Jump to content

Jack Grealish


kevangrealish
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, birdman said:

Kane spent half the match in midfield last night and feck knows how he ended up with MOTM! He was good but seems to have this free role where he just floats around where he likes.

Once again Jack found it difficult to get any flow to his game last night but that's the trouble with being an impact sub. It was very stop start when he came on, he wasn't getting that much of the ball either and on a few occasions others just weren't on his wavelength. He did have an impact though to his credit. Might have scored too had Kane let the ball run to him instead of shooting himself from a more difficult position! 

I lost count the amount of time he had had hands in the air asking for the ball. 
 

Kane should have left it for him, Phillips should have passed it and the actual shot he did have he should have been better with it.

I get the running behind stuff with Sterling and he had a great game but just can’t get past if you give Grealish as much of the ball in the same positions he does more. 

Saka had a good first game, poor second and then was very nervy last night, by the time he went off he looked to have just woken up. He again however is in the team for his ability to run behind. 

Edited by Nicho
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still think either Sterling or Kane should have gone off instead of Grealish. Still don't agree with the Trippier decision, even if they had that many forwards on, we still have a back four plus two DMs. We were noticeably more penned in to our box as soon as that happened, even the commentator said we had gone 10 yards more the defensive.

I was screaming for Sancho to come on in place of maybe Kane or Sterling. Felt Kane played terrible, looked like his legs were shot, half the time wasn't even in the box.

Southgate didn't react to the tired legs of Denmark imo, fair enough we got the win, but I still feel he is an incredibly limited manager. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I lost count the amount of time he had had hands in the air asking for the ball. 
 

Kane should have left it for him, Phillips should have passed it and the actual shot he did have he should have been better with it.

I get the running behind stuff with Sterling and he had a great game but just can’t get past if you give Grealish as much of the ball in the same positions he does more. 

Saka had a good first game, poor second and then was very nervy last night, by the time he went off he looked to have just woken up. He again however is in the team for his ability to run behind. 

Yes thought Saka was very good and Sterling superb albeit too greedy at times.

I honestly think Jack is more effective starting the game and going off on 60mins rather than as an impact sub. Its a truly shite way of using his abilities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Once we scored they put four up top, so Gareth had a decision to make cos he wanted the extra defender on.

The final result shows he made the right call in taking an offensive player off.  Should it have been Jack, I’m not so sure but hey ho.

Ultimately, we love him and he knows it. 

I’ve mentioned earlier in the tournament that as long as England win then Big nose is beyond reproach. But what shouldn’t be beyond questioning is, why Jack? Why not Sterling, Foden, Kane? Most managers sacrifice their CF when wanting to defend a lead and run down the clock. It’s a bit like when Big Nose cited only playing in the championship as the reason he wasn’t selecting Grealish……before selecting Kalvin Phillips whilst in the championship and not selecting Grealish whilst now playing premier league. Look, it’s clear to anyone who wishes to look that Southgate has a problem with Jack Grealish, whether that be personal or professional, he’s said/done too many things that have been contradictory, at best. But he’s getting away with it. Southgate humiliated Grealish last night, and he knows it. He’s making it abundantly clear, “there’s something you can’t do (defend) and I don’t trust you”. I’m not sure this won’t hugely affect Jack’s confidence and state of mind, he’s just been humiliated in front of a nation wide audience in the most important football match in years. Who wouldn’t be affected by that? But as I said at the start of this, at the moment big nose is beyond reproach because of results, in what is another very favourable draw and run of games, not to mention slices of good fortune. I remain convinced that upon meeting a team of any note England will fall short under Southgate. Dean Smith will have a big job on his hands getting Jack back up and firing for next season. Grealish with England has been like handing your baby over to your brother to hold and watching him drop it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is the Euro thread?

No. That would go more like this.

The euro (symbol: €; code: EUR) is the official currency of 19 of the 27 member states of the European Union. This group of states is known as the eurozone or euro area and includes about 343 million citizens as of 2019. The euro, which is divided into 100 cents, is the second-largest and second-most traded currency in the foreign exchange market after the United States dollar.

The currency is also used officially by the institutions of the European Union, by four European microstates that are not EU members, the British Overseas Territory of Akrotiri and Dhekelia, as well as unilaterally by Montenegro and Kosovo. Outside Europe, a number of special territories of EU members also use the euro as their currency. Additionally, over 200 million people worldwide use currencies pegged to the euro.

