The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Nothing to do with Grealish per se, but I work with a lot of law firms on the financial side, and very few 'talent' contracts are wet ink these days.

Agent would review and simply pass to the player to sign on his phone.

interesting point. i'm buying a house at the moment and not touched a pen yet. combination of the modern age and covid but there's a lot of electronic signing going on at the moment

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Sky Sports saying Man City won't try to sign Grealish if they sign Kane or Haaland and that striker is their top priority. But we knew this already. I just wish Villa would announce the new contract yesterday.

Oh lucky us. I really hate how City just get what they want and everyone has to bow down. I hope they put in a £120m offer and NSWE show them that a team that finished 11th wont budge. Well that was my hope before Jack signed the new deal anyway.

14 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Oh lucky us. I really hate how City just get what they want and everyone has to bow down. I hope they put in a £120m offer and NSWE show them that a team that finished 11th wont budge. Well that was my hope before Jack signed the new deal anyway.

I agree. The articles that wind me up most are the ones that say stuff like, “Man City will decide next week if they will sign Jack Grealish.” 

The media are still not listening. Time for NSWE to beat it into them with a wet ESR shaped fish. Probably Roe in his case. 

• Haha 1

I've got a feeling in my bones that Jack is going to do something special in the final, assuming we get there.  Mancini and Enrique are better managers than Southgate so I don't think we are favourites but if we can continue to Wolves it and keep it 0-0 with an hour gone, I just think Jack will make the difference.

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've got a feeling in my bones that Jack is going to do something special in the final, assuming we get there.  Mancini and Enrique are better managers than Southgate so I don't think we are favourites but if we can continue to Wolves it and keep it 0-0 with an hour gone, I just think Jack will make the difference.

It’s crossed my mind a couple of times those couple of almost worldies he scored this season one run from half way line against Leeds and the other against Burnely maybe? Can’t remember.

I wondered if he’s saving another one of those for the next 2 games. Maybe just the stuff of dreams who knows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

The tougher the game the more likely Jack is needed. Just hope he gets a decent amount of minutes to do his thing!

To those wondering, "If there is a deal agreed, why won't they announce it?"

I have no inside knowledge (I never lived in London, much less had a flatmate there), but I will say, from a PR perspective, it is very good for Jack to not have a deal announced. If/when a deal is announced, the next Speculation Target will get their turn on the wheel. Having his name in the press gets Jack more exposure: that gets him more deals, and that gets him more money and even more exposure. At the same time, not announcing the deal does no harm to Villa.

So if everyone wanted to wait until end of Euros to make an announcement, there's no real blowback in comparison to the net positives it gets your best player. Might be worth doing for that sake alone, as getting him future publicity is also good for us.

Take it for what you paid for it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Why is it always grealish vs someone else in the press and social media? 

Wheres the foden vs sancho debate? Or Foden vs Mount? 

Its usually someone who plays in a different position too, sancho was OK on the right wing so that's justification for not playing grealish at 11 or 10...hows that work? 

And Sancho was just OK, he didn't do anything that special vs Ukraine and again its saka has a decent game "has to start" sancho has a decent game "has to start" grealish has a decent game "he's a great sub option" 

I'm not in any conspiracy mode or even gone in to pissed off teenage girl fan club mode, it's all just a bit **** weird 

Grealish has a poor game by his standards and is still far and away England's best player. Ah he's only a sub

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Why is it always grealish vs someone else in the press and social media? 

Wheres the foden vs sancho debate? Or Foden vs Mount? 

Its usually someone who plays in a different position too, sancho was OK on the right wing so that's justification for not playing grealish at 11 or 10...hows that work? 

And Sancho was just OK, he didn't do anything that special vs Ukraine and again its saka has a decent game "has to start" sancho has a decent game "has to start" grealish has a decent game "he's a great sub option" 

I'm not in any conspiracy mode or even gone in to pissed off teenage girl fan club mode, it's all just a bit **** weird 

This question comes from the starting point that Grealish should be starting and that his lack of minutes is the most egregious mistake Southgate is making. 

Which I agree with, depending on injury management. 

There's no point arguing over whether Foden or Sancho should be starting when Grealish is on the bench. The answer to Foden v Sancho is Grealish. 

• Like 1

Â