The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Nope

Our god and saviour, the man we just spent a month about moaning if you play we'll win the lot... 

When it mattered saka stepped up... 

He said he'd take one so are you saying Grealish should have gone against the manager's decision and attempted to wrestle Saka to the floor to get the ball off him to take a penalty before he could be stopped?

I don't know if you've noticed but Grealish isn't exactly highly valued by this manager.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

Do you think Southgate will be happy that Grealish has told the world he ignored him again, of course he won’t. 

Southgate has previous with Keane. Maybe he'll appreciate the Grealish tweet.

5 minutes ago, WHY said:

Do you think Southgate will be happy that Grealish has told the world he ignored him again, of course he won’t. 

If Grealish is getting called out he has a right to respond with the truth. Southgate already said he made the decision about who takes the penalties. He didn't ignore Jack...he just made a different decision. I think Southgate will understand. 

Edited by Rolta

8 hours ago, deck said:

I'm assuming the takers of the first five had been selected before the game began (hence the subs at the end). If Gareth Methodgate's got his pre-agreed, typed up in triplicate list, you can't just disregard it and barge in front (Jack couldn't anyway; he's not established enough yet in the England set-up to do that, and apparently has to walk on eggshells around Southgate).  Keane comes out with some good stuff as a pundit, but when big games become tense he too often reverts to hackneyed real-men-step-up-and-take-control Old West gunfight-type stuff (him abandoning the Republic of Ireland squad in the 2002 World Cup over a spat with Mick McCarthy tends to work to undermine his authority here - especially since ROI had to face a penalty shoot-out in that tournament - against Spain in the round of 16  - and so Roy was AWOL when the key opportunity came there for him to lead by example and take one of the early penalties—or any of them!)

yeah.....already responded to te arranged penalties, I got it wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

He said he'd take one so are you saying Grealish should have gone against the manager's decision and attempted to wrestle Saka to the floor to get the ball off him to take a penalty before he could be stopped?

I don't know if you've noticed but Grealish isn't exactly highly valued by this manager.

I take it back

Madness that the manager sets the players and the order, never heard of that before 

And that's before you then look at the absolute insanity that is putting saka 5th

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Thinking about it, Keane left a World Cup tournament because he had a public spat with McCarthy. He hadn't even got the balls to figure stuff out and stay with the team. Blokes a hypocrite of the highest order.

Not quite correct: he was told to go home by McCarthy in a private team meeting. Fair enough he refused to come back and it all became public after, but he didn’t walk out after a public spat.

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

Southgate has previous with Keane. Maybe he'll appreciate the Grealish tweet.

I’ve got all sorts of problems with Southgate’s management, but he took the flack for the choice of penalty takers, so fair play. There’s no denying that he has been successful in keeping a good team spirit. That has been his achievement but unfortunately that alone doesn’t win trophies. 

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

If Grealish is getting called out he has a right to respond with the truth. Southgate already said he made the decision about who takes the penalties. He didn't ignore Jack...he just made a different decision. I think Southgate will understand. 

I don't see anything wrong with what Jack has tweeted there, he even stuck up for "the Gaffer" saying he got a lot right in the tournament and last night.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WHY said:

what's the worst that can happen? not like jack might have cost himself much england game time is it

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’ve got all sorts of problems with Southgate’s management, but he took the flack for the choice of penalty takers, so fair play. There’s no denying that he has been successful in keeping a good team spirit. That has been his achievement but unfortunately that alone doesn’t win trophies. 

He has taken the team from being a laughing stock against Iceland to WC semi-finalists and Euros finalists in 5 years. I'm sure he's doing a bit more than keeping the lads' spirits up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I'm sure in Keane's mind there's nothing violence or intimidation can't solve... 

I'd like to solve Roy Keane with violence. I doubt I could last 5 minutes in his presence without bursting his lips. Bellend.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Madness that the manager sets the players and the order, never heard of that before 

I would say these days that’s what happens with every penalty shoot-out in professional football. Same as the nutritionist in that camp will have told Jack and Saka what to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner that day and it will have been different for both of them. When almost every detail is controlled, they aren’t going to let players choose penalties themselves. 

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m glad Grealish didn’t take a penalty and miss. Feel for Saka. He’s just a kid. 

Could you imagine the media and papers today and the crap they would have came away with.

As @dont_do_it_doug. highlighted in another post elsewhere, they build you up to shoot you down.

It's a blessing Grealish didn't take one, I am 100% certain today he would be public enemy number one had he done so and it went wrong.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

There’s no denying that he has been successful in keeping a good team spirit. That has been his achievement but unfortunately that alone doesn’t win trophies. 

I think managing the media and keeping a good team spirit will get you 90% there with England (far better than a managerial genius who the media are set against) and he’s done well at both of those. But I think he froze last night. Shame but he’s going to be the manager for 2022 so nothing changing soon. After that I reckon he’ll move on (he planned to after last year’s Euros but with the WC a year away he’ll see out his contract I’m sure).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I would say these days that’s what happens with every penalty shoot-out in professional football. Same as the nutritionist in that camp will have told Jack and Saka what to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner that day and it will have been different for both of them. When almost every detail is controlled, they aren’t going to let players choose penalties themselves. 

I would have thought that they would have a rough idea as to who is going to take one and even the order but there would still be some sort of consultation and rejigging of it based on player feedback and feeling from the game 

28 minutes ago, WHY said:

After his treatment of Jack in this tournament, I don't think Jack gives a ****.

He has not looked a happy bunny throughout this tournament because that tw@t in the trench coat has cocked the whole thing up with his safety first descision making.

I hope the idiot resigns.

• Like 2

Â