The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

So perfect game management then? I'm glad we're in agreement. Maybe Southgate should have felt sorry for the Danes and let them have some of the ball, give them a chance. That's what to do in a major tournament semi-final with 10 minutes to go 👍

How was he to know they were going to miss a player for the last 15. What's more for the first 10 minutes of extra time they dominated. The only reason we looked comfortable is because I the end they couldn't press.

There's a difference between getting a result and being correct. And people like Southgate and Steve Bruce are the living embodiments of that. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

In the 2 easiest paths to the finals in history. The only easier ones were Croatia in 2018 and Portugal in 2016.

You're genuinely embarrassing yourself now 🤦‍♂️

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

In the 2 easiest paths to the finals in history. The only easier ones were Croatia in 2018 and Portugal in 2016.

Meh. This line is pretty silly IMO. You know who Denmark beat to get to this semi-final? Wales and the Czech Republic. Which is easier than Germany and Ukraine, because Germany.

If Denmark had beaten us, would they all be sat round on DanishTalk saying how it didn't really count somehow because the fixtures were easier?

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Meh. This line is pretty silly IMO. You know who Denmark beat to get to this semi-final? Wales and the Czech Republic. Which is easier than Germany and Ukraine, because Germany.

If Denmark had beaten us, would they all be sat round on DanishTalk saying how it didn't really count somehow because the fixtures were easier?

They'd be saying they had a lucky route.

Whilst getting to the finals is an accomplishment. Had we played any team with both a good squad and a competent manager ala Spain, Italy, Belgium, and Arguably Portugal and France we'd be talking about how the finals were completely different.

Vindication isn't earned through results, it's earned through respect and performance. As soon as a Premier league club tries to poach Southgate maybe ill think he was semi-competent. Until that day though, I will think he got handed the most talented squad in the world, had the easiest routes to the finals, whilst all the other top teams were historically bad and he still bottles it. 

Edited by MotoMkali

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Whilst getting to the finals is an accomplishment. Had we played any team with both a good squad and a competent manager ala Spain, Italy, Belgium, and Arguably Portugal and France we'd be talking about how the finals were completely different.

Vindication isn't earned through results, it's earned through respect and performance. As soon as a Premier league club tries to poach Southgate maybe ill think he was semi-competent. Until that day though, I will think he got handed the most talented squad in the world, had the easiest routes to the finals, whilst all the other top teams were historically bad and he still bottles it. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

George Costanza Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

26 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

e48.gif

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Foden never featured at all, in 2 - 3 games before tonight, when Jack has, contemptuous?

No set a different standard for Jack than he had for everyone else. Foden has been poor for England. He was justified in not playing him. 

Here's a question for you:

If Jack had a poor season this season because DS decided to focus more on defense than attack - completely stifling his game - but we ended up in the top 6....

... would we be happy or not?

32 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Here's a question for you:

If Jack had a poor season this season because DS decided to focus more on defense than attack - completely stifling his game - but we ended up in the top 6....

... would we be happy or not?

I'd be unhappy. Boring football is boring football. It's entertainment and that is what should come first

3 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

First final for 55 years, cheer up you miserable ****

That song is everything that's wrong with music summed up in 190 seconds.

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

The same Portugal side that Germany put 4 past? , Wait, England beat Germany.....

• Like 1

I thought it was weird that he subbed Jack back off, but it still fits in with the idea that he's worried about Jack's fitness and would rather save him for when we need to attack. I personally would have left him on to possess the ball and draw fouls to eat up the time, but obviously Southgate wants something different in his press.

He's now been brought on twice in a row as the first substitute after 60 odd minutes when we needed a goal. It's clear that Southgate values his creative ability very highly. I assume he'll run with the same starting XI against Italy in the final, but as I see it, the only way Jack doesn't come on is if England are winning.

• Like 4

Â