The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Sterling on the left is England's best player 

Jack would be better though. If he goes to City, he will be playing ahead of Sterling, no doubt

Bloody hope that contract rumour is true. What fun.

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

How would these 2 even know each other?

Shevchenko was one of the most feared strikers of that generation that now manages his nation…

He will have known about Jack and recognised how awesome he is

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I'm waiting for " yeah but if Grealish played it could of been 7 " Any minute now.

If Grealish played it could have been 7 against the second best team in Premier league history not just against Ukraine. 

13 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Shevchenko was one of the most feared strikers of that generation that now manages his nation…

He will have known about Jack and recognised how awesome he is

Looks like they have already met

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Phil Foden left out of England squad for Czech Republic Euro 2020 game -  The Athletic

Foden Talk must be in meltdown.

Dortmund |Talk will have had mass suicides before getting to see Sancho and Bellingham feature as well.

I want to moan about Mings not starting if i'm honest.

Grealish is twice the player Foden is. Foden has been awful for England every time he has played, as has Sancho even tonight he wasn't at much, lost the ball every time he touched it. Bellingham should be getting more game time. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

😂😂😂

bless. Tbh I’m a lil sad Bellingham is a bluenose. Great player already. 

Is he actually? Maybe Jack was messing but in an Instagram post he implied that Bellingham supported us. Although again could be banter between Villa and the scum.

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

People getting pissy and not enjoying tonight’s win, just because Jack didn’t play.  It’s as ridicules as Blues fans not enjoying the German win because Jack had a hand in the goals.   

cray GIF

Disagree. It encourages Southgate to play weaker first 11s. And whilst it may not cost us until the final. Italy aren't a team we will beat with 20 minutes of magic. You need sustained excellence and pressure on their goal. And not just that it also doesn't help our chances at the 2022 world Cup if we don't start Jack either 

At the end of the game last night, during all the handshakes, Southgate put his arm around Grealish and seemed to spend longer talking to him than some of the other England players with subs vests on.  Was he telling him to start getting himself mentally prepped to play a key role in the next game (or hopefully two)?

Edited by deck
  • Like 1

I think Southgate’s doing just fine. You might not like the man nor his football but to suggest he could be doing better when England have just pretty much got our best ever set of results in a tournament since 66 beggars belief. 

Jack still has a huge role to play in this tournament in the next two games assuming we beat Denmark. It might be as a starter or it may be as a sub. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

How would these 2 even know each other?

Shevchenko like most former footballers spends most of his time playing golf and hanging out at football industry events in London - PFA and so on. Not sure if Jack plays golf but imagine they have met a few times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deck said:

At the end of the game last night, during all the handshakes, Southgate put his arm around Grealish and seemed to spend longer talking to him than some of the other England players with subs vests on.  Was he telling him to start getting himself mentally prepped to play a key role in the next game (or hopefully two)?

I saw the same and I was thinking he was probably having a chat with him about the decision not to bring him on - I’m not a Southgate fan but he’s shown good awareness this week talking about how to manage forwards who aren’t playing. If you want to keep a happy squad the first people you’re chatting to after today’s win are Jack and Foden as your unused forwards.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I saw the same and I was thinking he was probably having a chat with him about the decision not to bring him on - I’m not a Southgate fan but he’s shown good awareness this week talking about how to manage forwards who aren’t playing. If you want to keep a happy squad the first people you’re chatting to after today’s win are Jack and Foden as your unused forwards.

Yeah I read it the same way. Southgate knew Jack would have been itching to get on and was likely reassuring him that he was rested because he wasn't needed and he's still recovering. 

Again, I have zero doubt that Jack comes on at 60 minutes if it's 0-0 or we're down. 

Edited by ThunderPower_14

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

I think Southgate’s doing just fine. You might not like the man nor his football but to suggest he could be doing better when England have just pretty much got our best ever set of results in a tournament since 66 beggars belief. 

Jack still has a huge role to play in this tournament in the next two games assuming we beat Denmark. It might be as a starter or it may be as a sub. 

As much as I hate his football, it is a pretty remarkable thing to still yet to concede going into the semifinals.

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

The term 'big' club isn't really about history anymore.

It's measured by your global fanbase. Yearly income etc. Not so much about success, it's your brand. Of course trophies is a good icing on the cake but it isn't what defines you as a big club in the modern game.

Man Utd, Liverpool, Real Madrid are your so called mega clubs. They generate an absurd amount of money. 

In modern terms we are probably a mid sized club along the likes of Everton, Newcastle.

For one, Grealish hasn't played for a " bigger " club yet, England isn't a club per se. As for us being a big club, trust me, In my eyes, we are. I would never use the word " mega" but you can't dismiss our historical importance to the game of competitive football, you only have to feel the atmosphere of a packed Villa Park to know how big we are. That's why so many players say it's their favourite ground to play in. That, my friend, is because it's a big club.

Edited by sheepyvillian

Â