The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I'm sure it's also loads of journalists making things up. I'd even wager it's mostly that, or all of that.

Maybe we’ll never know but I suspect they are more likely to print rumours from unreliable sources rather than just making things up themselves. There would be enough rumour and miss information going around that they wouldn’t need to make any up in order to write a story.

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I still see much work to be done from Jack as far as the club is concerned and his legacy at Villa. Yes, we can debate he merits of him being the best player ever produced at the club, but I don't see his current achievements as sufficient grounds to label him a Villa Legend just yet. I think he still has some way to go before that, like lifting a trophy, getting us to Europe etc. I do think if he leaves it would leave me feeling pissed and that he has slightly mirrored David Platt. Someone who was Ioved when he was here but done one when his popularity grew after representing England. A player I personally didn't give 2 shits about after he left. Obviously the love for Jack is on another level which would probably leave an even sour taste, especially if he went that craphole. 

Agree. I’d struggle to get on board with a ‘wish him well’ sentiment as he’d be yet another who left whilst we were trying to achieve things to go and help another club do it. Yes he’s done a lot for us but we’ve also done a lot for him. If he bucked that trend and stayed to push on with us, then he would be legendary.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

So people what have we learnt today? Jack Grealish may be off but if not he will probably stay. I’m putting my application for a job into the Birmingham mail

If you want a job you need to be more thorough

Jack Grealish may be off for between for anything between £80m/£110m but if not he doesn't go he will sign a new contract with the Villa

Birmingham Mail will be kicking your door down for stories like that

• Haha 2

As a Villa fan there’s not been as an exciting time as this for a long time. I think he sees that. I wonder what sort of things his Dad and brother say to him. I know he loves being a massive icon and wants to play CL as his ability truly deserves that, but he has plenty of time on his hands. Its not like its now or never in regards to a move. Thats what would be most disappointing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He’s negotiating a new contract, his agent will have told him to keep quiet and ignore all media reports. His agent will then be free to throw out all sorts of rumours to newspapers playing both sides. It’s essentially Smith-Rowe again but us fans are now looking at it from the other side of the picture.

Thanks for responding but I think you are missing the point I was making. More a case of how people would feel IF he wanted to go? Not because it will happen.  

As much as I think it's somewhat of a mute point I'm just trying to gauge how others would feel. Whether others would also feel pissed if he wanted to or be cool about it? Like I said I'd be pissed off for a good while I think.

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

This is according to transfer expert Alex Crook, who revealed on Drive that he’d received a text from someone close to Grealish’s camp that the player was having doubts.”

Sad Cat GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Thanks for responding but I think you are missing the point I was making. More a case of how people would feel IF he wanted to go? Not because it will happen.  

As much as I think it's somewhat of a mute point I'm just trying to gauge how others would feel. Whether others would also feel pissed if he wanted to or be cool about it? Like I said I'd be pissed off for a good while I think.

Of course. It would make this true to be nothing more than a soundbite

He’s made for life now, been made the highest paid player in the clubs history. Is the face of his boyhood club and captain. Captains steer their men through and drive them forward. There’s no excuse now, we have major backers whos ambitions match his own. He knows it will take a few years, but I thought that was all explained and he understood that when signing the contract, hence his comment about finishing around 12th last year. I personally think he should sacrifice his whole career to building us up to be regularly around the top. He’s that good and has that much pull to be able to help us get that incredible squad to be there one day.

Been so busy I've missed this roller coaster ffs.

From seeing people convinced he's off, to the opposite.

Now I've.juat seen something from Dorsett saying new deal, with us, huge deal which could see him end his career etc?

Could someone update me on the summary of happenings please?

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Now I've.juat seen something from Dorsett saying new deal, with us, huge deal which could see him end his career etc?

Absolutely no idea but I like the sound of that last bit so I'm going to run with that 😁

Where did you hear that?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I’ll field this one: nothing has happened, journos likely chatting shit whatever their angle, Jack having what I imagine is a lovely break in Greece.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Absolutely no idea but I like the sound of that last bit so I'm going to run with that 😁

Where did you hear that?

Ignore.

It was a Tweet posted on Facebook. Seems it's fake though 🤦🏿

41 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Am I on my own in thinking that if Jack wanted out this summer it is tantamount to turning his back on the club? Especially at this moment in time because of where we are at. Not that I think it will happen but if it did.

I still see much work to be done from Jack as far as the club is concerned and his legacy at Villa. Yes, we can debate he merits of him being the best player ever produced at the club, but I don't see his current achievements as sufficient grounds to label him a Villa Legend just yet. I think he still has some way to go before that, like lifting a trophy, getting us to Europe etc. I do think if he leaves it would leave me feeling pissed and that he has slightly mirrored David Platt. Someone who was Ioved when he was here but done one when his popularity grew after representing England. A player I personally didn't give 2 shits about after he left. Obviously the love for Jack is on another level which would probably leave an even sour taste, especially if he went that craphole. 

Maybe I'm being a little bitchy but I personally would like to see the player or the club come out and say he ain't moving regardless of what xy or z may want.   

I loved Platt. My favourite player. He stayed at Villa after Italia 90 (when we had finished 2nd in the league that year). He left the following summer after the omnishambles of the Venglos season and finishing 17th in the league? I can't blame him for going after that! Its unfair to say he did one after his England emergence. 

Also the thing with Platt is that he had no emotional attachment to Villa. Not like Jack. 

• Like 2

Others have said it but I think he'll be with us until we show signs of stagnating. He's been heavily linked with a move away every summer since 2018 and each season since we've progressed. If we finish mid-table again then yes I think he'll definitely be off next summer.

Personally I'm still of the opinion he is staying. No matter how many made up stories I read on twitter nothing will convince me otherwise as it's doesn't make any logical sense to me. He's onboard with a project that is progressing nicely. Villa Park will be open to the fans again soon and he's club captain. Super Jack. He has it all really and I don't think this is the season for such a decision. 

• Like 3

Â