The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

The clip I’ve heard is Southgate saying it was between Foden and Grealish to come off. He doesn’t elaborate any further than that, and isn’t pushed to give any further explanation. Some might have looked towards Mings to come on as part of 3 at the back, and put Kyle Walker to RB with Shaw at LB. It could easily be argued that Mings brought more physicality to the backline. Look, the end justifies the means for most people, and I get that. But don’t you question, even slightly, why it’s always Jack, where Southgate is concerned? 

I question some of Southgate's tactical decisions but there is no part of me that thinks Southgate has decided to target Jack Grealish. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No because football is luck. If we dominated the game then maybe I'd consider myself wrong. But we are sturdy enough that a good team will struggle to break us down even if they dominate the ball. Football is entertainment that is where all the money comes from, I'm very disappointed with how we play because it isn't entertaining. I'm even more disappointed at how Southgate treats Jack, and the double standard he requires of jack compared to everyone else. 

How old are you, for context?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Listen, the end justifies the means for you. That’s fine. Some ppl are minded to look where others don’t. That’s also fine. Doesn’t make them warped. There’s a certain amount of narcissism in that type of thinking. 

You could say the same about people who don't think we landed on the moon or that Covid is a hoax. 

It doesn't justify having a crazy opinion and not having it questioned. 

Just now, Awol said:

Whether he’s said it or not, that seems to be the justification floating around the interweb for Jack getting yeeted.

Sorry, it seemed like your post was Southgate specific and that you were accusing him of gaslighting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think we should have killed the game off rather than going to 5 at the back

England literally did kill off the game. It doesnt matter how good a team is, if you cant get the ball then you cant score. Man City do it in the final minutes, Italy have been doing it this tournament. It's what good teams do.

This England team is a good team, that's why they are in the final. People can say what they like about Southgate and the team but those final few minutes were expertly dealt with. This just proves that some people cannot be satisfied.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Guys, because of all the Southgate/England debate dominating this thread, I think we're missing out on some really clear signs that Grealish may have actually signed a new contract.

Where?

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You could say the same about people who don't think we landed on the moon or that Covid is a hoax. 

It doesn't justify having a crazy opinion and not having it questioned. 

We didn’t land on the moon, no. 👍

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:
23 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

You could say the same about people who don't think we landed on the moon or that Covid is a hoax

Of course we landed on the moon, where do you think the Covid came from??

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This will take you a minute and even a toddler could easily comprehend it. 

Look at this **** psycho. His dead eyes as he lies so openly. And the idea that Jack was ok with it is sickening. Dean Smith might have to bring in a team of therapists to get this lad back. Forget the set piece coach. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yeah that's fair enough and we're in the final so he's right. No matter what you think about how we got there, he's got us to our first final since 1966.

That said, I personally think playing a 4-2-3-1 with Mount in the number 10 role against Italy will see us lose. I know we haven't conceded many but I think the Italians will fancy a go at Pickford, and will know how to find space between Phillips, Rice, Maguire and Stones. Especially as Southgate seems to like to tell Rice and Phillips to split really wide for some reason and not stay compact to kill that space in front of the two central defenders. Italy suffered massively against Spain, no matter what Mancini tried to do he could not get his team to get to grips with their formation and he admitted that Spain completely stopped Italy from playing their game. We have the players to play a great 4-1-4-1 and Kane up top loves to come deep, Chiellini and Bonucci both said Spain's formation with no real focal point up top gave them a massive headache, Bonucci said it was the hardest game he's played as a central defender (he's played in CL finals). 

Jack Grealish is perfect for it, as is Foden IMO. Spain had Olmo and Pedri, we have players as technically gifted as them but Southgate starts them on the bench. I'd do this and build a team around Jack:

-------------------------- Pickford -----------------------

Walker ----- Maguire --- Stones ------ Shaw

-------------------------- Phillips -----------------------

Saka ------- Foden ---- Grealish --- Sterling

-------------------------- Kane ---------------------------

Then I'd be looking to play one and two touch as much as possible to quickly get it into the feet of Saka/Foden/Grealish/Sterling. No way Southgate will do that though and I have a feeling the final will be attritional rather than attractive!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Lovely clip 👍 Which part of it does Gareth explain specifically why the end decision to sub jack off was made? I understand tactically why an attacker would be sacrificed, I’ve just been asking why Jack? Still haven’t gotten any reasonable explanation. 👍

17 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Where?

Firstly there was..

image.thumb.png.a3f7bd4abfe9cf4c5446061c

Then there was...

Then...

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere. 

A couple of Independant sources have now stated they believe Grealish is saying. 

Collymore (cryptically) send a photo of Jack signing a contract after spending the match with Jack's dad and encouraged to "ask the question". 

Ashley Preece (Birmingham mail) said on the live stream yesterday sources around Jack say he's staying. 

Southgate being blind has helped us here. If he started every game I genuinely believe he'd be player of the tournament. With his injury and questions over this summer it's highly unlikely anyone will spend 100mill. 

20210708_103039.jpg

20210708_103208.jpg

Â