The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

For me if I want to fully enjoy the Euros I have to believe that Jack not starting is down to injury management. He’s the most talented and most effective attacking player in the squad. If there’s any other reason, other than managing his fitness then it can’t be a football one. 

So I chose to believe that Southgate is doing a good job and that benefits England, Jack and Villa, so I can enjoy watching England. Otherwise I’ll just be Mr Angry and not enjoy what potentially could be a great few days.

This is exactly where i'm at. And I think the evidence supports it overall. For Jack to come on as first sub in the Germany game sold it for me. If he knows he needs a goal, Jack is the player he'll turn to to run at a tiring defence, but he doesn't want him playing big minutes.

If we're 0-0 after 60 minutes against Denmark and he brings on Rashford and leaves Jack on the bench, i'll be right back to losing my mind at Southgate's stupidity.

• Like 4

Funniest reason I’ve heard why Jack isn’t playing, is that Southgate loved his playing time so much at Villa he doesn’t want Jack to leave.  So he’s not playing Jack unless he’s desperate and thus generally keeping Jack out of the spotlight so other clubs dont see him on the big stage being a star and then start a bidding war for him. Euros was his chance to shine, so keep him on the down low.

I mean talk about a conspiracy theory.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Funniest reason I’ve heard why Jack isn’t playing, is that Southgate loved his playing time so much at Villa he doesn’t want Jack to leave.  So he’s not playing Jack unless he’s desperate and thus generally keeping Jack out of the spotlight so other clubs dont see him on the big stage being a star and then start a bidding war for him. Euros was his chance to shine, so keep him on the down low.

I mean talk about a conspiracy theory.

well they did fake the moon landings after all so.........

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

This is exactly where i'm at. And I think the evidence supports it overall. For Jack to come on as first sub in the Germany game sold it for me. If he knows he needs a goal, Jack is the player he'll turn to to run at a tiring defence, but he doesn't want him playing big minutes.

If we're 0-0 after 60 minutes against Denmark and he brings on Rashford and leaves Jack on the bench, i'll be right back to losing my mind at Southgate's stupidity.

Unfortunately Southgate has made Grealish into this man of the people with the constant holding back.

The sub v Germany ahead of Foden and Sancho was unbelievable and shows he's finally broken through I think.

If Rashford was to be brought on ahead of him with England needing a goal there'll probably be a smattering of boos at the ground. Boos! For Rashford! Marcus 'Feeder of children' Rashford!

Don't underestimate what bringing Grealish on will do for the atmosphere as well.

• Like 1

Someone on Facebook made a good point.

With his Nike endorsement coming to a close, their will be offers.

Obviously, Nike's main competitor Addidas ( No need to mention significance here - Oh well, guess I just have ) will be heavily in the mix.

This is just another " carrot " we can dangle to Jack. Bumper Addidas endorsement.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

With his Nuke endorsement coming to a close, their will be offers.

Obviously, Nike's main competitor Addidas ( No need to mention significance here - Oh well, guess I just have ) will be heavily in the mix.

This is just another " carrot " we can dangle to Jack. Bumper Addidas endorsement.

I hope that his endorsementment with the  company you mention doesn't come to an explosive end.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I hope that his endorsementment with the  company you mention doesn't come to an explosive end.

You caught it before I fixed it, bastard! lol

I endorsementment that catch...😎

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He’s staying with Nike 

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

For me if I want to fully enjoy the Euros I have to believe that Jack not starting is down to injury management. He’s the most talented and most effective attacking player in the squad. If there’s any other reason, other than managing his fitness then it can’t be a football one. 

So I chose to believe that Southgate is doing a good job and that benefits England, Jack and Villa, so I can enjoy watching England. Otherwise I’ll just be Mr Angry and not enjoy what potentially could be a great few days. 

Jack to come on and score the winner in both games please. Because I’m greedy,  Tyrone to make an entry into the final and make a tackle to save an almost certain goal in the final minute. It’s a dream game why not dream. 

Jack signs his new contract leaning on Tyrone’s back during the post match interview. 😀

Couldn't have put it better myself Dave.

I have also been in the 'Southgate is an idiot camp' but you know what, fair play to the guy. He's got us this far in a major tournament without conceding a goal thus far and I take my hate off to him for it.

As you say, it's going to be a good few days of the Euro's and it's a moment to enjoy.

I am not worried one bit about the Jack contract saga and it's not prevented me from enjoying the Euro's so far either. 

Villa are going places and Jack will continue on that journey with us.  :hooray:

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nevermind Nuke...

I hope that Adidas are aware that someone is trying to usurp their sponsorship aspirations using a lookalike name.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

well they did fake the moon landings after all so.........

Who NASA? Also they have covered up the flat earth facts with the ice wall etc

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I try not to read into things too much but surely, surely the social media team would tread very carefully about posting Jack content if he were leaving....

Right?

I've been thinking the same.

Would they continue to post daily Grealish England updates if he was leaving? Surely not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I've been thinking the same.

Would they continue to post daily Grealish England updates if he was leaving? Surely not.

I just feel as though an instruction would come down from the top - 'Post/Don't post Grealish content'. There wouldn't even need to be an explanation, but it would just be common sense to make sure the most outward facing arm of the business isn't seen to be winding the fans up (unintentionally).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I just feel as though an instruction would come down from the top - 'Post/Don't post Grealish content'. There wouldn't even need to be an explanation, but it would just be common sense to make sure the most outward facing arm of the business isn't seen to be winding the fans up (unintentionally).

It's an interesting one for sure.

If Villa posted no Grealish content then we'd be all worried.

• Like 1

Â