The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, ender4 said:

Can someone post the content here?  It’s asking for a login/registration to read it

Go into your browser settings and tun off cookies whilst you are reading the article. Remember to turn them back on or other websites may not work. 

45 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I don't think Jack has any does he?

I do not think so - I am sure the article was probably generalising but I thought it lazy to get something wrong like that.  

I did like the comparison to Rui Costa. He certainly drives like Rui Costa did, particularly at Fiorentina. Better than some of the other comparisons I have come across. 

1 hour ago, knoppy1987 said:

I do not think so - I am sure the article was probably generalising but I thought it lazy to get something wrong like that.  

I did like the comparison to Rui Costa. He certainly drives like Rui Costa did, particularly at Fiorentina. Better than some of the other comparisons I have come across. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If, and it’s a big if, but if England were to win the Euro’s, I wonder if it might help him in staying put. He obviously wants to win things, perhaps it would satisfy the desire, for a bit at least anyway.

It depends who comes in for him, you have a point but you have to remember that he is a lifelong man utd/man city/arsenal fan

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If, and it’s a big if, but if England were to win the Euro’s, I wonder if it might help him in staying put. He obviously wants to win things, perhaps it would satisfy the desire, for a bit at least anyway.

Great point! Interesting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Well this is the same as Percy really. A lot of what Percy confirms has been reported before he just refuses to claim its happening until he knows. 

Romano is very much the same. He doesn't say things are done until they are done. He's respected because he's not about being first, he's about being right and most of the time he is. 

He's built up a solid reputation and seems to be trusted by a lot of sources. 

There's an NBA journalist who I believe was very similar, called Adrian Wojnaroski. He built up a massive following of getting inside info and dropping 'Woj bombs' and eventually got a multi million dollar deal to report for yahoo. 

Romano is a smaller version of him. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'd say winning something would be a bit like a drug and it'd be more likely he'd want to seek out more of it.

Interesting little tidbit from the UEFA article  on Grealish.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/026b-12a9015ef72a-882fcc7d0a9a-1000--england-s-jack-grealish-on-capturing-the-imagination-of-a-natio/amp/

“The shin complaint which meant he arrived at the EURO having started only two Villa games since February still requires a little management. 

He seemed perfectly fine against Germany but hopefully it isn’t putting too much stress on the issue

On 30/06/2021 at 19:27, Tomaszk said:

Let's see if Sancho magically jumps five other players to become #1 England wide player over the next six months.

Two days.

He's absolutely class Sancho. About to make Southgate look very silly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

Yep, Grealish looks set to be on the bench again according to Matt Law. He’ll bail out Southgate again in the 60-70th minute. 

If he is I'm becoming convinced it's because they are managing his shins. 

The only people left who say he shouldn't be starting now are just agitators trying to be controversial. 

Southgate is an idiot but he's not stupid😁

41 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

Yep, Grealish looks set to be on the bench again according to Matt Law. He’ll bail out Southgate again in the 60-70th minute. 

I hope its on the 60 min mark then! 20 isn't enough for Jack to get going properly imo.

18 minutes ago, picicata said:

He is, although he's always looked like a rabbit in the headlights for England.

Couldn’t agree more, it’s odd as he looks a completely different player for Dortmund. Play a different style which suits his game better though.

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Southgate is an idiot but he's not stupid😁

It doesn't matter how many times this gets touted, he really is though. I take solace in that it will eventually be his downfall. 

Â