The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

27 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Pep said a longtime ago that he would have Jack under him in a heartbeat. He then said the one problem is that no one will ever be able to offer Aston Villa enough money to cover his loss because he's just worth to much to the club.

Pep is absolutely right as well, we have a player who's value far exceeds that of money, money is worth nothing compared to what Jack does, what he's capable of and what he brings to a team.

Jack is at Villa for Life and wouldn't it be great if that was the case and somewhere along the line he were even Coach of Villa. I believe that he knows how much he's been held back by the likes of Southgate that he would know which talent to look for and he'd never pull those kind of stunt if he were the man in charge. He would be a great Coach because he's been through the industry's rough times, pushed through and knocked the walls down and is continuing to do so. You usually find those that have been through lessons and learned from them that they are good teachers Inthe end because they have had the experience of bad times.

He's a great player and someday I think will be a great teacher.

No Way Omg GIF by VTM.be

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, John said:

I like Jack very much as a football player, but I can't see him being able to or wanting to get through teacher's training in his late 30s:D

image.jpeg.2a7e94cd209a57de2d479715e62f6ef9.jpeg

Slightly off topic but that's one of my favourite films of all time.

Back on topic, Jack is cool, I like him a lot.

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

The way you transition from off to on topic is seamless. Poetry in motion.

• Haha 1

The proposed team fails to feature Jack yet again. I guess he will only get some game time if the team is struggling to break through the Danes and need a goal. 

Jack would get into any other nation's team with his talent. It must be so frustrating for the lad.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, John said:

Agree 110%. Southgate has been fortunate to date, because the players that he has picked have got the results, that have kept the flak off him. It is unbelievable that Jack has not started a game and didn't even get a few minutes off the bench with the last game already won. I suspect that the only minutes Jack might get, is if we are behind with the minutes ticking away. I hope I'm wrong but his omissions look increasingly personal, rather than tactical.   

It's not personal. It's Southgates style and preferred system. Its unfortunate for Jack and all of us who want to see him play but if we go on to win the tournament its all justified isn't it.

England havent been really tested yet in my opinion and so I think this is where Jack can play his part. I would be surprised if Denmark or Italy didn't give England a really tough game and perhaps these games will truly be the acid test of Southgates tactics. That's not taking anything away from what the manager and players have achieved so far though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's interesting that we all (me included) see Arsenal as a side that are weakened and catchable - I recently saw a league table based on the calendar year, so only games played in 2021, and Arsenal were fourth. I've got to admit I was surprised by that. They're above Chelsea, Liverpool and Leicester on results in 2021.

I believe since Boxing Day they are 2nd in the form table

1 hour ago, birdman said:

It's not personal. It's Southgates style and preferred system. Its unfortunate for Jack and all of us who want to see him play but if we go on to win the tournament its all justified isn't it.

England havent been really tested yet in my opinion and so I think this is where Jack can play his part. I would be surprised if Denmark or Italy didn't give England a really tough game and perhaps these games will truly be the acid test of Southgates tactics. That's not taking anything away from what the manager and players have achieved so far though. 

I agree its not personal but as Mourinho said its favouritism. Southgate does  not trust Grealish to start because he doesn't do enough off the ball. But when you have two holding midfield players plus a strong presser like Mount you can afford to pick a Grealish who will create more chances than anybody else.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Joining you off topic, it's my favourite film. I think it's pretty much only Southgate, Noses and opposing fans (when we are actually playing them), that don't like him. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I'm sending Fender over, when he's finished these pleats. Jack Grealish bought a 3rd interest(on topic)

v1.dDszNTIyMjM7ajsxODgxNDsxMjAwOzYwMDs0NTA.jpg

Pleats! #colonelhall

Edited by stewiek2
  • Haha 1

Â