The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes I was shocked by the sub but Jack shouldn't feel humiliated as it wasn't a reflection on his performance, he was just seeing out the game. 

Lol.

He is more of a liability after being on the pitch for half the amount of time than the others?

And he should be humiliated?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Giving someone a "fair crack of the whip" has nothing to do with it. Southgate is making decisions to win games, not to appease a fanbase. And lo and behold, he's just got England to their second ever final.

Villa fans really to stop sulking and accept this. England ran out the clock masterfully then.

It’s not just villa fans,but fair dues Southgate has done it with the best squad In the tournament for a nation with a population of 58 million getting to a final in a major tournament should be the bare minimum, on the positive side I’m glad Jack isn’t being overused and will be back fit for us come start of the season 

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Denmark had England on the back foot after Jack went off. Running the ball into the corner and winning cheap throws is desperate stuff.

Yeah passing the ball around for minutes, not letting the opponent anywhere near the ball, having the crowd shouting olés is the definition of "desperate stuff" 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Sterling was brilliant and his pace was vital if we were choosing to sit back and defend.

He was a ball greedy word removed.

If he actually passed the ball to someone in a better position, we could have scored 4!!!

• Like 4

He has to take it on the chin as no doubt if it's close after an hour on Sunday Southgate will need Jack to come on again.  Even though he was largely ignored he put one on a plate for Kane in stoppage time and had that shot, he will provide some crucial moment if given the chance.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He wanted to go 5 at the back. To be fair, who else do you take off? 

This! I'm frustrated as hell. I'm not English and I want England to win mainly because of Villa. And yes, it was harsh. But I don't think it was really that "disrespectful". And I don't honestly think the rest of the world sees it as embarrassing. GS uses Grealish as offensive spark plug and that's his (important) role in this team. In this situation that role was not needed. He wanted to go to back five and in that formation he didn't see there was place for  Grealish. Harsh for Jack but is it really that bad? Here the commentator saw it as strategic move and not as a personal humiliation.

• Like 1

Just now, DJ_Villain said:

If he actually passed the ball to someone in a better position, we could have scored 4!!!

Maybe. He was still excellent and a major reason we are in a final. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

It’s not just villa fans,but fair dues Southgate has done it with the best squad In the tournament for a nation with a population of 58 million getting to a final in a major tournament should be the bare minimum, on the positive side I’m glad Jack isn’t being overused and will be back fit for us come start of the season 

Jack will either take his experience from tbis tournament by becoming s shadow of himself, low on cobfidence OR absolutely rip the premier league a new arsehole. Im confident it will be the latter.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Southgate uses him like an NFL special teams. Bring him on if you need a goal. Once the goal was scored brought him off again for another defender. 

Not my style but England are in a tournament final for the first time since 1966. 

And to be fair, proceeded to run the ball into the corner for 15 minutes!  I've never seen anything like it.

It's funny, but when I seen Trippier was about to come on, for some reason Grealish came into my head as the player he would take off. Hindsight has given Southgate the benefit of the doubt. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He wanted to go 5 at the back. To be fair, who else do you take off? 

You don't go 5 at the back for starters. If Denmark weren't already shattered by the 60th minute they'd have punished that chickenshit move.

5 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

He is greedy BUT has so much output can get away with it! 

1 minute ago, bojong said:

This! I'm frustrated as hell. I'm not English and I want England to win mainly because of Villa. And yes, it was harsh. But I don't think it was really that "disrespectful". And I don't honestly think the rest of the world sees it as embarrassing. GS uses Grealish as offensive spark plug and that's his (important) role in this team. In this situation that role was not needed. He wanted to go to back five and in that formation he didn't see there was place for  Grealish. Harsh for Jack but is it really that bad? Here the commentator saw it as strategic move and not as a personal humiliation.

Being subbed as a sub is the ultimate humiliation within the game. Anyone who has played the game at a decent level will tell you that 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's funny, but when I seen Trippier was about to come on, for some reason Grealish came into my head as the player he would take off. Hindsight has given Southgate the benefit of the doubt. 

Before even extra-time I said out loud that if we went 2-1 up he'd take off Grealish and bring on a defender. It's just who he is - ultra defensive and a harbourer of petty grudges too.

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Courtesy of a ridiculous dive and an own goal, despite having majority of posession.

Lol England were by the far the better team - who cares how they scored their goals. Denmark scored a free kick from 30 yards and what.

Yea, bad man management. Jack looks like an idiot. But end of the day Southgate doesn’t care - results justify the means. 

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Wasn't an injury. The other coaching staff were giving Jack instructions right before he was subbed.

In which case I really feel for him. Strategic or not, it just seems out of order.

Â