The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Looks like Saka starting over Sancho tonight,

I think Grealish has been criminally underused in this tournament.

I agree he has been underused, but I see it as a positive when viewed with AV specs on. 

His stock (value) with the rest of the country is sky high yet he has effectively been training but well rested this entire time. 

A win win for the Villa for the upcoming season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think there is no chance of Grealish going to Man City.  

Pep again reiterates again about money.  

They can’t afford Kane probable final amount even after bidding 100m for a position they are weak on, they thus aren’t going to pay out for a position they are strong in are they!

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

7BAEBB2D-C9EE-4FAE-9E17-28B9F23E17A7.jpeg

"It is impossible, we cannot afford it" that is straight out of the Daniel Levy playbook, they were reportedly interested in paying £100m each for two players (Harry & the other name escapes me;)), but now they apparently can't afford £120m for one:rolleyes:. Put up or shut up, they are just trying to get a player on the cheap. Money is tight for them...

U can't be serious - quickmeme

8 minutes ago, John said:

"It is impossible, we cannot afford it" that is straight out of the Daniel Levy playbook, they were reportedly interested in paying £100m each for two players (Harry & the other name escapes me;)), but now they apparently can't afford £120m for one:rolleyes:. Put up or shut up, they are just trying to get a player on the cheap. Money is tight for them...

I've just never believed the Jack to Man City because it makes no sense.  Yes Jack wants to win trophies, yes Pep likes him and he would be a good addition to Man City but the cost would be huge, they have real quality in his position, Jack signed a 5 year contract 9 months ago, he's happy here, our owners are building something special here and arent going to let Jack go and even if they did it would be for a hell of a lot more than 100m, we've just had Covid which has impacted clubs and Man City need a striker not another creator.  It's always felt like a computer game, a Football Manager transfer and not based in reality at all.  There are just too many barriers for it to happen.  Of course, this time next week I could be wrong and Jack is holding up a Man City shirt but I just dont think it's remotely possible. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Agree 110%. Southgate has been fortunate to date, because the players that he has picked have got the results, that have kept the flak off him. It is unbelievable that Jack has not started a game and didn't even get a few minutes off the bench with the last game already won. I suspect that the only minutes Jack might get, is if we are behind with the minutes ticking away. I hope I'm wrong but his omissions look increasingly personal, rather than tactical.   

Just now, John said:

Agree 110%. Southgate has been fortunate to date, because the players that he has picked have got the results, that have kept the flak off him. It is unbelievable that Jack has not started a game and didn't even get a few minutes off the bench with the last game already won. I suspect that the only minutes Jack might get, is if we are behind with the minutes ticking away. I hope I'm wrong but his omissions look increasingly personal, rather than tactical.   

He did start the Czech game.

He'll come on tonight if we're not lading after 65 mins.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think there is no chance of Grealish going to Man City.  

Pep again reiterates again about money.  

They can’t afford Kane probable final amount even after bidding 100m for a position they are weak on, they thus aren’t going to pay out for a position they are strong in are they!

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

7BAEBB2D-C9EE-4FAE-9E17-28B9F23E17A7.jpeg

Pep:

"Waa waa waa our owners don't have any money to spend, we cannot afford it"...

Meanwhile in the real world during the Covid crisis. 

image.png.d81732e756246fe10d3016c7cd6bd2e4.png

Price of Brent Crude Oil up 68% since November, demand skyrocketing since restrictions easing across the world. 

Behind the scenes Man City owners:

7803 ⋆ BYT // Brightest Young Things

**** shithousery from Pep, straight from the Daniel Levy book of catcrap. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting point, not sure that’s been considered and discussed in here yet ;)

• Haha 1

god the grealish obsession makes me sometimes wish he wasn't our player. Can't wait for us to win the tournament and all you miserable **** finding a way to downplay the achievement because **** golden boy didn't play all the god damn time

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I've just never believed the Jack to Man City because it makes no sense.  Yes Jack wants to win trophies, yes Pep likes him and he would be a good addition to Man City but the cost would be huge, they have real quality in his position, Jack signed a 5 year contract 9 months ago, he's happy here, our owners are building something special here and arent going to let Jack go and even if they did it would be for a hell of a lot more than 100m, we've just had Covid which has impacted clubs and Man City need a striker not another creator.  It's always felt like a computer game, a Football Manager transfer and not based in reality at all.  There are just too many barriers for it to happen.  Of course, this time next week I could be wrong and Jack is holding up a Man City shirt but I just dont think it's remotely possible

I think it's "remotely possible", but it is a lot less likely to happen than Harry moving there. I suspect we will all have a lingering worry, until the window closes, but our owners know how important he is to us and that eases my concerns significantly. 

