The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No. Would have increased his commercial worth and City would have been more likely to pay big money for him. So Im glad he has hardly featured.

Bit late for that, he's proven his class and now has the nation singing his name to come on. Also, he will be getting subliminally tapped up by the other players on the team to make a move.  I guess your ideal would be that he didn't even make the squad in the first place?

33 minutes ago, Adman said:

Bit late for that, he's proven his class and now has the nation singing his name to come on. Also, he will be getting subliminally tapped up by the other players on the team to make a move.  I guess your ideal would be that he didn't even make the squad in the first place?

Nah when I say commercial success I mean internationally. That’s what really sells shirts. 

If he didn’t get called up I would have felt for him and been annoyed with Southgate. Plus he might have felt he needed to move to get called up. Beyond that I wouldn’t really care. I don’t support England.

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Why belittle anyone at all just because they have a different view to yours? Says a lot about someone's life experience IMO if they're going to sit at a keyboard and flame others for caring about something they don't care about. Pretty sad actually.

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

That’s fair. But I don’t like it when people are mocked (being called idiots and embarrasing and whatnot) for being Villa fanatical on a Villa message board. Criticise and debate all you want, but it would be nice if we could be…well, nice about it. It shouldn’t be too difficult to empathise with someone for being OTT in their Villa fandom. 

Yeah, fundamentally my problem is that people are channeling that fanaticism into bring nasty about other people though. Gareth Southgate has achieved enough and seems a decent enough human being that he deserves to be discussed with a certain level of respect even if you don't like his football and don't rate him as a manager.

If people aren't willing to give him that then clearly the responses they get aren't going to be very nice either. Being a bit over the top is fine, of course. I'm sure other fans don't think Grealish should be literally the first name on the teamsheet but I think a lot of us do, and that's fine. But the level of personal abuse being dished out to Southgate is unacceptable imo. It's far more than I've seen aimed at any other figure on this forum, and it just looks like blind hatred. Anyone that isn't willing to even slightly moderate their opinion that Southgate is a clueless moron given the results he's delivered is fair game for mockery in my book.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

My Opinion on it for FWIW....Is very simple.

I wanted Jack to play more, in an effort to win more....but we have anyway.

Southgate, rightfully or wrongly has picked his side and landed us in the Finals.

Is there really anything more to add?.....The conspiracy theories are just what they are, we don't know their inner thoughts, but who cares, we are in the Final.

The notion, that we can win better or worse, is for the Birds.....its just Winning.

I'm the same

Went in to it believing that we play shit shit football and if we played jack and we attacked we would stand a great chance of winning 

We still do, we didn't, we largely haven't and yet we still do 

That's good enough for me 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

If Jack had played every game and we'd been knocked out in the quarter finals, would everyone be happy? 

If Jack hadn't played any games we wouldn't have beaten Germany, would that make you happy? 

18 minutes ago, tinker said:

If Jack hadn't played any games we wouldn't have beaten Germany, would that make you happy? 

What a strange question. 

No, of course not. No Jack and England out. Not sure anyone on here would be happy with that.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You don’t know that. 

Well they hadn't created a chance in 60 odd minutes .........then he comes on and all of a sudden they create two , he's heavily involved in both of em. He's the most talented player we have , work ethic ain't that great for England,  strange as its alot better for villa ( a point the man city's of this world should note)

Stage is set, if we're winning then he's not needed, if we aren't then Jack comes on , again,  and maybe just maybe changes  the game (again). It's written in the stars 😉utv and come on England, what a beautiful  time to be an English  Villa fan.

Edited by tinker

5 hours ago, jjaacckk91 said:

[...] Jack Grealish comes on in the 70th minute, nothing much happens for 5 minutes until Grealish finds himself near the halfway line on the left, he brings himself and the ball forward at pace, into the box, cuts inside and is chopped down by veratti for a penalty. 

Italy fans call conspiracy, Kane steps up and makes it 1-1.

With 2 minutes left in the game Jack picks up the ball on the edge of the box, Shaw makes a great outside in run to the byline just inside the box, Grealish fakes the pass, takes the space inside and unleashes a curled effort right into the bottom right corner.

England win 2-1, Grealish gets the back pages, villatalk goes wild.

I believe.

Lovely stuff, but if it's settled by a single goal, I think I'd prefer Grealish to have a brilliant assist rather than scoring the goal himself.  Whoever gets that winner, if it comes, their life will probably go off-the-scale, public spotlight-wise, and with Grealish already having a reputation for being a maverick and possessing plenty of self-confidence (notwithstanding that fact that he seems good at separating his footballing obligations from all the off-the-pitch stuff), he'll have a hard time staying grounded (edit: or being allowed the opportunity to try and stay grounded).

Edited by deck
  • Like 2

Â