The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

I thought he got injured in the final and was subbed off and then his sub scored 2 goals to win it. 

He did get injured during it, Eder scored the only goal of the game to win it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

I dare not even try to imagine what the kid saw, I'm hoping it was a smashed up burger or a picture of Shirley Temple.

Or more worryingly a smashed up temple and a picture of Shirley’s burger?

• Haha 1

Grealish is a brilliant passer has been since he played in the youth teams, his ease and comfort on the ball is like something straight from the laws of the pinnacle of Spanish football, as it happens he's also always been excellent at running with the and gliding past players, that's not a recent skill he's developed, it's pretty much always been one of his hallmarks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Foden, Chilwell, James, all play for suppodesly big clubs, and aren't playing.

If i am being honest, SJG and Foden are our best footballers, and will play well together, Sterling, and i am not  fan, has done enough to keep his place. Despite Jenis the Penis, and St Rio over the top praise, Sancho is a work in progress, and Mount, is good , but not as good as SJG and Foden.

For me, and i was quite happy to see GS have a word with Jack on the final whistle, if we are to win it, we need SJG and Foden in the 1st team.

Thought Henderson and Bellingham looked better than Rice and Phillips as well.

For me, i've always said I'd like to see Foden , Jack, and Bellingham in the same team. I think they are the future, and are alot more dynamic and energetic.

However in the same breath I have to wonder if  it's because the former 2 are a couple of my favourite players.

Gareth knows the system he wants to play, and hate it or love it, experience and composure counts for something.

Alot of the players in there currently might be relatively " boring ", but they've got the " experience ".

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 hours ago, WHY said:

It’s a statement not an argument mate. Villa hat on I don’t want our most prized asset playing if he isn’t fit. Genuinely surprised the club have let him go if he isn’t fit. Pretty sure Smith said he was 100% fit, prior to the tournament. Him playing 90 minutes in both friendlies would suggest he was. 

The last thing you want to say to Jack Grealish is ‘sorry, you’re not going to the Euros, but can you sign this new contract please?’

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For me, i've always said I'd like to see Foden , Jack, and Bellingham in the same team. I think they are the future, and are alot more dynamic and energetic.

However in the same breath I have to wonder if  it's because the former 2 are a couple of my favourite players.

Gareth knows the system he wants to play, and hate it or love it, experience and composure counts for something.

Alot of the players in their currently might be relatively " boring ", but they've got the " experience ".

I think it’s more him not knowing how to set up a team with Foden and Grealish starting , despite managing for a long time Southgate himself is relatively inexperienced and hasn’t had the most successful career as manager, he’s setting up the way he knows how because he’s incapable of doing anything different and it’s working for him, he has the best squad in the euro’s and the easiest route to the final, wipe away the history and misery of England failing to get to a final tournament after tournament and look at the squad compared to other squads England clearly  has the better players only France rivals them imo. If he had one of the poorer squads in the tournament and wasn’t from a nation of 56 million people I would imagine people would cut him slack in terms of selection and results but because he has Jack Grealish and Phil Foden and Jude Bellingham at his disposal and has no clue how to utilise them then he’s always going to be under scrutiny, imagine 2002 Brazilian team not using Ronaldinho and Ronaldo and using Vampeta and Edilson instead.

2 hours ago, Thug said:

My honest appraisal of my own thoughts:

Do I want Jack to start because he plays for Villa?  Yes.

Do I think Southgate had an issue with picking him at the beginning and came out with totally bizarre statements trying to justify his decisions and avoided giving Jack any kind of praise at all? Yes

Do I think the above statement still applies? No.

Do I think Jack is anywhere near the fitness and form he showed before his injury? No.

Do I think this affects whether Southgate is picking him? Yes - to a point.

Do I think Southgate would pick him as first choice if he was 100% fit? No.

Has Southgate formulated a system in his mind that has certain players in certain positions as first choice? Yes.

Does that first choice team include Jack? No.

Has Southgate got all his calls right so far? Yes.

Are we going to win this tournament? We bloody well just might!

Will Southgate be a **** hero if he does it? Bloody hell YES!

If he doesn’t win it, will I believe that not picking Jack Grealish in the final/semi was THE reason we didn’t win it, and Southgate is a word removed? Yes 😡

Is ESR better than Jack? Are you off your rocker mate??

If Jack moves to Citeh and we buy ESR and he plays really well, will ESR be better than Jack, and will Southgate be word removed for not picking ESR ahead of JG in the World Cup teams even though this may be debatable? 😉

Am I a biased villa fan? Yes.

I got 10/16, pleased with that even though the answers were there. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

This is a great video to be fair what a **** player!

He is actually playing a different game to most of the others on the pitch. Great video.

Edited by sparrow1988

I know its a cliche but Jack is definitely a player who just loves playing the game, first and foremost. If this ITK is correct and he is signing a new contract then it really wouldn't surprise me. We can afford to pay him what the top clubs can so I don't think it's a money thing and I think he just loves being the man and the focal point of a team. It's a pretty cushy situation he's got at Villa with all that plus being adored by the fans. I also don't think Champions League football is the draw it once was. Players are often moving to clubs for far bigger reasons than European football.

Famous last words but I can see him staying here for his entire career. Also, winning say, one FA Cup with us would be far more significant to winning several titles and medals somewhere else. The last decade has been pretty brutal for us and I'm fine with being a mid table PL club. Watching players like him turn out for us is as good as it gets for a club of our stature right now. I'm not a kid anymore and wouldnt be shedding tears if he leaves but it would definitely be great if he does indeed sign a new deal 👍

• Like 3

Â