after he signed a new deal and we had a pretty good season, but nope. 

It's really very boring how desperate the media are to sell him for us, and not just him either, likes of Rice it's the same thing. 

The problem is that the media don’t realise or don’t want to realise the ambition and finances that our owners have.

On one hand I think NSWE are happy to continue to fly under the radar, but I think at some point they will want to make a statement signing to show to other potential recruits that they can come here and achieve anything they want. I think that they are targeting trophies and top four next season. They’d view that as ambitious but far from impossible. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I need to find a way to shut it out completely. He will stay or he will go, it's 50/50; I know this, but it's hard not to keep getting sucked back in. 

totally impossible unless you smash all electronic devices, avoid all social media and newspapers and move to a cottage on Dartmoor. Its pretty much the first thing I read when I get up (my two lads are constantly 'updating' me with the 'situation' as well) and pretty much the last thing I read before going to sleep. No wonder we drink !! 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Dunno why, I really thought we'd get at least one summer off from this endless saga after he signed a new deal and we had a pretty good season, but nope. 

We will get this every summer for the rest of his career if he stays with us. Same as it happened every summer for Le Tissier (in fact nonstop as it was pre windows), every summer for Totti, etc. If you have a player this good it never stops whatever you achieve - even Man United or Real Madrid etc lose players or their best players are linked with moves. Actually you kind of have to hope it starts happening with more of our players because it will show they are catching the eye.

• Like 1

As long as Jack believes in the owners, he’ll stay. They have to sell it to him and back it up in these windows. Listen to Jacks interview after the 7-2. He believes in them. My mind was made up when Stan tweeted he’s signing after being with his Dad. Thats the most solid proof we’ve had. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Its like bloody pantomime season. Oh for the days of teletext transfer updates

The best part of the year this on VT..

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I need to find a way to shut it out completely. He will stay or he will go, it's 50/50; I know this, but it's hard not to keep getting sucked back in

fishermen GIF

Edited by Dave-R

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Jack wants to play Champions League

NSWE want Villa in the Champions League

NSWE show Jack the plan

Jack approves plan, signs deal

Jack says season 1 into new deal - look to finish around 12th

Villa finish 11th

Plan is on course ✅ 

Nothings changed

Except Bumper payrise for being that damn good 👍 

continue with plan 🔜 

He said " 8th - 12th " to be fair, but your points still remain.

|We possibly could have finished even higher than 8th, if he wasn't injured.; ( Hope he considers this )

So I guess the question is, if we're looking to sign a new deal with Jack, one that recognises our progress, his progress, his loyalty and his profile, how much do you think we can afford to give him?

I think we'd have to be looking at £200k a week plus.

City will be offering him £300k+

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Admin for the Sky Sports News page is filtering out Villa fans in the replies (hidden reply function). Disgrace. 

I've not posted in ages.....but this !!!!!

rocket polishers, the lot of em

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He said " 8th - 12th " to be fair, but your points still remain.

|We possibly could have finished even higher than 8th, if he wasn't injured.; ( Hope he considers this )

When he got injured we were 6pts off 4th with 2 games in hand. We were dropping off performance wise after the outbreak but proved we can match any side in the division. Dont think any of us were expecting us to be as good as we were showing. This side will benefit massively with that extra years experience together, all of that side are at a great age now. Buendia and Young are brilliant signings added to that. Its looking very promising imo

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

As long as Jack believes in the owners, he’ll stay. They have to sell it to him and back it up in these windows. Listen to Jacks interview after the 7-2. He believes in them. My mind was made up when Stan tweeted he’s signing after being with his Dad. Thats the most solid proof we’ve had. 

Although stans mirror column today’s was trying to give Jack reasons to stay so clearly not as clear cut as colly thought 

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Although stans mirror column today’s was trying to give Jack reasons to stay so clearly not as clear cut as colly thought 

Or maybe he’s just tasked with filling some column inches? Sounded pretty certain before. Straight from the horses mouth type stuff..

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So I guess the question is, if we're looking to sign a new deal with Jack, one that recognises our progress, his progress, his loyalty and his profile, how much do you think we can afford to give him?

I think we'd have to be looking at £200k a week plus.

City will be offering him £300k+

They'll be offering him more than everyone but De Bruyne? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

They'll be offering him more than everyone but De Bruyne? 

Sterling is on £300k. 

I'd expect them to be offering him more than that if they want to make him the third most expensive footballer of all time.

Regardless, I think the main thing is how much will we be giving him?

I think he'll be Villa's first £200k a week footballer.

I think there's a positive in that for us because it opens the door for us to sign other high profile players - Jack's salary is a Villa ceiling.

43 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sterling is on £300k. 

I'd expect them to be offering him more than that if they want to make him the third most expensive footballer of all time.

Regardless, I think the main thing is how much will we be giving him?

I think he'll be Villa's first £200k a week footballer.

I think there's a positive in that for us because it opens the door for us to sign other high profile players - Jack's salary is a Villa ceiling.

As has been mentioned, City’s use of high earning long term contracts is appealing to players and protects the club. The fact that Villa would be paying whatever it is they’ll be paying Jack, will definitely sway the opinions of players we’re bidding for. It’s the door to buying players that are a level above.

Edited by 7392craig

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Admin for the Sky Sports News page is filtering out Villa fans in the replies (hidden reply function). Disgrace. 

Much ado about nothing. Twitter is filtering out those who's lexicon doesn't muster sufficient depth than to rely by swearing. 

Â