The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If Kane had not messed up that pass in injury time that Jack laid on a plate for him I think he would be starting on Sunday.  As is I think he will be first sub again.

I was fuming about that. Didn't care that it was Grealish, but why the hell was Kane going for that shot whilst running away from goal with a player lined up to hit it first time behind him?

4 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I was fuming about that. Didn't care that it was Grealish, but why the hell was Kane going for that shot whilst running away from goal with a player lined up to hit it first time behind him?

Nah not the shot that Grealish lined up where Kane took it off him.  The 93rd minute when Jack beats his man and fizzes one into Kane but he could not angle his foot to score and came off his heel.

8 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Nah not the shot that Grealish lined up where Kane took it off him.  The 93rd minute when Jack beats his man and fizzes one into Kane but he could not angle his foot to score and came off his heel.

It was such a poor attempt 

After the initial disappointment of Jack not getting more minutes during the tournament I think I am at peace with this now. Jack is still getting to play most games and contribute and he is limiting his minutes given that he has just recovered from injury. In some ways he doesn’t fit the Southgate Plan A system but he has proven to be a good game changer / super sub. If he comes on and scores in the final then it will be perfect.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Probably a SHA fan ringing up pretending to be Villa tbf.  Seems to be one of their main sources of amusement.  

take a look at the match thread...there were several posts echoing the thoughts of this guy

31 minutes ago, John said:

Lets hope that he gives him some minutes in the final. Jack hitting the winner would be so sweet!

The only way Jack doesn't get on is if we are comfortably winning. And I can't see that happening.

• Like 2

I honestly think Southgate picks him begrudgingly - to not pick him at all would create a "pick Grealish" movement.  Southgate gives him just enough time to keep that under control.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Terry supports the Villa now

Definitely think there will now be a huge affinity for him, having played with us then moved into coaching team, overseeing promotion, relegation survival, last seasons progression and this seasons title push.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I honestly think Southgate picks him begrudgingly - to not pick him at all would create a "pick Grealish" movement.  Southgate gives him just enough time to keep that under control.

Sterling is keeping him out on merit, not reputation.

Some people seem to go on why Mount and Saka is playing ahead of Grealish but he isn't competing with either of those for those positions.

Grealish is competing with Sterling and Rashford for the LWF position.

21 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The only way Jack doesn't get on is if we are comfortably winning. And I can't see that happening.

He's got little chance if it's 1-0 or 2-1 England as well I would say.

• Like 2

You guys are crazy. 

I hope Jack gets to wear a European Winners medal Sunday night. I'll be a tad gutted if he doesn't get to play a part in the final but if he doesn't so what. He comes back to Villa park with Tyrone as Euro 2020 winners. 

I hope he comes on or starts and scores the winner but IDGAF if that doesn't happen as long as we win. 

• Like 1

Â