The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think there is no chance of Grealish going to Man City.  

Pep again reiterates again about money.  

They can’t afford Kane probable final amount even after bidding 100m for a position they are weak on, they thus aren’t going to pay out for a position they are strong in are they!

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

7BAEBB2D-C9EE-4FAE-9E17-28B9F23E17A7.jpeg

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

They can’t afford Kane probable final amount even after bidding 100m for a position they are weak on, they thus aren’t going to pay out for a position they are strong in are they!

Let’s hope so, however it could be a case of Pep playing the media to get Spurs to lower their expectations. If Kane insists he wants out, then Levy might have to end up taking the £100m. Either way it looks good for Jack staying at Villa. They either can’t spend that much, or they can but spend it on Kane.

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Let’s hope so, however it could be a case of Pep playing the media to get Spurs to lower their expectations. If Kane insists he wants out, then Levy might have to end up taking the £100m. Either way it looks good for Jack staying at Villa. They either can’t spend that much, or they can but spend it on Kane.

I agree, it makes sense to me. Like you say if they buy Kane that should be their lot, there is no way they can buy two 100m+ players and given they have already bid for Kane you assume that’s their priority.

I've thought since this story started circulating, they have enough strength in positions that Jack plays in. They need a striker and that will swallow up all or most of their budget.

Also, they're one of the scum ESL 6, and many clubs will resist doing business with them on principal. I think we will anyway.

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree, it makes sense to me. Like you say if they buy Kane that should be their lot, there is no way they can buy two 100m+ players and given they have already bid for Kane you assume that’s their priority.

100%. I’m fully in the “Jack is going nowhere” camp, but I’d feel even more confident if City dropped £100m plus on Kane. 

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

100%. I’m fully in the “Jack is going nowhere” camp, but I’d feel even more confident if City dropped £100m plus on Kane. 

I predict neither Kane or Grealish will go to city. There's dumb media narrative that City want Kane but Levy is hard man to deal with but Grealish is done deal agreed months ago

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

54 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Let’s hope so, however it could be a case of Pep playing the media to get Spurs to lower their expectations. If Kane insists he wants out, then Levy might have to end up taking the £100m. 

Exactly it.  Playing games.  They need a striker and now way are they not going to drop a massive number on one if they want to.

It the price of Kane is putting them off they'll still find a striker somewhere they will spend big on.   Levy could end up with a very unhappy player on his hands if he plays his usual tomfoolery and Kane want's Chumpions League soccerball.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I'd rather they did buy a striker. We know they have £100m as they already bid it. I'd be nervous that if they missed out on Kane then suddenly Jack becomes much more likely their Number 1 target.

I'd rather Kane moved to them ASAP so there's no money left.

• Like 1

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

I'd rather they did buy a striker. We know they have £100m as they already bid it. I'd be nervous that if they missed out on Kane then suddenly Jack becomes much more likely their Number 1 target.

I'd rather Kane moved to them ASAP so there's no money left.

Very true! I agree.  I do also think that Jack would cost more than Kane so I feel comfortable with that.  Kane wants out, I don’t think that’s changed with Nuno coming in because that doesn’t exactly say the club are going to the next level.  Whereas Jack’s happy here generally and our owners don’t want to sell.

I think we’re going all in this season for the top 4 behind the scenes even if they arent going to come out and say as much. That will be whats pitched to Jack, and he’ll be firmly on board. Its more exciting now than it was going into season 2,3 & 4 under MON. Credit to everyone at the club for that turnaround in such a short space of time. Yes we have bundles of cashola but the way its been invested is very promising. Such a likable group of players, both senior and academy, the captain and manager lifelong fans. Just feels like the perfect storm with all the stars aligning right now n i fkn love it! UTV

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I think we’re going all in this season for the top 4 behind the scenes even if they arent going to come out and say as much. That will be whats pitched to Jack, and he’ll be firmly on board. Its more exciting now than it was going into season 2,3 & 4 under MON. Credit to everyone at the club for that turnaround in such a short space of time. Yes we have bundles of cashola but the way its been invested is very promising. Such a likable group of players, both senior and academy, the captain and manager lifelong fans. Just feels like the perfect storm with all the stars aligning right now n i fkn love it! UTV

Absolutely no chance. That's jumping about 3 stages at once.

It'll be incremental steps, starting with getting into the top 8 on a consistent basis--top 4 is a few years away from being even remotely realistic.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I love your enthusiasm but I think we are far away from a top four challenge.  We don’t have a big enough squad and we are still missing enough quality in the first XI.  If we got ESR I think challenging for a European place would be our level at best unless we added a lot more quality in our depth and we aren’t close to that or realistically by the end of this window. We need another year or so.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Also, if they sign Kane it weakens Spurs no end. If we can then weaken Arsenal further we're already a little bit closer to jumping two league positions.

It at least puts us and them on par with West Ham, Everton and Leeds. A little bit of form in the mix and the battle for 5th/6th between those 6 clubs & Leicester will be bloody interesting. 

13 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Also, if they sign Kane it weakens Spurs no end. If we can then weaken Arsenal further we're already a little bit closer to jumping two league positions.

It's interesting that we all (me included) see Arsenal as a side that are weakened and catchable - I recently saw a league table based on the calendar year, so only games played in 2021, and Arsenal were fourth. I've got to admit I was surprised by that. They're above Chelsea, Liverpool and Leicester on results in 2021.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's interesting that we all (me included) see Arsenal as a side that are weakened and catchable - I recently saw a league table based on the calendar year, so only games played in 2021, and Arsenal were fourth. I've got to admit I was surprised by that. They're above Chelsea, Liverpool and Leicester on results in 2021.

When Emile Smith Rowe came into the team out of interest 

• Like 1

Maybe I'm deluded, but I've not been the slightest bit worried he's leaving. 

I strongly believe he'll happily stay one more season and then be off unless we're say top 6.

The team is being built around him and the owners don't want to sell. The price he is worth to us no one can afford.

He'll only move if he agitates for a move and I don't think that'll happen this season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He'll only move if he agitates for a move and I don't think that'll happen this season.

I don't think for one second that would ever happen. The Spurs thing only got to where it did because he thought he could save the club from going bust by moving

He'll never go anywhere now!!

Â