The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s a great example of covering all bases whilst saying nothing at the same time - gotta get those subs in. 

Yep

He signs for Citeh - I told you so

Stays at Villa - I said he might sign a new contract 

If the club sell him after all the Grealish propaganda they’ve put out this week and the personalised shirt sales they will have had, it’s a massive f**k up. 

Either way, I can’t bare for this to drag on for weeks. IF we do sell him, we’re going to need some time to spend the money well.

Just now, est1874 said:

The idea that we'd sell Grealish for £80m while Spurs hold out for £150m for Harry Kane is just **** despicable.

I hate the media.

Yeah but Spurs are a super league team, and what have little old Aston Villa ever won, hey? 

We should be honoured that a super duper team like Man City want to take our best player, and be grateful for whatever pitiful sum they deem fit to give us. 

That really does seem to be the attitude of the media and other fans. 

• Like 1

The article I just read said that City are ready to put an offer in but it is also expected that he will sign a new contract. So basically they know nothing.

No doubt the smoke that is being blown up is probably down to his agent so Jack can get a bigger contract. We don't have to sell as he has four years left on his contract and I doubt Jack will throw his toys out of the pram and go on strike will he. It could rumble on to next summer but I think will be with us for another year at least.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

The fact that his representatives have supposedly agreed personal terms whilst also talking to Villa about a new contract is interesting. Kind of suggests that we will match City’s offer in his new contract. 

Keeping Jack amid all this pressure would be the best business of the window no doubt. 

18 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

If the club sell him after all the Grealish propaganda they’ve put out this week and the personalised shirt sales they will have had, it’s a massive f**k up. 

Either way, I can’t bare for this to drag on for weeks. IF we do sell him, we’re going to need some time to spend the money well.

I saw someone try to claim we've done it just to maximise shirt sales before he leaves, without once considering that would just result in all Grealish shirts being returned and then Villa having thousands of unusable stock.

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Exactly this, just cancelled my subscription. 

I liked the fact that they were positioning themselves away from the rags on transfer dealings. 

That 'article' was the last nail in the coffin. 

I've also sent him an email telling him as much. 

The Athletic is excellent for their coverage of American sports. Unfortunately it just shows the level our sports journalists are at. It just seems to be something ingrained in our football culture. 

Problem is too many people lap it up. And to be fair I'm probably a little guilty of it at times. 

• Like 1

Â