The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

53 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Am I misreading this or are you saying you'd rather Villa play good football and not win than win whilst not being entertaining?

Doesn't matter because we are entertaining. As long as it doesn't come at the cost of relegation and therefore potentially destroying the club I'd prefer us to play entertaining football than get European football. But again it doesn't matter because we do play entertaining attacking football. 

But I'm much more pliable with it in regards to villa. I don't feel any particular affinity towards the English national team. Especially since every game we play is boring as hell. It's either against terrible teams with no tension or it is against a competent opponent it's a snoozefest. The one time we actually attacked consistently this tournament it was a 4-0 battering. Maybe if we played like that more consistently. Although 2 goals from set pieces and another the keeper should have saved came down to luck. 

Edited by MotoMkali

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Doesn't matter because we are entertaining. As long as it doesn't come at the cost of relegation and therefore potentially destroying the club I'd prefer us to play entertaining football than get European football. But again it doesn't matter because we do play entertaining attacking football. 

We do when we have the ball....what about the times when we don't, what do you see then.?

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

I will always be Villa First ,England second......but it doesn't stop me rooting for England to win, I will be delighted, if we pull it off.

but no recriminations from me if we lose, they have all acted admirably.

Come on, England.

If we win, all the players should be knighted, not the manager, if we lose I want the manager hung, drawn and quartered.

200 (1).gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I don't feel any particular affinity towards the English national team. Especially since every game we play is boring as hell. It's either against terrible teams with no tension or it is against a competent opponent it's a snoozefest. The one time we actually attacked consistently this tournament it was a 4-0 battering. Maybe if we played like that more consistently. Although 2 goals from set pieces and another the keeper should have saved came down to luck. 

You definitely sound about 20 years old which isnt a crime obviously but does explain your posts.

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There's no doubt Southgate is doing a job, but I still believe he is holding the team back.

I agree. With a competent manager England would be in the European Championship final having conceded just one goal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

The most Brummy gif of all time.

I've got a sneaky feeling Jack will start on Sunday.  Maybe I'm just imagining the hilarious **** of people's minds it would cause in here.

OUW MUOOOUY GUD

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

If we win, all the players should be knighted, not the manager, if we lose I want the manager hung, drawn and quartered.

200 (1).gif

At full time on the pitch or after a ceremony at Buckingham Palace? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

There's no doubt Southgate is doing a job, but I still believe he is holding the team back.

It's an interesting conundrum. He is clearly adept at getting his teams to advance deep into tournaments. So by that measure, he is doing quite the opposite of holding the team back. 

Stylistically however, yes, the argument can be made that he's handcuffed the most creative group of players England have ever had. 

But ultimately what is more important, results, or artfulness? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

You definitely sound about 20 years old which isnt a crime obviously but does explain your posts.

I agree. With a competent manager England would be in the European Championship final having conceded just one goal.

Sarcastic Joke GIF

Sorry for the comment Mrs Southgate!

• Haha 1

Southgate said something about needing to keep the ball higher up the pitch or something against Italy or something after the denmark game. Or did he? Don't know. But it might mean that grealish is staring.👍

14 minutes ago, Adman said:

Southgate said something about needing to keep the ball higher up the pitch or something against Italy or something after the denmark game. Or did he? Don't know. But it might mean that grealish is staring.👍

There's more chance of Southgate getting on all fours and letting Jack ride him in a race across the pitch against that little VW car then there is of Jack starting.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

It's an interesting conundrum. He is clearly adept at getting his teams to advance deep into tournaments. So by that measure, he is doing quite the opposite of holding the team back. 

Stylistically however, yes, the argument can be made that he's handcuffed the most creative group of players England have ever had. 

Artfulness

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

It's a bit of fear to roll the dice a little and remove one holding midfielder or defender in place of an attacker. Fear of the past perhaps! But if we can actually bring football home on Sunday it might give Southgate confidence to play a little less safe in future and embrace the talent that we have. But honestly, if we can win on Sunday the history books won't care about style or tactics or how we got to the final, it will be a simple one liner...

Euro 2020 Winners:...... 

I won't write it though!! 

• Like 2

Â