Jump to content

Jack Grealish


kevangrealish
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter
14 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm fed up of hearing about Southgate and Grealish and his situation with England, will be glad when the whole thing is over, I dread international breaks for the same reason. Hopefully soon enough the talk of Grealish centres around a new contract.

Agreed. However, I hate the transfer windows for the same reason. Will he/won’t he leave? The sooner the season is underway, the better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If Jack had played every game and we'd been knocked out in the quarter finals, would everyone be happy? 

That's what you call, game, set and match. Unless you're not an England fan, that is.

Edited by sheepyvillian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Thug said:

Of course I want England to win, whether Jack plays or not.

Of course I will have huge respect for Southgate if he pulls off what many before him couldn’t manage.  Even more respect than I have already accumulated for him for even reaching the final.

Jack and Tyrone are in touching distance of winning a medal whilst they’re playing for Villa, which hopefully would be enough to let them believe that they don’t need to move to win something.  I’m absolutely buzzing off the feel good factor surrounding England right now.  
 

However, if someone comes to the Jack Grealish thread on VillaTalk and vents their frustration about him not being picked because the England manager (in their opinion) is setting up the team far too defensively - I don’t think it’s right to start calling them part of a ‘cult’ that wants to ‘rim’ Grealish, and be accused of being stupid.

The argument has drifted and drifted with people getting increasingly offensive and defensive and of course no one is willing to back down.

But essentially this is the argument under all the layers of filler:

“If Southgate wasn’t so defensive, Jack would probably have had a starring role, and we would still be in the final having been more entertaining to watch.”  Or you may believe that without the defensive tactics we may not be in the final at all.

Essentially that is IT. There’s no need to be horrible to one another over any of it - No one wants to ‘rim’ Jack, and I certainly hope that no one wants to ‘rim’ Southgate.

 

Round and round and round we go...

Yet this post sums it all up perfectly 👏

Roll on Monday morning and hopefully a new contract signed soon 🙏 

Up the Jack ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
On 12/07/2010 at 02:27, kevangrealish said:

Yeah thanks again. Like I said to gary. And as someone before has mentioned. My dad is a mad villa fan. He became a fan at a young age after being converted by his mate after being a man utd supporter. He went down the villa at 16 etc. But he was also not in the richest of families. But if was still determined to get there. So without telling his mom and dad. Went to ... Was it rotterdam? Or amsterdam? I forget. But yeh he went there just with a few mates. To watch the villa lift the european cup. Hes been a mad villa fan since. And well... Sent me to my room when I came home and said I was am arsenal fan. Haha. Nah all our family are villa through and through. So theyre isnt much chance of jack moving clubs. My great grandad was a villa legend so lets hope jack can follow. All I can say is I normally ask jack what would you do if man city offered you big money to go there. And hes always like nah I wanna stay at villa. Lol. But as I say fingeres crossed ey?

Kev Grealish 2010.

Going nowhere 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

You're talking about something that happened over a year ago when Southgate probably didn't rate Jack. He's allowed to change his mind and clearly has since calling him up to the squad. 

No, Southgate specifically gave an answer as to why he wasn’t selecting Grealish when just about everyone in media etc was calling for his inclusion…..that answer was that he couldn’t put championship players into the squad as they weren’t proven at the highest level possible. Southgate then went on to call up Leeds Utds championship player Kalvin Phillips whilst continuing not to include what was now the premier league player Jack Grealish. If memory serves me correctly Southgate then went on to cite players such as Sancho, Rashford, Sterling et al, as players in Jack’s position that were ahead of him. Now you could well be correct to say that Southgate didn’t rate Grealish good enough at the time, and that would be fair enough, but he didn’t say that, he gave other answers. To many looking at the situation it seems that Grealish has been held to a higher bar than others, and I would be sympathetic to that thought. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did anyone really not expect us to be in the final given the teams we’ve played to get there. We are at home and haven’t faced one team ranked in side the top 10, we are ranked 4th. Bar the Germany game we have been odds on favourites to win every game. Yes you still have to beat these teams but it would’ve been a massive failure if we hadn’t got to the final imo. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

If Jack had played every game and we'd been knocked out in the quarter finals, would everyone be happy? 

