The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Interesting little tidbit from the UEFA article  on Grealish.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/026b-12a9015ef72a-882fcc7d0a9a-1000--england-s-jack-grealish-on-capturing-the-imagination-of-a-natio/amp/

“The shin complaint which meant he arrived at the EURO having started only two Villa games since February still requires a little management. 

He seemed perfectly fine against Germany but hopefully it isn’t putting too much stress on the issue

Southgate has said he’s not fully fit and needs careful management. And Grealish himself said yesterday he came back too early to try to make this squad. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KMitch said:

Sorry, but Romano doesn't know any more than the rest of us.  I honestly believe he has some sources at a few top clubs, but when it comes to most clubs, like Villa, he has no clue.  Most of what he does is regurgitate the more realistic transfer rumors while keeping it open ended and then tries to beat others to announcing done deals, right before someone else breaks the story.

Examples that come to mind: 

• Rashica - He said it was practically a done deal last summer, which is why the story wouldn't die.
  • Everton & Spuds manager search - Go back and read his coverage of the managerial interviews of these clubs.  It's laughable.

I like how someone (could have been you) put it: Tap-in Merchant.

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Southgate has said he’s not fully fit and needs careful management. And Grealish himself said yesterday he came back too early to try to make this squad. 

Maguire said he isn’t fit, said he struggled in the second half. Southgate doesn’t care about that. 

Problem for Grealish is, if he starts on the bench, and gets a goal or assist from the bench , people will say he should stay on the bench as an impact player. If he plays shit from the bench then he won't start either, basically it's perfect for Southgate.

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Sad 1

If he isn't fit enough to start then he's better off constantly coming on to save the day, rather than being run ragged for 60 mins and people clamouring for Foden or Sterling instead of him. 

The clamour is for Jack and if he can't play an hour then he's better off playing the final 30 mins when everyone is tired and being the hero.

I want him to start but if it's true that he and his shins can't handle it. It's better for him (and for Villa!) That he doesn't.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I like how someone (could have been you) put it: Tap-in Merchant.

As someone else indicated,  that's exactly what percy is

But they build a reputation for not peddling rumours. They may be later to the party, but at least 99% of what they put out is correct 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

As someone else indicated,  that's exactly what percy is

But they build a reputation for not peddling rumours. They may be later to the party, but at least 99% of what they put out is correct 

Yeah, if they're reporting it you can be almost sure it's correct. It also means the transfer is pretty far along too. Which I guess is a good thing. Romano has been trying to be a bit more risky with his speculation I've noticed lately and he comes on Sky sometimes to indulge in their BS speculation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

Very unfair on Percy - he’s broken a number of villa (and wider midland’s exclusives) over a number of years and he is very rarely (if ever) wrong.

Douglas Luiz is one I recall (I might be wrong).

I must admit I've found it difficult to get behind England whilst Jack's been sat on the bench. I'm not ashamed to say I found myself cheering SJM's tartan army against us until Grealish entered the pitch such is the disappointment of seeing Englands best player not being involved.

That said, and given recent snippets of his injury concerns I think that it's probably been wise that he's come on as an impact player and it's worked absolutely perfect for Jack, England and AVFC as pretty much the whole nation (excluding the bluenoses) are singing his name and his status is off the scale.

Watching a recent video of him on here and you just can't help but smile, the ability he has is just a pleasure to watch, but it has reiterated to me that he is nowhere near at the (Villa) levels as he is for England - now that could be fitness, better class of opponent, players not giving him the ball enough, not starting etc - I think he's only really at a 6 or 7 currently, but even then he has two assists, MOTM performances in practically every England game he's played in.. that in itself just shows the quality that he's got. 

Edited by WakefieldVillan
  • Like 2

Both are true though. He breaks exclusives but he does it and all his stories when they are further a long. That's not a bad thing.

It is also slightly easier to get an exclusive on a far-along transfer when we are so secretive and it's only possible to find out when a transfer is further along.

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah, if they're reporting it you can be almost sure it's correct. It also means the transfer is pretty far along too. Which I guess is a good thing. Romano has been trying to be a bit more risky with his speculation I've noticed lately and he comes on Sky sometimes to indulge in their BS speculation. 

This is my point, and it's not a criticism of either of them. Can't speak to his sky appearances, but following on twitter he seems like he gets most things right. Rather follow them knowing they're not starting rumours for clicks than anyone else 

• Like 1

This mornings news seems to be about restoring Mount to the team , how Saka is injured and Sancho may get a start or Foden

did I miss the bit where Jack missed the flight to Rome ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

at £100 million man city are investing in a very expensive super sub 😬

If he goes to City he'll be keeping Sterling out the team and making Southgate look silly for not playing him more in the last three years.

He'll also have about 20 goals/assists every season.

He’s clearly being managed because they know he can’t do 90 or 120 min at the intensity required due to the shin injury. Southgate pretty much said that in the post Germany interview.

Let’s dispense with the anti-Southgate hysteria safe in the knowledge that if England need creativity the first person they’re going to bring on is Jack.

On 01/07/2021 at 10:11, Laughable Chimp said:

Glad someone said it lol. I feel Sterling has been scapegoated a lot both here and other places and I feel like a big part of is due to how so many people wanted to see Grealish play instead. Kind of like how Mount got stick earlier because people felt like Southgate was overly focused on him over Grealish(even though I'm fairly sure the origin of the meme was completely made up.)

People say Sterling is wasteful but I always think that that's a overrated critique. It doesn't matter how wasteful or inefficient a player is, if his final output is still great in spite of it, it doesn't matter. And Sterling's final output this euros has been far better than any other attacker in the squad bar arguably Jack. I feel like Lyon fans probably said similar about Traore before we bought him.

Traore and Sterling are very different though. Traore is infuriating in many ways, but he's actually a clever player for the most part, and technically very strong, which Sterling is not.

Sterling has had a decent tournament, he'll never be my type of player because I'd never trust him in crucial moments and I don't like his technique, but he has contributed.

Â