The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, TRO said:

It's an Irish colloquialism.

Pretty much everyone in Birmingham I went to school with would say youse lot. Don't think it's confined to Ireland. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t think he will TRO, I think he believes his own hype. The media keep painting him as some sort of tactical genius and he constantly plays the intellectual card. Sadly I think we’re stuck with him. 

He's already said he hopes he's given the chance to lead us in 2022.

Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Sam Lee is normally quite reliable.....

A quick look on the city forum, says he's not reliable and only posts vague stuff that might/might not happen.

I think, as it stands it's more likely Jack stays another season with or without a new contract.

• Thanks 1

I'm pleased he did at least get his moment against the Germans this tournament. The man we were all desperate for had to save the day. The summer of Jackamania, I and others had all expected, unfortunately peaked there and then. What could've been I guess..

jWVWHym.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So annoying that the FA and the press are proclaiming Southgate is the man to carry on developing this team as if he's achieved the impossible so far.

He's had 3 tournaments, and the best we've done in any of them is perform as well as we could reasonably expect given the draws we ended up with. He has done nothing ground breaking, and he clearly has no idea how to utilise the array of talent we have in this team. 

Grealish going to largely miss another tournament if Southgate is still manager in 2022. But at least he'll get another rest.

• Confused 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

I have a bad feeling Jack won’t get called up for the World Cup qualifiers next season.

Others such as Greenwood will get recalled ahead of him. 

No chance, people will call for Southgates head if he does that. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

No chance, people will call for Southgates head if he does that. 

The FA won’t sack him if he doesn’t pick him and they don’t give a hoot what the people want or think.

Jack takes too much attention away from Southgate’s favourites and identifies the inefficiencies in his cautious tactics. 

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I have a bad feeling Jack won’t get called up for the World Cup qualifiers next season.

He is pretty much the super sub currently, he's a squad mainstay now!

If Jack is to make the grade for England, he needs to play a different game than the one he plays for Villa. When he has come on for England, he has struggled because, unlike with Villa, his team mates are not looking for him and Jack does little to find space to tempt them. No England manager is going to base his side around Jack, nor should they ..... its up to Jack to develop his game so that it is a better fit for England.

The one good thing from Euro2020 is that Jack has experienced the frustration of warming the bench which is almost certain to be a regular experience if he was daft enough to sign for Man City. He should be desperate to get back to Villa now where he knows he'll start every game.

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I don’t think Southgate will get a choice on this one , in the coming weeks the media , pundits and public asking for a more attacking future approach and also asking why JG wasn’t given more game time especially in the final will pressure the FA into forcing him to be more aggressive , personally I hope Southgate says it’s not for him and steps down 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chine said:

I don’t think Southgate will get a choice on this one , in the coming weeks the media , pundits and public asking for a more attacking future approach and also asking why JG wasn’t given more game time especially in the final will pressure the FA into forcing him to be more aggressive , personally I hope Southgate says it’s not for him and steps down 

Southgate will remain, no way will he step down and he’ll want players that fit his system. Jack isn’t one of them and draws too much attention away from the rest of the squad.

I hope he continues to get selected and so he should but I’d rather see him play in a system that befits his style.

11 minutes ago, Nigel said:

He is pretty much the super sub currently, he's a squad mainstay now!

A super sub he couldn’t bring himself to field until extra time despite having 30% possession in the second half.

GS has used Jack to get him out of the crap throughout the tournament and never rewarded his impact other than a few minutes here and there. 

• Like 3

Â