The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You don't go 5 at the back for starters. If Denmark weren't already shattered by the 60th minute they'd have punished that chickenshit move.

I didn't agree with the decision. But if you are choosing to do that, Jack was really the only option to take off. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

This is pretty shameless, obvious trolling, and it doesn't even make sense either because Grealish is great at winning freekicks and holding onto the ball.

Not saying it was right or wrong just how i think Gareth view Jack and he clearly has defensive issues with him.

Was nothing personal, pure tactical.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

But but but villatalk said there's no agenda. Lol. 

You seriously think Gareth Southgate was thinking about an agenda during an England Semi final. 

An agenda against the bloke he's brought on above all the other talented players, the last two times it was close and we needed to win. 

People are turning insane. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, romavillan said:

No he wasn't booked that was my only explanation, to stop him being banned from the final if on a yellow. Though I hadn't seen a card. Doesn't look good for Jack in the final then does it?

cards were wiped from this round as well

• Like 1

I've no issue with it and would have done the same thing. The reason this England team is successful is they may decisions to benefit the team and not the individual. 

Southgate wanted another defender.

Sterling was on fire. 

Grealish hasn't really taken his chance, it was him or foden.

The way we played that second half, his decision was completely vindicated. 

I just hope it doesn't get turned into a big deal, were in the final, that's all that matters. What a team.

2 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

It was game management, fine, and it did the job, but it was awful man management. Southgate has seen how Jack reacts to being subbed for Villa: this won’t do anything for his confidence while playing in that shirt.

But to be fair, Southgate's job is to win the tournament not keep Jack Grealish happy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Jack will either take his experience from tbis tournament by becoming s shadow of himself, low on cobfidence OR absolutely rip the premier league a new arsehole. Im confident it will be the latter.

I don't how old you are. But I remember Tony Morley I think not selected for World Cup in 82. He later admitted he was so angry he trained all through summer and burnt himself out. He was never really the same player again 

40 years ago - methods have moved on. But I always think that decision destroyed Tony Morley.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Lol England were by the far the better team - who cares how they scored their goals. Denmark scored a free kick from 30 yards and what.

Yea, bad man management. Jack looks like an idiot. But end of the day Southgate doesn’t care - results justify the means. 

Which I don't think was a freekick either!

Just now, Keyblade said:

Yeah I don't disagree with that. Though I'd still have taken Sterling off for man management purposes. He did the job, won the penalty. Won't sub off a guy I just subbed on when I don't need to. Also if anyone can keep the ball up-field it's Jack. Or if anyone can exploit the spaces left behind when Denmark inevitably push forward, it's also Jack. It's not like Sterling was Messi and untouchable. Still a dick move imo.

I thought Sterling was very good and his pace is a huge advantage when you've decided to just sit back. 

I should be sat here celebrating the fact England have got to a major final for the 1st time in my life. 

Instead, I'm sat here fuming at how much disrespect an average, at best, manager has shown one of the best players at his disposal because he has his 'favourites'. 

I never expected Jack to start every game, but the buzz that him coming on brings was evident. Southgate had shown tonight that it is something long standing personally, as Jack didn't look happy at full-time. 

I am and always be club over country, and that has gutted me tonight because Jack had worked his socks off the last 3 seasons and deserves more respect. 

• Like 3

What is with Fodens hair.

It's taking time for Southgate to use Grealish, it's annoying. 20 minutes is not long enough to affect a game properly although he did abit.

Â