The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

52 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not really going to get drawn in to the debate around who took penalties, who decided it and who bottled it. That’s just masking over the fact that Italy deserved to win and the much bigger picture. 

Getting to the final and losing was the absolute worst result possible for England because Southgate will keep his job and nothing will change. 

We’re winning nothing under this guy. Expect much of the same at the World Cup. Boring, defensive, turgid football. 

The problem is the FA, an organisation that is massively resourced, in every way and has only just managed to get us to our second final in 55 years. There is no measurement that can conclude that to be anything but failure on a grand scale. Let’s not forget that these are the clowns who build the national stadium millions over budget and years late. Did heads roll?

During the last 55 years Denmark have been European champions, the French have revolutionised their football coaching set up and won the World Cup twice. The usual suspects Germany and Italy have continued to regularly win tournaments. Minor blips have been just that. 

Our rugby team have won the World Cup and continue to be a world power. The cricket team have won the World Cup in two different formats and produce great, exciting cricket. We even have one of, if not the best cycling teams in the world. So in one of the great sporting nations why does the football team consistently fail? The obvious answer is the people who run the sport. While they are allowed to continue to celebrate mediocrity and excuse failure, we will continue to win sweet FA. 

• Like 2

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Never seen that show but from watching  that I'm guessing "Number 6" prompted your reply. I had to watch 3 minutes of nutty shit to get there mind you .

Fairplay. Your joke holds up and consider me informed about a new show .😀

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Hopefully his interest in joining a squad with Sterling is 0% after this tournament. Forget goal creating actions, the bloke  wouldn’t pass him the salt at dinner. 

One heck of a sample of playing in a team that doesn’t look to you as it’s main creative outlet, though. The grass isn’t greener in Manchester. 

Great post and fingers crossed you’re right. Stay with us where you’re the talisman 

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Win lose or draw I think there's gonna be some proper rage in here tonight

Win 5-0 and it'll be imagine how many we could've scored... 

I think he'll get a shit 10 minutes when we're losing and playing badly, not be able to magic a rabbit out of his ass and get declared overrated and Southgate was right not to start him

turns out..

• Like 2

I’m glad this Euros is finally over, it’s been fun and all (in parts) but now we can look forward to Jack coming back and getting himself ready for the season. He’s raised his profile by doing very little, and will hopefully see that he’s best of staying at Villa to be the main man. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, burchy said:

15-20 mins for Grealish tonight was ridiculous, game was crying out for him after 50 odd minutes. 

The 2nd half, we were crying out for was someone to keep the ball,  win some free kicks and go past a few players.

Awful management and England got what they deserved in the end.  Going 1-0 up after 2 mins threw England,  that was the one thing they didn't plan for.

Throw as many London,  Liverpool and Manchester based players on the pitch as it is legal to do and see what happens is the underlying methodology it seems.

Grealish on from the start would get an assist or penalty, yellow or red cards for Italy or a goal in the 120 mins,  pretty much guaranteed. 

Southgate showed us who is boss though.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Our rugby team have won the World Cup and continue to be a world power. The cricket team have won the World Cup in two different formats and produce great, exciting cricket. We even have one of, if not the best cycling teams in the world. So in one of the great sporting nations why does the football team consistently fail? The obvious answer is the people who run the sport. While they are allowed to continue to celebrate mediocrity and excuse failure, we will continue to win sweet FA. 

I think it's a bit unfair to compare the football team to the rugby / cricket teams. There's only about a dozen teams in the world that play rugby or cricket to a suitably competitive level, whereas there's probably 50+ football teams who can play at a reasonable level. I'd agree that England has underperformed given the quality of our league but there's still a LOT of teams that think they have a reasonable chance of winning the World Cup every time it comes around, so it's certainly no easy task.

I was wondering last night whether England as a footballing nation might have turned a bit of a corner regarding the quality of their squad with the PL rule changes about home-grown players, and St George's Park opening about a decade ago. I don't know if it's just coincidence we have a strong and tight-knit bunch of young players coming through now or whether that's something that's going to become the new normal, but I certainly hope it's the latter!

Southgate gave Jack around 20 minutes of extra time to win the game for us and then didn't give him the opportunity to hit home a penalty. It is almost like he would rather have risked defeat than given Jack the chance to be the match winner.  :rolleyes:   

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I would doubt he knows any more than you or I. 

He's literally mates with his dad and has asked him about Jack staying at Villa directly.

He knows exactly what he's doing.  

It’s not really much of stretch to think that Stan would have asked Jack about his future yesterday. He was stood speaking to him, I mean wouldn’t every one of you be asking the same question? 

I’d say that if Collymore is nailing his flag to this mast, he’s been told he’s staying. 

• Thanks 1

Â