The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Fair play to Jack.  His tweet is in every news source with a headline.  He's certainly got his point across.

And Keane is such a nob.  No one is ever going to argue with the manager and take the ball off another player.  It would be unheard of.  Keane is just another stir it up merchant purely on there to say something controversial.

He's there because of his history as a footballer and charisma (of you can call it that), but as a pundit if he says something that's correct it's usually trivial, and if he says something that's interesting (from a viewer's perspective) it's usually something controversial which he doesn't defend with solid arguments he just acts macho about it.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

The only positive out of how he's been treated is that it might have given him a bit of insight into what life at Man City would be like.

Nah, he's Pep's type of player. He'd be a key player for them.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

The only positive out of how he's been treated is that it might have given him a bit of insight into what life at Man City would be like.

I imagine the holte end in full voice singing super Jack will make him feel at home again. It’s not just that he’s so loved by the fans, he’s Mr Aston Villa, he really is our Totti.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

To be fair at city he wouldn't play for a team wich values attacking play, which is a far cry from the current England model. 

Not sure that a World Cup Semi-Final and a Euros Final is mediocrity BUT if Jack was fit he certainly under used him.

I watched Mount closely last night (and I do rate him) but I could not see where he offered anything better than Jack. Then we get the ‘master tactician’ done by his own overthinking. First half Harry Kane doing a great job, England on the front foot, second half I thought Steve Bruce was in charge, roll wor sleeves up and dig in. No outlet to get England up the pitch with the ball going back to Italy cheaply and no attempt to disrupt the tempo. It must have been blindingly obvious at that point that the ideal candidate to affect this was Jack. But by then Southgate had become a victim of his own no risk philosophy.

Penalties in training with your mates ain’t the same as penalties in front a crowd in the biggest game in a generation.

I never expected Jack to be in the first five, but then again I never expected Saka either. I did expect Stirling, Phillips or Shaw though.

Saka had a great tournament, shouldn’t have been put in that position, think he has a brilliant career ahead of him. Last night though Jack should have been on before him.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

was he ever really in it?only popular opinion, got him in....Totally under used and under appreciated and under played when he did get in.

just about every team in the competition that we faced was relieved when Jack wasn't playing, what does that tell you?

I won't be surprised if GS goes after this.

GS will lead the team into the world cup, of that I'm sure, beyond that I'm not so certain. 

49 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Nah, he's Pep's type of player. He'd be a key player for them.

he might be, but sterling wouldn't pass to him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â