The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He hit 1m Instagram followers at the start of June, was at 2m by the end of June.  He's now at 3m.

Thats some meteoric rise. Guys a superstar. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He hit 1m Instagram followers at the start of June, was at 2m by the end of June.  He's now at 3m.

Thats some meteoric rise. Guys a superstar. 

Emi went up about 2 million due to Copa America heroics as well.

The board have played blinders on so many fronts.

I genuinely think commercial exposure is a part of their thinking with players as well. ( Obviously not the deciding factor in transfers ) but still a strategic consideration.

We amplify these players by improving them, by default, which creates a trickle down effect.

7 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

One of the main reasons, with just one year left on our sponsorships I believe, it would be insane to entertain letting him go. Perez and Agnelli were right about one thing when it came to the Super League, and that's that there are a lot of fans of players rather than clubs, and whilst Jack isn't bigger than the club, we could definitely ride his coattails to improve our reputation and our commercial standing, something that only £80m-£100m would never cover. 

I saw a reddit post recently asking people who they thought were the most exciting teams to watch last season, and whilst you had a lot of boring answers saying City, the two teams with by far the most mentions were Leeds and Us.  We're actually getting fairly popular with neutrals, and Jack's a big part of that, and outside of City fans, I think most people want to see him stay at Villa, which is a massive opportunity for our owners to expand us as a club and our standing within the game.

Which is why I've said before 100 mil doesn't even cover Grealish marketing value. Think someone on here posted Barcelona had sponsorship deals that relied on Messi staying with the club

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

How can there be a hidden release clause? Is it like the map in the Hobbit, that needs moonlight to show it?

Its written in invisible ink. 

11 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

How can there be a hidden release clause? Is it like the map in the Hobbit, that needs moonlight to show it?

Heart of Gold [Book 2] - Chapter 6 - Moon Runes - Page 3 - Wattpad

Only 3 people in Europe can read it and the runes can only be read on every 5th anniversary of Villa's European Cup win from 1982. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Well, if we somehow manage a Euro spot this year all speculation dies. He goes into the following season leading the club to Europe and England to the WC as a Villa player. 

But no matter how well he does and how well we do he'll still only ever be a bit-part player for England as long as Southgate is the manager.

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I wouldn’t care, we’ve all be around long enough that we know the media don’t favour us so it’s water off a ducks back now what they say.  Even our local press is useless like Greg Evans whose anti-Villa for some reason and Ashley Preece, I don’t even know what he does, he just repeats and links to what rag papers say.  I sometimes question whether he knows anybody at Villa.  Probably just sits in his basement and reports whatever is on newsnow website because he never provides any insight.  I won’t even start on the national press and the pundits are clueless.

I believe Greg Evans is a boggies fan which explains some of the barbed reporting on Villa he generates. Ashley Preece seems a decent bloke who clearly loves Villa. I don’t believe either of them have any genuine insider knowledge. As such, I lump Evans in with the rest of the clueless press (I’m not fooled by their “subscription, not click bait, so we’re more believable” line), and cut Preece some slack as a fellow Villa fan trying to earn a living (without giving much credence to the ‘source says’ reports).

As for rumour of a release clause, why wouldn’t it have been triggered early this summer and why would citeh need to ‘bid’ £85m to £100m as the click bait sites keep saying? If the release clause existed it would simply be met (not bid) and the deal already done and announced.

I don’t believe there is a valuation release clause, aside from relegation of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Reporter says Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish may be given new role (thisisfutbol.com)

Central or wing re emerges.

Personally, I like him starting central, with a free role to go anywhere.

Same. He gets more touches in the centre, attacks go down both the left and the right with him there not just the left. We are way more balanced with him. In the centre. Personally I could emi playing LW as we know Dean prefers inside forwards and he played as a LW before joining Norwich. And a lot of the time he drifted left to link up with others I don't think it is a stretch. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I did some googling just now and best I could find is "The Athletic understand there's a hidden release clause". The reason it's hidden is they're not privy to the contract details 

Sarcastic Joke GIF

Tbf Percy is the person who initially reported the clause with an 'undisclosed but substantial fee' 

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf Percy is the person who initially reported the clause with an 'undisclosed but substantial fee' 

I don't think he did unless it's behind the pay wall. Thought he said like many no approach has been made. This is his last tweet June 25th with pay wall article that follows

Manchester City have a genuine interest in Jack Grealish and are set to make their move.. but #avfc are intent on keeping him at the club, with talks ongoing over a new contract. Villa's owners are ambitious and serious about continuing the club's progress

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't think he did unless it's behind the pay wall. Thought he said like many no approach has been made. This is his last tweet June 25th with pay wall article that follows

Manchester City have a genuine interest in Jack Grealish and are set to make their move.. but #avfc are intent on keeping him at the club, with talks ongoing over a new contract. Villa's owners are ambitious and serious about continuing the club's progress

When Jack signed his new contract he did. I posted the link on here or maybe a screenshot. 

You can find it on one of those news scan websites. 

HLTCO in general is a good guy, often has nice things to say about us and generally agree with him on a lot of things. Decent follow for anybody on twitter. Obviously a lot of his tweets focus on Palace but a good follow nonetheless

• Like 1

Â