The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

What does "hope no England announce delay.." mean? I can't parse it

Unsure tbh mate. Most of what he posts is quite cryptic (no idea if that is intentional or if his english sucks)

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

But you're missing my point there's a difference between a successful club and a big club. And, we are, without doubt a big club, and always have been, and always will be. Fact. 

The term 'big' club isn't really about history anymore.

It's measured by your global fanbase. Yearly income etc. Not so much about success, it's your brand. Of course trophies is a good icing on the cake but it isn't what defines you as a big club in the modern game.

Man Utd, Liverpool, Real Madrid are your so called mega clubs. They generate an absurd amount of money. 

In modern terms we are probably a mid sized club along the likes of Everton, Newcastle.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, MattAvfc92 said:

He got loads right back in the day…. Would be amazing if this is right… fingers crossed!

Reading his old tweets again now. He got lots of stuff right back in the day.

I’ve been worried with his lack Avfc official retweets recently, seemed to be all for retweeting admin stuff previously but it’s been noticeably absent.  

Fingers crossed it’s not bullshit, massive statement of true. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Unsure tbh mate. Most of what he posts is quite cryptic (no idea if that is intentional or if his english sucks)

When I Google account name this is link text returned

twitter.com/whispers_avfc | Твиттер

Твиттер is Russian/Cyrillic for Twitter.

Odd

Odd

Might be because it's a locked/private account.

Edited by Okonokos

Odd

It's all probably complete bullshit so would treat it that way tbh dude.

If it isn't it's a nice surprise.

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

image.thumb.png.a3f7bd4abfe9cf4c5446061c66946500.png

Okay so, don't shoot the messenger. This dude largely called most things from 2015-2016 absolutely spot on. 

Could be bullshit. Might not be. Probably is. 

Thought i'd share.

Was skeptical when this account was brought up in the transfer thread, but that's definitely clear claim with no real wiggle room, hope it's not a bullshitter.

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Was skeptical when this account was brought up in the transfer thread, but that's definitely clear claim with no real wiggle room, hope it's not a bullshitter.

Pretty much all of his old tweets were statements too. No real wiggle room with many of them. Of course they may have gone back and deleted lots in the 5 years they haven't tweeted but who knows?

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Pretty much all of his old tweets were statements too. No real wiggle room with many of them. Of course they may have gone back and deleted lots in the 5 years they haven't tweeted but who knows?

I think the one I saw was a tweet with "Premier club interested in Gana" which wasn't exactly breaking news at the time, and I think one recently that was "Villa bid for midfielder", which again isn't sticking your neck out really.

If it's had other stuff that has been more concrete, then hopefully that means it's genuine. Especially as the meltdown from other clubs fans would be pretty fun if we kept Jack.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Especially as the meltdown from other clubs fans would be pretty fun if we kept Jack.

I need to find out in time to go on Blue Moon and post before they lock the Grealish. One guy saying I'll disappear from posting when City sign Grealish. I want to give him a wave

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Agreed. But let's say another player comes off the bench at 0-0 has a hand in one , assists another - then said player starts next game .......unless your surname is Grealish.

Unless the medical advice is that he's risking further injury by playing 60+ minutes. 

Then you'd rather keep him rested and healthy incase you need him. 

I want Grealish to start as much as anyone but the fact that he was the first sub that came on against Germany tells me this is injury management and not bias against Jack at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I think the one I saw was a tweet with "Premier club interested in Gana" which wasn't exactly breaking news at the time, and I think one recently that was "Villa bid for midfielder", which again isn't sticking your neck out really.

If it's had other stuff that has been more concrete, then hopefully that means it's genuine. Especially as the meltdown from other clubs fans would be pretty fun if we kept Jack.

I'm reading them all now and there's lots of concrete neck on the line stuff like "welcomes Gollini" "welcomes Tshibola" "Gestede complete" etc.

Who knows? If a new contract is announced this week then they clearly can be considered ITK but we'll see.

• Like 1

So this dude has also just said we'd have a new coach in next week with no indication of who it will be. I assume it will be a new set-piece coach but we shall see if that gets announced. 

• Like 1

Â