The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Totally insane. If another clubs fan base was talking like some in here we’d be rightly taking the piss out of them. It’s embarrassing really.

Thats a good point. 

Just now, Mazrim said:

Look, if you don't like the fact people think certain players should be starting, tough shit. It's working out anyway and I'm sure most England fans are delighted. I know I am. It doesn't mean its perfect, right?

Thinking Jack should be starting over a rocket polisher like Mount is not cringey or insane. Get off your high horse.

I think Jack should be starting. But there's a huge difference between that and the extremes some are going on here. 

Semi finals without conceding a goal, no extra time minutes played and everyone feeling confident is pretty close to perfect. 

And I am not a huge Southgate fan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Look, if you don't like the fact people think certain players should be starting, tough shit. It's working out anyway and I'm sure most England fans are delighted. I know I am. It doesn't mean its perfect, right?

Thinking Jack should be starting over a rocket polisher like Mount is not cringey or insane. Get off your high horse.

It's probably the same people who wouldn't begrudge Jack moving to another club for glory rather then be loyal to his home.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

It's probably the same people who wouldn't begrudge Jack moving to another club for glory rather then be loyal to his home.

Ugh. If I ever heard that argument in person I'd have to suplex them through a table.

Jack was clearly upset that he didn't get to play any minutes. Gareth hugged him but Jack was doing his best to avoid eye contact and disinterested. We've seen this first hand at Villa that he sulks if he isn't playing.  

I would imagine Gareth was telling him he will play a role in the next game or two. 

When we were 3/4 up you could see he was bringing more fringe players on that won't be relied as much on the next game or two. DCL/Rashford etc. 

I do share peoples feelings that it's frustrating that he didn't start after saving the day against Germany but we won and we didn't need him. 

Jack doesn't have 90 minutes in the tank so I can't imagine he'll start any of the games. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think Jack should be starting. But there's a huge difference between that and the extremes some are going on here. 

Semi finals without conceding a goal, no extra time minutes played and everyone feeling confident is pretty close to perfect. 

And I am not a huge Southgate fan. 

Right. Almost perfect. I'd have picked the same team except Grealish for Mount, because Grealish is 3 or 4 times better. There's no harm in saying that. Southgate isn't 'right' about playing Mount instead of Grealish because we won the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I'm far from Southgate's biggest fan. The omission of Jack from the England team pisses me off and reinforces why I don't care for him so much. I like flair in my teams, always have done. However, If Southgate does what no manager has since 66 and wins a international trophy then he becomes an absolute legend. With or without Jack in the team. That is the only fact worth caring about as an Englishman.

• Like 1

I’ve not been a fan of Southgate up to now and I’m sure a big part of that is due to Jack not being in the team. However it’s hard to be overly critical of a winning manager and to be fair this has been a good tournament for Jack. His star is still rising and to be fair to GS he’s actually protected Jack. If he’d played him every game we’d be moaning when he’s knackered until the middle of November. 

It’s part of Jack’s development and he will have to rest the odd game now and then. Overall I think our interests as a club have been looked after by Southgate. 

England haven’t really been tested yet. Historically Germany have been our nemesis but as a team they’re not a great German team at the moment. Denmark will be much harder, there’s a feeling that since Ericsson’s heart attack they have got some sort of “ it’s written in the stars” feeling about them. 

Italy are for me the best team in the tournament and I’d love them to lose to Spain as I think they’re more beatable for us. I’d say we get through a tight semifinal and then face Italy. With my heart we win with a wonder goal from Jack. My head isn’t so confident. 

• Like 1

The people who are annoyed are just bitchin, it's life but seems we have a few that over react to people bitchin about what they see as wrong, some people love to come over as having a superior intellect and have the ability to see it from all all angles and come down on the other side of the argument..... when we win. When we lose they be bitchin like a m***** f***** who stepped on a lego brick.

Lighten the **** up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I actually think that'd be pretty impressive. Most other teams rely on their game changers to carry them through the tournament.

