The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Every society across the globe has their fair share of arseholes.

Exactly. Strange for someone to be ashamed of their nationality because of what a few eejits are saying on Twitter. Not like other countries don’t have also have bad apples.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Since he missed his penalty against Sheffield United two seasons back, Jack has shied away from penalties. That's why Watkins and El Ghazi took them last season. Leads me to believe (without knowing for certain) that Jack probably did not volunteer to take a penalty.

If Jack is to truly be a world class player, he needs to add penalty taking (and free kicks) to his repertoire.  Off-hand can't think of too many attacking greats who don't take them.

That's just wrong. He would have taken the one vs wolves but el ghazi asked for it. And he likes the strikers to take pens because it gives momentum. You can guarantee next season though Grealish will take pens to inflate his numbers like a certain Mr Fernandes. 

23 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Jack was 10th, as in last of all the outfield players, in the order. You could see Southgate say it in the he huddle.

I’m 99% sure Southgate told Jack he would by directly after Pickford in the list.

• Haha 2

Let's not bloody forget who stepped up and scored one for us in the play off semi final shootout.

If you think he'd turn one down tonight then I'm sorry but you're absolutely wrong. He's the most confident player I've ever seen and would thrive with the pressure of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

You're entitled to your opinion mate but I don't see much there being much support for it. It was an awful performance, waste of resources and a tactical bust.

Probably not on a Villa forum but there is a bigger world out there

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

He doesn't shy away from pens. He grabbed the ball to take one against Southampton last season but those on the touchline instructed him to leave it for Watkins. As he said in an interview a couple of weeks ago, he'd happily take a pen at any time

I remember that. I stand corrected.

Moving forward, hope to see him take our penalties. 

• Like 1

I’m as puzzled as anyone as to why Saka was designated 5th penalty taker. But it’s down to the manager to decide the order so I am bemused about how Jack seems to be getting criticism for not stepping up as one of the first five. 

Southgate got that penalty shoot out rota badly wrong in my view, but basically the issue was decided by who’s the best manager out of Roberto Mancini or GS? No contest.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, smg said:

Sorry don’t agree, Jack should have been used earlier but the comments about other player performances are basically bollox

Disagree strongly. We were awful. Italy had 70% possession and 19 shots to our 6. This is a team that had 30% possession last game. We were completely outclassed and had spinnazola been fit or if insigne was on the ball we'd be talking about how the **** did we lose 5-0.

• Like 3

My question is how on earth despite Jack and Phillips putting themselves forward and both being cool customers did Southgate put a 19 year old who was clearly experiencing a moment far too big for him ahead of them. Frankly embarrassing management and alone is worthy of the sack. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

My question is how on earth despite Jack and Phillips putting themselves forward and both being cool customers did Southgate put a 19 year old who was clearly experiencing a moment far too big for him ahead of them. Frankly embarrassing management and alone is worthy of the sack. 

Basically because Southgate is an idiot. He's lucked his way to the final by being negative and defensive. He's been totally outclassed by Mancini tonight.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pete101 said:

The rice grealish abuse Ireland Is a joke , I'm not gonna say what type as id be banned but if I hear one more Irish person mention 100 of operation, your a disgrace you have not been oppressed a day in your life , my father was his father too but you are spoilt

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6835525/Declan-Rice-forced-apologise-Ra-comments.html 

Hate it when Irish fans mention the IRA 🙃

1 minute ago, Enda said:

Your making a fool of yourself, you have tried to justify abusing jack , as young Irish kid called a plastic paddy born in England I'm not gonna call you a plastic villa fan your just not a villa fan

Â