The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The Doc summed it up far better than we could some 50 years ago

Didn't he just. How is our history irrelevant ? If that's the case, why are BT doing a documentary on our successful league and European campaign? 

There's a reverence to Villa Park that is unique in football. Ask Gary Neville. 

7 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Was skeptical when this account was brought up in the transfer thread, but that's definitely clear claim with no real wiggle room, hope it's not a bullshitter.

There is wiggle room as he never said who he's signed his new contract with.

Clever.

The Shevchenko thing is nice, i think hes a fan of Jack and was probably telling him how much time they spent preparing a gameplan for him today expecting him to start... keep your head up kind of thing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Is he actually? Maybe Jack was messing but in an Instagram post he implied that Bellingham supported us. Although again could be banter between Villa and the scum.

Bellingham really doesn't support us, he comes from a family of Noses. 

I can't decide if playing more/less for England would make him lean to leaving or staying.

It feels like if he stays at Villa, he stays the main man at club level and will be #1 player people are clamouring for every time England don't win.

If he goes to City he can probably reign in his performances and he'll start more for England. Because he'll absolutely be starting ahead of Sterling there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Is he actually? Maybe Jack was messing but in an Instagram post he implied that Bellingham supported us. Although again could be banter between Villa and the scum.

It was definitely banter, Bellingham replied calling Jack a DVB 🤣

9 hours ago, PieFacE said:

image.thumb.png.a3f7bd4abfe9cf4c5446061c66946500.png

Okay so, don't shoot the messenger. This dude largely called most things from 2015-2016 absolutely spot on. 

Could be bullshit. Might not be. Probably is. 

Thought i'd share.

Seems a bit careless posting that..

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Could last night have gone any better? Game over at 50 odd minutes, key players subbed off and rested, Kane confidence fully restored, set pieces now firing, clean sheet and now on to a rocking Wembley for the semi

Reflecting on it again, it’s also really great that Sancho hasn’t played a minute and then gets a 1/4 final win, something most former England stars never experienced

Southgate clearly rates Grealish as well. You don’t bring the guy on at 0-0 vs Germany if you don’t respect the quality. It’s almost like Southgate wants to break the culture of the individual flair talisman but just rotating them. The strength is in the structure and the goal output. The mercurial talent is secondary. I doubt we’ll see Foden again though

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Rightly so because no national manager will ever base his side and his default playing style around one player ...... as Villa have now worked out, you shouldn't really do that at Premier level either !

Jack is not an all round player nor does he have much by way of flexibility in his style. He is what he is and he plays as he plays and unless you are prepared to work around him and with Jack at the heart of everything then you get what we've seen in the last couple of weeks which are games where he barely touches the ball. Villa players will feed Jack over and over because they have total trust in him but top flight England players will not. That isn't because Southgate is telling them not to pass to him but because top players tend to be groomed into not passing to players who are closely marked for fear of them not controlling and working the ball in close.

Jack's best role for England is as an impact substitute when we need to abandon the team style and look to game-breakers to change fortunes. Southgate knows that and is using him for that purpose.

On top of all this, for those slating Southgate, Jack is NOT fit. He is about 75% at best. If you watch the daily training videos then you can't fail to notice Jack is absent from 90% of the tougher training sessions. His fitness is being carefully managed as will be revealed after Euro2020 has finished and, as Villa fans, we should be pleased about this.  

Long post.

My basic point stands though. Southgate won't pick Jack on a regular basis.

Most other managers would.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, villanmac said:

The Shevchenko thing is nice, i think hes a fan of Jack and was probably telling him how much time they spent preparing a gameplan for him today expecting him to start... keep your head up kind of thing.

Or, " if you were my player you would be the first name on the sheet ".

• Like 1

Â