The euro is the second-largest reserve currency as well as the second-most traded currency in the world after the United States dollar.As of December 2019, with more than €1.3 trillion in circulation, the euro has one of the highest combined values of banknotes and coins in circulation in the world.

Edited by sparrow1988
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Jack needs to be more selfish. Hes too nice, thats why hes the fall guy. When he has an opportunity to shoot he should shoot instead of passing it to Sterling or Kane. They wouldn't do the same. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kane is England’s captain, penalty taker and best player. He was never coming off. I’m also really surprised people think he played badly, but hey ho. 

If you’re going to 5 at the back, it’s Grealish or Foden coming off. Nothing else makes sense. Foden had played even less than Jack.

I’d have kept Jack on - but can’t argue with Southgate. The Danes barely had a sniff in ET.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
Posted (edited)

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere. 

A couple of Independant sources have now stated they believe Grealish is saying. 

Collymore (cryptically) send a photo of Jack signing a contract after spending the match with Jack's dad and encouraged to "ask the question". 

Ashley Preece (Birmingham mail) said on the live stream yesterday sources around Jack say he's staying. 

Southgate being blind has helped us here. If he started every game I genuinely believe he'd be player of the tournament. With his injury and questions over this summer it's highly unlikely anyone will spend 100mill. 

 

20210708_103039.jpg

20210708_103208.jpg

Edited by pas5898
Grammar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Jack needs to be more selfish. Hes too nice, thats why hes the fall guy. When he has an opportunity to shoot he should shoot instead of passing it to Sterling or Kane. They wouldn't do the same. 

I actually think he tries to do too much when he first comes on. When he settles into the game and starts playing like he does for Villa, he’s class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, pas5898 said:

I genuinely believe Southgate being blind has helped us here. If he started every game I genuinely believe he'd be player of the tournament. With his injury and questions over this summer it's highly unlikely anyone will spend 100mill. 

Spot on. Not becoming a commercial success during the Euro’s has helped our cause. Thanks Gareth. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere. 

A couple of Independant sources have now stated they believe Grealish is saying. 

Collymore (cryptically) send a photo of Jack signing a contract after spending the match with Jack's dad and encouraged to "ask the question". 

Ashley Preece (Birmingham mail) said on the live stream yesterday sources around Jack say he's staying. 

I genuinely believe Southgate being blind has helped us here. If he started every game I genuinely believe he'd be player of the tournament. With his injury and questions over this summer it's highly unlikely anyone will spend 100mill. 

20210708_103039.jpg

I've got some bad news. A poster on Blue Moon forum posted this:

According to my a mate who follows villa and knows someone there. This deal is basically done and will be completed within 1-2 weeks after Euros. Just passing on the info take it with a grain of salt if so be just found it interesting

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bit harsh to take off Jack but I understand why he did it. In terms of minutes played Sterling would be the obvious choice but he was having a great game to be fair. 

True Sterling didn't look tired at all in extra time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

This is absolutely true... but I find it equally rude and demeaning , that we 'neutrals' aren't allowed to voice our opinion... when it doesn't conform with the majority view.

Your opinion is that England winning isn't as important as Jack being on the pitch and England playing attractive football that will entertain you as a neutral.

So were you standing arm-in-arm with rabid Samatta fans saying that it was rude and demeaning that Villa fans wouldn't allow them to voice their opinion that him being on the pitch was more important than Villa scoring points and staying in the Premier League? (and, obviously, they were allowed to express their opinion - we just ridiculed them because their opinion was ridiculous)

Why are the two situations any different?

