The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The Premier League states the official definition is: "Subject to Rule T.7, a contract player, either by himself or by any person on his behalf, shall not either directly or indirectly make any such approach as is referred to in Rule T.5 without having obtained the prior written consent of his club."

City fans believe personal terms agreed. Bollocks

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

Every window.

Bullshit rumours abound about Jack leaving, and people start punching their tits over it.

Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

• Haha 2

All the stories are saying one common thing - City need to sell some players to fund this transfer, given the whole squad earns stupid money, finding clubs that’ll take them is going to be hard, unless they subsidise the wages.

They also don’t sell to those clubs around them. Unless they change tact, it only really leaves clubs on the continent as potential buyers. Which isn’t very many.

I hope Jack stays with us and we keep matching his ambitions, City don’t really need him, they dominated the league and bottled the final, they’ll still be there or there abouts next season regardless.

We’re in danger of becoming a boring one team league like Germany if they continue to buy the best players from the teams trying to compete and break into those top spots. Anyway, here’s hoping that new contract is signed soon 🤞

Edited by TH
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The Premier League states the official definition is: "Subject to Rule T.7, a contract player, either by himself or by any person on his behalf, shall not either directly or indirectly make any such approach as is referred to in Rule T.5 without having obtained the prior written consent of his club."

Happened with both Barry and Milner though. Talks happened behind Villa's back and contract terms were agreed before any transfer offer was accepted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Happened with both Barry and Milner though. Talks happened behind Villa's back and contract terms were agreed before any transfer offer was accepted.

That's not what I remember about Milner. Milner had no idea he was for sale until gobshite MON said so

• Like 2

If this happens I’m done with football, the game is doomed. Barry, Milner, Delph, Grealish. FFP puts a lid on everyone and ensures the status quo in perpetuity, anomalies like Leicester are only a blip and the money smooths it over soon enough. 

If they can cherry pick Grealish and Kane the PL becomes another Scots or French league. It’s a joke. 

For the love of the game I pray this doesn’t happen. If it does we are back to uncomfortable bottom half again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Listen it’s obvious this is common place. The player doesn’t even need to speak to the club. It’s all done via agents who discuss via representatives so no direct contact with club. It’s easy enough to establish the personal terms are not an issue this way.

that’s when clubs and agents even bother to adhere to this rule, which the majority don’t as almost impossible to prove and when has anyone ever been given a punishment for breaching it?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Listen it’s obvious this is common place. The player doesn’t even need to speak to the club. It’s all done via agents who discuss via representatives so no direct contact with club. It’s easy enough to establish the personal terms are not an issue this way.

that’s when clubs and agents even bother to adhere to this rule, which the majority don’t as almost impossible to prove and when has anyone ever been given a punishment for breaching it?

If hypothetically we ended up signing ESR, this is probably how. Put feelers out to his agent, indicate what he could earn with us and he decides not to sign a new contract at Arse. Problem for us is we’ve always been on the wrong end of it up to now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, est1874 said:

Agreed. Player is sounded out to see if he is interested in a move as one of the first steps.

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

If this happens I’m done with football, the game is doomed. Barry, Milner, Delph, Grealish. FFP puts a lid on everyone and ensures the status quo in perpetuity, anomalies like Leicester are only a blip and the money smooths it over soon enough. 

If they can cherry pick Grealish and Kane the PL becomes another Scots or French league. It’s a joke. 

For the love of the game I pray this doesn’t happen. If it does we are back to uncomfortable bottom half again.

I feel you, but it's Jack you/we should be pissed off with if it did happen, not FFP.

Our owners wouldn't sell him unless he wanted to go.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kidlewis said:

Exactly, they made the mistake with Delph literally days before and even made him captain. 

they cannot be that stupid twice surely 

In fairness, the Delph situation is not remotely comparable, we were so mismanaged that he got a short term contract extension with the £8m release fee rather than lose him for free. Grealish has another four years to go with no such fee. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 3

You can just see how magnificent these owners and Purslow are in the way theyve gone about getting all the big players nailed down to Long term deals in Jack, Mings, Konsa, McGinn. You saw City do the same regularly with Silva, Kompany, Aguero, etc. 5 year deals across the board. Then what theyve done in transforming the younger age groups. We continue to hoover up the best talent in the Midlands and further afar. The environment is superb at Villa now, in the space of 2 years we’ve become a very fashionable club again and lots of players looking in from the outside will want to join, especially young English lads who can see we are predominantly English in our playing staff and have clear routes to the national team.

Think its understated what a masterstroke it was by the big wigs to get Purslow to be a shareholder before landing the role. He does his job with extra motivation because of this and has been first class tbf. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MadridVilla said:

So here's the masterplan:

Villa convince City there's a slim chance of signing Grealish if the price is right

City sell players to generate funds for Grealish and weaken their squad

Grealish signs a new deal with Villa, leaving City with a gaping hole in their squad

Villa fly past City in the league and win the double, with Grealish knighted for services to leg muscles.

NSWE are just playing chess.

GIF by Adult Swim

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TH said:

All the stories are saying one common thing - City need to sell some players to fund this transfer, given the whole squad earns stupid money, finding clubs that’ll take them is going to be hard, unless they subsidise the wages.

They also don’t sell to those clubs around them. Unless they change tact, it only really leaves clubs on the continent as potential buyers. Which isn’t very many.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. 

Who's going to take on Citeh players on their wages right now? With a big enough fee to fund Grealish? All the clubs who could traditionally make that kind of transfer are broke. 

How can Citeh negotiate terms with him if they've not even unloaded the players they would need to in order to generate the funds. 

It's all such total bullshit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Who's going to take on Citeh players on their wages right now? With a big enough fee to fund Grealish? All the clubs who could traditionally make that kind of transfer are broke. 

How can Citeh negotiate terms with him if they've not even unloaded the players they would need to in order to generate the funds. 

True, also is it not glaringly obvious they need a striker most importantly.

I thought they'd go all out for Haaland but he seems Chelsea bound.

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's not what I remember about Milner. Milner had no idea he was for sale until gobshite MON said so

Milner was on holiday in Dubai prior to pre-season and got doorstepped by Man City reps IIRC. 

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don’t think he’s leaving, but let’s not forget Abu Dhabi Inc already put down 100m for Kane without selling anyone. They’ve got those funds available now. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Awol said:

I don’t think he’s leaving, but let’s not forget Abu Dhabi Inc already put down 100m for Kane without selling anyone. They’ve got those funds available now. 

It’s a good point - I can see Kane happening - well in his prime, Spurs aren’t really going anywhere, Aguero leaving, Jesus is never going to be a first choice striker.

I don’t doubt they want Grealish - but they have so many players in that wide/AM position, they’ve got to move some of them on otherwise how are they going to keep all of them happy?

The City model seems to be high paying long term contracts which the players are happy to run down (we’ve learnt this…. 👀 Micah) - moving on players for them is going to be difficult

Â