The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

it's never bothered me much before. gregg can't help not being given any valid info from villa. but it's starting to get on my tits. just had a gander around other teams transfer articles, none of the speculation that we get in ours.

looking at the comments, he's started getting a bit of stick underneath his articles now

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

He's shit. It's funny when he does a collab article with another journalist you can tell the bits he writes because they're so crap.

A friend of a friend is a journalist for The Athletic and lets just say Gregg isn't rated in the business either

Now, now, Stevo, no need for malicious gossip. 😛

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

How many new fans will jack generate from this euros and next year's World Cup? I would say half the kids at school probably will have Jack as their favourite player by the end of the euros.

That means that some of those go on to support villa. 

A bigger fan base means more commercial revenue.

Casual football fans who support a team due to a player 

This would be the first time we have a ' star' who will generate his own wage and then some.

Has a good world Cup and all of a sudden he's in Beckham marketability territory.

It's ultra important we keep him for both footballing and commercial value.

Man City isn't a project any more, its a buy everyone good from a rival, steam roller. The fun and excitement has ended for fans. It's now a see how many points we can win the league by pretty much year on year.

With the money jack will earn here, there or where ever, I think first and foremost is that he wants the excitement of playing and winning.

At man City the excitement of winning when it's expected every game would soon go and there is also no guarantee he would be playing anywhere near the amount he does at villa.

The ball is in villas hands in keeping him.

Sign 2 or 3 players to push us on and we qualify for Europe, he stays and is happy. 

Tread water or go backwards, he leaves. So signing 2 or 3 more big players this season for a further £100 million could pay for itself many times over after the world Cup.

Good post. Who was the last player to sit on the England bench and have his name called for by the fans in the stadium?! Jack is now already a huge commercial asset in the game, that will only grow. Villa simply cannot afford to sell him. End of. He’s already got the hearts and minds of the British public, he’s the only name ppl want to talk about. With hopefully 3 more games left of the Euros, he could well cement his place amongst the elite. Neutrals and casual football fans across Europe will be wearing Grealish shirts. Massive 

• Like 1

Gregg Evans is utterly useless. How he's got the job he has at the Athletic is beyond me. Would honestly think James Rushton would do a better job. Doesn't really have any sources at Villa but talks a lot of sense. Anyways, as for Jack, wouldn't believe anything Gregg says about him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John said:

Even Jacob Rees-Mogg gave him a mention in Parliament yesterday! 

What did he say? No, let me guess: 

"Who is this John Grealish chap? A soccer player, you say? How perfectly ghastly. A beastly lower class pleb, I expect. Not the sort of role model one wants for one's children. What's wrong with the Duke of Marlborough or Sir Edward Elgar, I say?" 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Mystic Meg Evans at his best last year

but it's like he really WANTS him to leave...drops it in wherever he can. i think it's at the point where he's trolling us, after all he must read the athletic comments and the stuff said about him on here. it's not a healthy relationship and something needs to give

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

but it's like he really WANTS him to leave...drops it in wherever he can. i think it's at the point where he's trolling us, after all he must read the athletic comments and the stuff said about him on here. it's not a healthy relationship and something needs to give

I just checked his tweets and Evans doesn’t start any of this until last year - any tweets in 2019 about Jack were almost always match related. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I just checked his tweets and Evans doesn’t start any of this until last year - any tweets in 2019 about Jack were almost always match related. 

agreed, but it's constant though. pretty much from the start of 2020 onwards he was saying on every podcast that he did that jack will almost certainly be off in the summer

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

it's never bothered me much before. gregg can't help not being given any valid info from villa. but it's starting to get on my tits. just had a gander around other teams transfer articles, none of the speculation that we get in ours.

looking at the comments, he's started getting a bit of stick underneath his articles now

I cancelled my subscription because of this and in my feedback why, explained this.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

ignore the title.......good vid regardless.

He is just elite. The footballing brain on him is phenomenal. Best player to ever play for Villa in my view. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ah he was crowing that Tammy was going to leave as well. Absolutely desperate for it he was the little toerag.

15 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

He is just elite. The footballing brain on him is phenomenal. Best player to ever play for Villa in my view. 

Probably got the best first touch in the league too. It allows him that extra second of time that other players dont seem to have. 

42 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What did he say? No, let me guess: 

"Who is this John Grealish chap? A soccer player, you say? How perfectly ghastly. A beastly lower class pleb, I expect. Not the sort of role model one wants for one's children. What's wrong with the Duke of Marlborough or Sir Edward Elgar, I say?" 

He said, "My right honourable friend is the former Health Secretary. And the word former is quite an important one. He has been replaced, as we've heard references to Association Football by the super sub. The Jack Grealish of politics in the form of my right honourable friend, the new Secretary of State." 

Link to the BBC web-site:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-hereford-worcester-57686926

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â