Edited by Panto_Villan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I’ve mentioned earlier in the tournament that as long as England win then Big nose is beyond reproach. But what shouldn’t be beyond questioning is, why Jack? Why not Sterling, Foden, Kane? Most managers sacrifice their CF when wanting to defend a lead and run down the clock. It’s a bit like when Big Nose cited only playing in the championship as the reason he wasn’t selecting Grealish……before selecting Kalvin Phillips whilst in the championship and not selecting Grealish whilst now playing premier league. Look, it’s clear to anyone who wishes to look that Southgate has a problem with Jack Grealish, whether that be personal or professional, he’s said/done too many things that have been contradictory, at best. But he’s getting away with it. Southgate humiliated Grealish last night, and he knows it. He’s making it abundantly clear, “there’s something you can’t do (defend) and I don’t trust you”. I’m not sure this won’t hugely affect Jack’s confidence and state of mind, he’s just been humiliated in front of a nation wide audience in the most important football match in years. Who wouldn’t be affected by that? But as I said at the start of this, at the moment big nose is beyond reproach because of results, in what is another very favourable draw and run of games, not to mention slices of good fortune. I remain convinced that upon meeting a team of any note England will fall short under Southgate. Dean Smith will have a big job on his hands getting Jack back up and firing for next season. Grealish with England has been like handing your baby over to your brother to hold and watching him drop it. 

I absolutely agree with the bulk of what you have written but I don't agree that this will affect Jack's confidence.  I believe, and hope, that this will just spur Jack on even more (as long as he's in C&B of course) to prove that Safegate is just plain wrong.  I am also hoping that Jack will realise that VP is the perfect place for him to do this as well, especially with the ongoing investment under NSWE. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand why he took off Grealish, and didn’t really have a problem with it. He was never going to take Stirling off since his running caused them problems (even though he does lose the ball too many times when he tries to run through defenders instead of past them), plus he’d just won us a penalty.

It was either Jack or Foden, and since Jack is slightly more of an injury risk, he just edged it. Better to ensure he’s fit for the final, as he’ll no doubt be needed more than Foden will.

No chance was Kane going to come off with the potential for a penalty shootout. I don’t know how good Jack is at penalties, but I’m fairly sure he doesn’t take any for us, does he? He’s probably fairly far down the order in that regard.

Not sure why so many here have a problem with the decision, to be honest. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see the reaction has continued today.

I understand people want Jack to do well for England, I understand that they want him to play every game and have a key role. But there are some incredibly deluded perspectives on here. England isnt the Jack Grealish show, he doesnt have a divine right to be picked. There are players in the squad who havent played a minute. Do you have your violins out for them too? Southgate's job isnt to appease Jack Grealish, its to win football matches. Something he is doing better than every England manager in history.

I wonder whether the people saying England are playing dull, defensive football are even watching the games. There is nothing dull about their play at all and its also very effective. His squad management has also been first class. There's a reason every teams seems knackered late in games whereas England do not. If you couldnt see how expertly England ran out the clock last night then you don't understand the game. Let's be honest, what people are really doing is taking any shot they can at Southgate because poor Jack isnt playing every minute. He's days away from potentially the best moment of his career. You should be happy for him, not remaining bitter and talking about agendas.

The bottom line is this, the only England fans whining about Jack today are Villa fans. Everyone else is celebrating, including him.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Your opinion is that England winning isn't as important as Jack being on the pitch and England playing attractive football that will entertain you as a neutral.

So were you standing arm-in-arm with rabid Samatta fans saying that it was rude and demeaning that Villa fans wouldn't allow them to voice their opinion that him being on the pitch was more important than Villa scoring points and staying in the Premier League?

Why are they any different?

Why should I care about England winning? I'm Finnish ffs. I absolutely wanna be entertained watching football. Poor me.

I have zero idea what you're referring to with Samatta fans. Have I expressed an opinion on the matter?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I understand why he took off Grealish, and didn’t really have a problem with it. He was never going to take Stirling off since his running caused them problems (even though he does lose the ball too many times when he tries to run through defenders instead of past them), plus he’d just won us a penalty.

It was either Jack or Foden, and since Jack is slightly more of an injury risk, he just edged it. Better to ensure he’s fit for the final, as he’ll no doubt be needed more than Foden will.

No chance was Kane going to come off with the potential for a penalty shootout. I don’t know how good Jack is at penalties, but I’m fairly sure he doesn’t take any for us, does he? He’s probably fairly far down the order in that regard.

Not sure why so many here have a problem with the decision, to be honest. 

Correct my if I’m wrong, but England were 2-1 ahead, having just controlled the first half of extra time. Denmark were essentially down to 10 men. To leave Kane on because he’s a good penalty taker (not backed up by his effort minutes earlier) would mean we’d have had to have conceded an equaliser…….which would have been catastrophically poor play given the above mentioned circumstances. I’m sorry, but however anyone wishes to dress this up it’s a personal choice against jack Grealish. 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â