The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Bang on. Gregg Evans had posters of Lee Hughes and Gary Megson on his bedroom wall. He has suffered enough. 🤣

My biggest gripe with Evans is he never chooses the  potential narratives of supporting the club. He always echos the national/international media sentiments. For example: "Grealish will/should  leave for a bigger club" - I get the impression he is a follower, probably afraid of going against the grain of common opinion. Fair enough. But if I am joining a subscription based product dedicated to my team,  I want more from the local based reporter. Gregg needs to remember he is representing Aston Villa at The Athletic, he needs to be more supportive and protective of the club IMO.

since i first read the article there have been a fair few comments laying into him. the athletic bosses need to be looking at these. first time i've properly looked at them...the general customer base is not happy with him, it's not just on here where he's being criticised

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

since i first read the article there have been a fair few comments laying into him. the athletic bosses need to be looking at these. first time i've properly looked at them...the general customer base is not happy with him, it's not just on here where he's being criticised

No surprises. Villa fans are a passionate bunch, and more importantly critical when it is necessary. We do not happy clap any old thing and we will  candidly speak out  if we don't agree with something. If Evans' articles affect subscriptions levels the bosses will seek to replace Gregg.

2 hours ago, Skruff said:

All I'm seeing  is Greg Evans pushing clickbait through the Athletic. 

I was considering a subscription, lets just say im not any more.

I signed up as a tip of the cap to Dan Bardell

8 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/02/sports/soccer/jack-grealish-england-euro-2020.html 
Interesting take on the Grealish hype in the New York Times.  He is turning into a global star.

I can't work out if that's a good article or not

It nails some parts and then gets it wrong in others, for example the idea that hes not under the microscope or gets the same level of criticism and that everyone likes him because he's not at a CL club, that's far from tge truth

Also felt that it did plenty of build up to him coming on and why he came on but then seriously under values his impact 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Romano is tier 3 at best. He is on par with Evans. 

Romano is a fraud with a big Twitter following of deluded kids, he just regurgitates other links from around the web and tries to pass himself off as itk. How could he possibly have the inside track of nearly every top club in the big 3/4 leagues. The only difference with him and the other frauds is he doesn't go too big with his guesses and plays it safe.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Romano is a fraud with a big Twitter following of deluded kids, he just regurgitates other links from around the web and tries to pass himself off as itk. How could he possibly have the inside track of nearly every top club in the big 3/4 leagues. The only difference with him and the other frauds is he doesn't go too big with his guesses and plays it safe.

This...   He may have a few contacts at some clubs, but for the most part, he seems to just be very up to date on the latest transfer rumors/gossip and doesn't put too much on the line with regards to making bold predictions.  Everything he tweets has been "broken" by someone else in the media before.   Imagine if VillaReport just passed off everything he reads/tweets about as his own ITK information...  He'd have quite the following of clueless Villa supporters thinking he was some kind of legit source.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

This...   He may have a few contacts at some clubs, but for the most part, he seems to just be very up to date on the latest transfer rumors/gossip and doesn't put too much on the line with regards to making bold predictions.  Everything he tweets has been "broken" by someone else in the media before.   Imagine if VillaReport just passed off everything he reads/tweets about as his own ITK information...  He'd have quite the following of clueless Villa supporters thinking he was some kind of legit source.  

Agree. No one journalist is going to have the inside scoop at every club in every top league in Europe. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

NY Times have links to the CIA, they will have seen more of Jack than us.

It’s true. I’ve just accessed the CIA database and seen the images. 

He’s got “SOTC” tattooed across his arse cheeks. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ve just accessed the CIA database and seen the images. 

Hey man, could you PM me the access details plz, I've got some stuff from 2004 that i'd like to wipe off before it becomes public. 

Cheers. 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Well this is the same as Percy really. A lot of what Percy confirms has been reported before he just refuses to claim its happening until he knows. 

Romano is very much the same. He doesn't say things are done until they are done. He's respected because he's not about being first, he's about being right and most of the time he is. 

He's built up a solid reputation and seems to be trusted by a lot of sources. 

There's an NBA journalist who I believe was very similar, called Adrian Wojnaroski. He built up a massive following of getting inside info and dropping 'Woj bombs' and eventually got a multi million dollar deal to report for yahoo. 

Romano is a smaller version of him. 

• Like 3

Â