The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

29 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You know what I'm sick to death of? Having to worry every single summer whether Jack will leave us or not. 

Personally I think it makes a nice to change to worrying if we're going to be playing top flight football next season.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Pure genius. A perspective like yours could save my marriage.

Here is some extra reassurance

a.) there is zero evidence he is going anywhere
b.) he will only go somewhere if we get a deal  that works for Villa, Grealish & and buying club

We are a club on the up, feels good :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He’s at a big club. 

I do wonder how we are perceived in the football world of financial ducking and diving, can imagine that apart from a few obvious clubs, that the word on the street is we're the club to be at.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

I dare not even try to imagine what the kid saw, I'm hoping it was a smashed up burger or a picture of Shirley Temple.

image.png.d6d716602c66bf0b1de19177980386f3.png

Sadly now gone but one of my favourite restaurant names ever (it was on the Stratford Road in Shirley) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ha, quality name Sid, never heard of it, looks like a Chinese.

Yes, now an Italian and a damn good one too. 

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Southgate having a quick pocket tug to that too in the background.

Doesn't seem to have much interest in Grealish even in training. First looks to his right, then to his left, misses the nutmeg happening in front of him completely and ends up reacting to other people's reactions!

16 hours ago, maqroll said:

As a non-English Villa fan, I'm perfectly content with how this has played out so far. He hasn't been hurt and when he's played he's had a very positive impact. When he's not played, fans sing his name and the camera pans over to him. Articles are being written about him all over the world. I'm happy with him being a super sub.

I'm very much the same, even to the point of wanting to see England *gulp* keep on winning, because whether Jack plays every minute or not, having him and Mings acquit themselves faultlessly at this competition enhances the reputation of my club, and myself as a Villa supporter.

15 hours ago, Davkaus said:

At his best, Mount is capable of offering more defensively than Grealish tends to. I think that's irrelevant personally, because firstly, he looks miles from his best, and secondly we've got two **** DMs every game, so let the attacking players do their job.

And this - I mean I understand Southgate wanting to suffocate the opposition, but 11 behind the ball when you have some of the best attacking players in the world is a bit over the top. Rice and Phillips do a great job of breaking down the opposition, then have to pass it back to Pickford.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think the main question Jack has to ask himself is - is he prepared to go down for a soft penalty in the 93rd minute in front of the holte end, wearing a Man City shirt? 

This is similar to the point I was making…

Young did…

Barry would…

Milner would…

but none of them were Villa fans through and through… They may have a fondness for us, but they aren’t fans…

Grealish is one of us…

but if he decides to move and therefore play against us… he will have decided that his accomplishments are more important… even if our club failing is a result

The only scenario that I would be remotely accepting of, very very remote mind as I want him to stay, is if he went to citeh for 150m, he goes there hates it, his heart isn't in it, he hardly plays and we get him back for 50m 12 months later. He comes back and we win the league, FU citeh.

Â