The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

The Athletic is excellent for their coverage of American sports. Unfortunately it just shows the level our sports journalists are at. It just seems to be something ingrained in our football culture. 

Problem is too many people lap it up. And to be fair I'm probably a little guilty of it at times. 

I must admit me too. I go onto Newsnow and click on rubbish. I do however no longer ever click on anything from the anti Villa Brum Mail. They could be posting the winning lottery numbers and I’d ignore that lowlife rag. I’m trying to ween myself off newsnow entirely. It’s an utter waste of time these days. 

• Like 1

Just now, nepal_villan said:

About to do the same. What a disappointment. 

Not because it's Grealish specifically. But because they have gone down the road they exactly stated they wouldn't at the start. I imagine there will be a huge drop off in subscriber numbers unless your a super League six wankfest member.

If they could go a week without trying to sell a villa player that would be nice.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Not because it's Grealish specifically. But because they have gone down the road they exactly stated they wouldn't at the start. I imagine there will be a huge drop off in subscriber numbers unless your a super League six wankfest member.

If they could go a week without trying to sell a villa player that would be nice.

Doesn’t matter how good the sources are - the problem is with having a ‘journalist’ for each club means those closer to certain sources are no more than glorified stenographers. They are selling the spin the club wants to project. Of course they want fans to get excited about it. Doesn’t mean it’s remotely true, just gets the clicks in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I saw someone try to claim we've done it just to maximise shirt sales before he leaves, without once considering that would just result in all Grealish shirts being returned and then Villa having thousands of unusable stock.

Clubs don’t give a shit about shirt sales anymore. That might have been a decent revenue stream in the 80s or 90s but not these days. Now it’s all about TV revenue and corporate packages. For shirts the club sells the shirt rights to a manufacturer (kappa in our case) and takes a lump sum while kappa try and shift shirts to make the money back on them. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Clubs don’t give a shit about shirt sales anymore. That might have been a decent revenue stream in the 80s or 90s but not these days. Now it’s all about TV revenue and corporate packages. For shirts the club sells the shirt rights to a manufacturer (kappa in our case) and takes a lump sum while kappa try and shift shirts to make the money back on them. 

It is true that the club would not do that to encourage shirt sales.

However,  in terms of us being able to attract a good offer from our next prospective partner,  the more we sell the better and easier that will be. If we don't sell a lot going into a season expecting a European finish, with the darling of the English football fans, then we'll have a hard time negotiating with them.

Either way. Its a moot point. He's staying.

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Its always tease, tease, tease.

You're happy when I'm on my knees 

One day it's fine and next it's black

So if you want me of your back

Well, come on and let me know

Should I stay or should I go".

Just out of interest - did anybody else sing this in their head?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Even Radio 1s Nick Grimshaw who doesn't follow football has been talking about Jack. After that an influx of callers and texters into Radio 1 for a solid 24hrs. 

Girls were saying that they miss screaming at the TV "WHEN IS JACK COMING ON SOUTHGATE" etc 

He is all over people Tiktok algorithms. He is a national heart throb. 

One texter said that they miss him and might even come down to VP to get their fix... 

Why go to VP when he will be at the Etihad?

...................or will he?

12 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

The silence from jack and the club is killing me

He's in Greece getting bronzed and having a cheeky beer.

Then he'll come home and sign a new contract before meeting a few expensive new team mates.

Relax.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Â