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Pep:

"Waa waa waa our owners don't have any money to spend, we cannot afford it"...

Meanwhile in the real world during the Covid crisis. 

image.png.d81732e756246fe10d3016c7cd6bd2e4.png

Price of Brent Crude Oil up 68% since November, demand skyrocketing since restrictions easing across the world. 

Behind the scenes Man City owners:

7803 ⋆ BYT // Brightest Young Things

**** shithousery from Pep, straight from the Daniel Levy book of catcrap. 

image.png

That's still a bit misleading though because most things are coming from that position, most of my shares are but they are just returning to pre-pandemic levels.  So they were exceptionally rich, slightly less exceptionally rich and now exceptionally rich again.

Oil.JPG

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Pep said a longtime ago that he would have Jack under him in a heartbeat. He then said the one problem is that no one will ever be able to offer Aston Villa enough money to cover his loss because he's just worth to much to the club.

Pep is absolutely right as well, we have a player who's value far exceeds that of money, money is worth nothing compared to what Jack does, what he's capable of and what he brings to a team.

Jack is at Villa for Life and wouldn't it be great if that was the case and somewhere along the line he were even Coach of Villa. I believe that he knows how much he's been held back by the likes of Southgate that he would know which talent to look for and he'd never pull those kind of stunt if he were the man in charge. He would be a great Coach because he's been through the industry's rough times, pushed through and knocked the walls down and is continuing to do so. You usually find those that have been through lessons and learned from them that they are good teachers Inthe end because they have had the experience of bad times.

He's a great player and someday I think will be a great teacher.

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

god the grealish obsession makes me sometimes wish he wasn't our player. Can't wait for us to win the tournament and all you miserable **** finding a way to downplay the achievement because **** golden boy didn't play all the god damn time

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF

7 minutes ago, Rodders said:

You know you're in a thread about Jack Grealish on a Villa forum right?

It's like complaining that the cook is obsessed with potatoes in a chip shop.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John said:

I think it's "remotely possible", but it is a lot less likely to happen than Harry moving there. I suspect we will all have a lingering worry, until the window closes, but our owners know how important he is to us and that eases my concerns significantly. 

I honestly dont have a lingering worry.  I'm frustrated with the press and media over it but I have no worry about it actually happening.  Next season if we dont improve I probably will but I honestly dont think there is any chance he's moving this summer.

12 minutes ago, Rodders said:

You ok?

12 minutes ago, Rodders said:

bitch slap GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That's still a bit misleading though because most things are coming from that position, most of my shares are but they are just returning to pre-pandemic levels.  So they were exceptionally rich, slightly less exceptionally rich and now exceptionally rich again.

This was the general gist of my moan to be fair 🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Pep said a longtime ago that he would have Jack under him in a heartbeat. He then said the one problem is that no one will ever be able to offer Aston Villa enough money to cover his loss because he's just worth to much to the club.

Pep is absolutely right as well, we have a player who's value far exceeds that of money, money is worth nothing compared to what Jack does, what he's capable of and what he brings to a team.

Jack is at Villa for Life and wouldn't it be great if that was the case and somewhere along the line he were even Coach of Villa. I believe that he knows how much he's been held back by the likes of Southgate that he would know which talent to look for and he'd never pull those kind of stunt if he were the man in charge. He would be a great Coach because he's been through the industry's rough times, pushed through and knocked the walls down and is continuing to do so. You usually find those that have been through lessons and learned from them that they are good teachers Inthe end because they have had the experience of bad times.

He's a great player and someday I think will be a great teacher.

I like Jack very much as a football player, but I can't see him being able to or wanting to get through teacher's training in his late 30s:D

image.jpeg.2a7e94cd209a57de2d479715e62f6ef9.jpeg

• Like 1

Â