No

If grealish had started every game and England still got to the final, would everyone be happier?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, WHY said:

Did anyone really not expect us to be in the final given the teams we’ve played to get there. We are at home and haven’t faced one team ranked in side the top 10, we are ranked 4th. Bar the Germany game we have been odds on favourites to win every game. Yes you still have to beat these teams but it would’ve been a massive failure if we hadn’t got to the final imo. 

And your point is what France were odds on to beat the Swiss but that didn't happen , nethersland favorite to beat the Czechs that didn't happen it's tournament football that's why England havnt reached a final since 66 doesn't matter how you get there if you win it no body will remember who you played to get there 

Trust me  im irish and I know you played Germany in the final in 66 but don't have a clue who you played  other wise 

Edited by gaffer85
Spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

We'd have still won so this means nothing

OK then. We really are turning into a fan base others will mock. 

If this was Newcastle fans over one of their players, or Leeds fans, we'd be ripping the piss out of them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

No, Southgate specifically gave an answer as to why he wasn’t selecting Grealish when just about everyone in media etc was calling for his inclusion…..that answer was that he couldn’t put championship players into the squad as they weren’t proven at the highest level possible. Southgate then went on to call up Leeds Utds championship player Kalvin Phillips whilst continuing not to include what was now the premier league player Jack Grealish. If memory serves me correctly Southgate then went on to cite players such as Sancho, Rashford, Sterling et al, as players in Jack’s position that were ahead of him. Now you could well be correct to say that Southgate didn’t rate Grealish good enough at the time, and that would be fair enough, but he didn’t say that, he gave other answers. To many looking at the situation it seems that Grealish has been held to a higher bar than others, and I would be sympathetic to that thought. 

But so what if he was 12 to 18 months ago? What ever Southgate felt at that time, is clearly different now. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


When Jack signed his first professional contract he was saying, even before he signed it, that there’s only ever one team for him. His agent was probably having a fit! I think he would only leave under extraordinary circumstances, such as the club need to sell him to survive, which was the case immediately after the Fulham play off final. 
 

He has stood by us through thick and thin as we the fans and club have done by him. Despite what the media want to write to sell clicks or promote whatever spurious agenda they may have, there is little evidence, either practical or logical, to suggest that Jack would leave the club, particularly at possibly the most exciting time in his and our lifetimes. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

If England go onto win which I hope they do because let's face it they are Italy, turn coats of the wars n so on.

This is a myth. In WW1 they fought with the allies because Austro-Hungary had claimed their territory and was threatening them for it. Yes they were originally in a pact with Germany and the Habsburgs but that doesn't make them turncoats they were defending themselves. 

And in the 2nd world war. They just lost. Their capital had fallen. And a "democratic" government had been out in place so of course for the remainder of the war they were on the side of the allies. Mussolini didn't go oh no! We are losing and then declare on Hitler to join the allies. He got brutally executed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

And your point is what France were odds on to beat the Swiss but that didn't happen , nethersland favorite to beat the Czechs that didn't happen it's tournament football that's why England havnt reached a final since 66 doesn't matter how you get there if you win it no body will remember who you played to get there 

Just im irish and I know you played Germany in the final in 66 but don't have a clue who you played  other wise 

That’s why I said you still have to beat them. I’m just pointing out it’s not a massive surprise we have got to the final. Our record in “Home” tournaments is pretty impressive, won 1, semi final of another and now another final. Who knows we might have won another tournament by now had FIFA and UEFA given us more tournaments. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Adman said:

No

If grealish had started every game and England still got to the final, would everyone be happier?

No. Would have increased his commercial worth and City would have been more likely to pay big money for him. So Im glad he has hardly featured.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

First major final in 55 years... "did anyone really not expect it?"

We are a strange species. 

I put £125 on England to win it at the start so I thought we had a good chance. But after the first game I thought that was £125 down the drain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â