The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

The only scenario that I would be remotely accepting of, very very remote mind as I want him to stay, is if he went to citeh for 150m, he goes there hates it, his heart isn't in it, he hardly plays and we get him back for 50m 12 months later. He comes back and we win the league, FU citeh.

I’d be accepting of him going for £100m… but in his first press conference saying:

”I don’t really want to be here, I’m just here to take some of the glory that this soulless organisation are able to accumulate because of their owners vast wealth which was probably accumulated by questionable means. It’s an honour to play under Pep and with these players, but if Pep knows what’s good for him, he will never field me in a game against Villa because I will be passing to them and I will score a hattrick… of own goals… and celebrate in the Holte End”

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

I’d be accepting of him going for £100m… but in his first press conference saying:

”I don’t really want to be here, I’m just here to take some of the glory that this soulless organisation are able to accumulate because of their owners vast wealth which was probably accumulated by questionable means. It’s an honour to play under Pep and with these players, but if Pep knows what’s good for him, he will never field me in a game against Villa because I will be passing to them and I will score a hattrick… of own goals… and celebrate in the Holte End”

I nearly walked out right there lol

Lucky for us DJ, our boy is going nowhere  

8 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Was only messing, sorry if it came across rude.

I've seen a few people claiming to know that he's signed a new deal on Twitter, that's all.

Take more than that to offend me mate don't worry. 

I know, I usually take no notice, I just really want to belive this particular tweet 

• Like 1

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

There's claims he's signed a new contract but I doubt it considering he's on international duty. Unless everything as been done remotely which I personally doubt. Sounds like typical Twitter BS. 

Maybe it's one of these "verbal agreements" a la Smith-Rowe.

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

There's claims he's signed a new contract but I doubt it considering he's on international duty. Unless everything as been done remotely which I personally doubt. Sounds like typical Twitter BS. 

Surely doing it remotely and quickly would be better than waiting till after the euros

HE'S SIGNED A NEW DEAL!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, those are the words Midlands journalist Luke Hatfield expects to be saying later this summer. "I dunno mate, I just have a gut feeling he might stick around............I get a few quid for each article you write with this, yeah?"

• Haha 1

Grealish has a hugely experienced agent who will make sure that this contract suitably rewards a 100 million pound plus player. Image rights etc are going to be very valuable to such a marketable individual. NSWE, Purslow and Jonathan Barnett will dot every i and cross every t very carefully.  

7 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Grealish has a hugely experienced agent who will make sure that this contract suitably rewards a 100 million pound plus player. Image rights etc are going to be very valuable to such a marketable individual. NSWE, Purslow and Jonathan Barnett will dot every i and cross every t very carefully.  

Yeah agreed. You read on here sometimes “why do players have an agent not just a PA?” - and it’s stuff like this. Negotiate with the club who owns what image rights and then understand the tax implications of that vs extra money on salaries vs bonuses etc etc - I’d be surprised if this one is just “here is more money per week” given how his profile has exploded. Still personally I’d guess that gives the club more things to throw at him because those will have been less of a factor in previous contracts.

5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

The only scenario that I would be remotely accepting of, very very remote mind as I want him to stay, is if he went to citeh for 150m, he goes there hates it, his heart isn't in it, he hardly plays and we get him back for 50m 12 months later. He comes back and we win the league, FU citeh.

All after having bought 2 - 3 top players which have helped push us into Champions League... perfection.

He comes back into a Champions League team with better players.

• Like 1

Â