The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Where was Jack grealish when a 19 year old boy stepped up 

Standing in the centre circle thinking why not me and then I hope he scores, Italy miss and then I’ll shoot England to glory ? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Where was Jack grealish when a 19 year old boy stepped up 

Did you see Jack's face in the huddle when Southgate was trying to talk to him. I think Jackie wouldve took a pen if he could but knob jocky Southgate did what he did.  I think Southgate wouldve cried if Jack had scored the winning penalty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I thought the body language was weird between Southgate and Grealish when the takers were been decided. Few words said. Grealish looked a bit sullen. Either he didn't want to take one, or he was told he wouldn't be in the 5.

So what ?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Jack was 10th, as in last of all the outfield players, in the order. You could see Southgate say it in the he huddle.

**** gross.

I hope Jack uses the experience he's had in the last few weeks as motivation to ram it down people's throats next season. There's not a team in the world too good for Grealish to start, and he has been snubbed again and again. Hopefully he comes back to VP angry, hungry, and shows people what rhwey missed out on. 

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Jack was 10th, as in last of all the outfield players, in the order. You could see Southgate say it in the he huddle.

Fake news. Safegate would have chosen Pickford to take one before the most talented player of our generation!

Since he missed his penalty against Sheffield United two seasons back, Jack has shied away from penalties. That's why Watkins and El Ghazi took them last season. Leads me to believe (without knowing for certain) that Jack probably did not volunteer to take a penalty.

If Jack is to truly be a world class player, he needs to add penalty taking (and free kicks) to his repertoire.  Off-hand can't think of too many attacking greats who don't take them.

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 2

Spot the difference here…

Player comes in, handful of games, player does well, management respond and play him, the rest is history….Argentina win the Copa America

Player comes in, handful of games, player does well, management don’t respond and don’t play him, the rest is history…. England lose Euro 2020.

The only difference is trust and the nous to recognise someone’s ability and know when and how to use it to your advantage.

15-20 mins for Grealish tonight was ridiculous, game was crying out for him after 50 odd minutes. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, smg said:

I think he got some things wrong but no way more than some of your ludicrous assessments of player performance, perhaps it’s time for bed and don’t forget to take off your claret and blue glasses. 

I actually think he's mostly right. Southgate got almost everything wrong tonight.

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Born a Brummie but moved back to Ireland when I was 10, I've always classed myself as Irish but hearing the abuse jack gets in the country , I'm ashamed of my nationality

What kind of abuse?

1 minute ago, burchy said:

Spot the difference here…

Player comes in, handful of games, player does well, management respond and play him, the rest is history….Argentina win the Copa America

Player comes in, handful of games, player does well, management don’t respond and don’t play him, the rest is history…. England lose Euro 2020.

The only difference is trust and the nous to recognise someone’s ability and know when and how to use it to your advantage.

15-20 mins for Grealish tonight was ridiculous, game was crying out for him after 50 odd minutes. 

Italy did the same with Chiesa, albeit that he wasn't responsible for winning them the final.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

It’s so, so, so pathetic how Mason Mount is shoehorned into the team in any position when he’s available. I don’t even mind the bloke, he’s a good player, but he can play badly and always keep his place. 

Grealish agenda aside, any manager takes that squad to the final. You could pick XI from that squad and they’d win most matches. Getting to the final is great, but we haven’t seen much of our best players at all this tournament. Everyone keeps banging on about how great this young team is when most of the great young players are sat on the f***** bench. 

Southgate is Bruce in a waistcoat. He’s beaten one decent team in two tournaments and he’ll be lauded for it. Pathetic. 

Exactly, wingers is Englands strongest position. Playing mount there is criminal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Born a Brummie but moved back to Ireland when I was 10, I've always classed myself as Irish but hearing the abuse jack gets in the country , I'm ashamed of my nationality

We might criticize Jack Grealish but fans at the Aviva would never start kicking a man in the head. Commiserations to England as a whole tonight, but there’s no denying that a significant portion of the fans are scumbags and bring down the reputation of the country.

• Like 3

Â