Germany did it in 2014. Portugal won in 2016 because they subbed off Ronaldo in the final. Etc. 

17 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Southgate isn't 'right' about playing Mount instead of Grealish because we won the game.

Sorry what? 🤨

Yeah England should go back to just playing the 11 best players and not pick cohesive teams for different opposition. Lampard and Gerrard with Scholes on the wing. That worked out so well. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Jack is injured right now and looks like a lame horse jogging about. Him not playing 90 mins is a good thing for Villa.

I think a lot of the frustration is more from the last three years when Jack should have been starting but was left out and BS excuses were given time after time.

In October Southgate mentioned Sterling, Rashford, Greenwood and Hudson-Odoi in reference to why he kept missing out. To suggest any of them are better wide left than him is illogical. Then he played Mason Mount and Calvert-Lewin left wing ahead of him.

Southgate will be staying for the World Cup which is not a good thing for Jack's international prospects. The England manager has his favourites (Southgate's fortunate to have 26 names available to him in the squad this time round. Jack or Sancho was absolutely missing out for Rashford - both have been key to their best two wins so far) and will keep going for them. It took two years of stinking form for Eric Dier to finally be dropped...and he brought in Conor Coady ahead of Dunk, White, Webster, Konsa, Tarkowski. Mental.

Jack's best chance to become a key man under Southgate is to go to City so he and Foden can get in the team ahead of Sterling and force the issue as they tear the league to pieces.

In terms of England this tournament, they've been average. Poor in every group game. OK to good against a bad Germany side and a shattered Ukraine. Seeing some onlookers leap from "brilliant" to "awful" from the Croatia 1-0 scrape to a Scotland 0-0 scrape was strange.

• Like 3

I see it as a good thing England managed to win without needing to give Jack any minutes.  And also that England were able to end the game with almost a completely second string team.

Southgate called out the management of bookings and injury risks he was doing with his subs, and the fact he had to leave Maguire on the pitch who was on a yellow and risk him getting suspended.

It's a shame Southgate thinks Sterling is the answer to every question, as I do think it will hurt us against better teams (as it nearly did vs a below par Germany), but on evidence of last nights game it was clear Ukraine were lucky to even be in the quarters. Hopefully we see Jack get more time against Denmark, and I would be starting him.

22 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Jack was clearly upset that he didn't get to play any minutes. Gareth hugged him but Jack was doing his best to avoid eye contact and disinterested. We've seen this first hand at Villa that he sulks if he isn't playing.  

I would imagine Gareth was telling him he will play a role in the next game or two. 

When we were 3/4 up you could see he was bringing more fringe players on that won't be relied as much on the next game or two. DCL/Rashford etc. 

I do share peoples feelings that it's frustrating that he didn't start after saving the day against Germany but we won and we didn't need him. 

Jack doesn't have 90 minutes in the tank so I can't imagine he'll start any of the games. 

Exactly that. Bringing on Jack last night would have been absolutely ridiculous. His game is getting on the ball and drawing fouls he would have been kicked to pieces by a frustrated and angry team of Ukrainians.

Correct decision to have him stay on the bench

20 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Exactly that. Bringing on Jack last night would have been absolutely ridiculous. His game is getting on the ball and drawing fouls he would have been kicked to pieces by a frustrated and angry team of Ukrainians.

Correct decision to have him stay on the bench

I didn’t mind him not playing last night, he wasn’t needed. Don’t buy into the he would have got kicked to pieces bit though. Ukraine were awful and just gave up, their players didn’t get within 5 yards of our players. Worse team I’ve ever seen play in a major tournament QF.

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

Sorry what? 🤨

Yeah England should go back to just playing the 11 best players and not pick cohesive teams for different opposition. Lampard and Gerrard with Scholes on the wing. That worked out so well. 

What on earth are you on about? Are you saying Jack only plays because he's perceived as one of the best 11 rather than actually being effective? Because, I don't know if you know this, but Jack is clearly more effective than Mount and has directly influenced winning at least 2 games thus far. How is he not part of a 'cohesive team'?

**** me.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Â