The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's more than that 

It generates traffic because it generates talk as to his value

They post some bullshit about grealish to man City for £100m its amazing the range of fan bases that feel the need to chirp up as to how good he is and what they think he is worth

As a Villa fan when you see the sun print something about sancho to utd for £100m do you feel the need to comment? Nope, that move doesn't have anywhere the level of general interest amongst neutral fans 

I could name at least 5 fan bases that would jump all over a grealish story that wouldn't be ours or the buying clubs 

Took a quick look

June 25th Jim white posted on twitter that sancho was verge of completing his move to utd

Same day he tweeted that grealish was joining man city

Sancho got 26 comments, 158 retweets and 1.2k likes

Grealish got 898 comments, 4k retweets, 8.6k likes

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

For a while I've been worried because Jack hasn't come out and denied all these rumours and declared his love for the Villa. But then I thought about it. Consider this: 

NOT doing that, keeping the pot bubbling, is in Jack's own interest: it strengthens his (and his agent's) hand in negotiations over a new contract at Villa. And remember, this is not the Doug Ellis era, it's not going to jeopardise the club, we're talking about billionaire owners. Even more importantly, the constant speculation keeps his name all over the papers and the internet. Which in turn raises his profile in world football and helps with all the Beckhamesque sponsorship stuff. And the beauty of that is that it's actually a good thing for Villa. The higher Jack's profile gets, the more Villa are seen as a club on the rise. We want him to be a target for other clubs - the bigger clubs the better - it makes keeping him seem like a major coup, and all adds to our attractiveness to other world-class players. It's a win-win. 

Of course, I could be wrong, but I'm starting to think that both parties (Villa and Jack) know exactly what they're doing. And they're playing a blinder. 

All the points you make are true.

However, the biggest point is that there is no rumour to deny other than some shitty Twitter accounts.

I would rather he DIDN’T come out after every shitty rumour to deny it.  Because when next week andy_mufc_905443 posts on Twitter that Bournemouth have signed Jack for 36p - he’d have to deny that too, or people will say that he denied the other rumours.

I don’t want or expect him, or the club to come out with any statements at all unless it’s a squad number, news of a new contract, or announce a statue.

We don’t need to set a precedent of refuting shitty rumours.  If someone asks him about transfer I expect a political answer.  If someone asks the management about it I expect a he’s not for sale answer.  Beyond that I expect and want nothing.

Edited by Thug
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

For a while I've been worried because Jack hasn't come out and denied all these rumours and declared his love for the Villa. But then I thought about it. Consider this: 

NOT doing that, keeping the pot bubbling, is in Jack's own interest: it strengthens his (and his agent's) hand in negotiations over a new contract at Villa. And remember, this is not the Doug Ellis era, it's not going to jeopardise the club, we're talking about billionaire owners. Even more importantly, the constant speculation keeps his name all over the papers and the internet. Which in turn raises his profile in world football and helps with all the Beckhamesque sponsorship stuff. And the beauty of that is that it's actually a good thing for Villa. The higher Jack's profile gets, the more Villa are seen as a club on the rise. We want him to be a target for other clubs - the bigger clubs the better - it makes keeping him seem like a major coup, and all adds to our attractiveness to other world-class players. It's a win-win. 

Of course, I could be wrong, but I'm starting to think that both parties (Villa and Jack) know exactly what they're doing. And they're playing a blinder. 

Jack's never come out and denied these rumours, I spose staying quiet on it all does alot, smart really. Your never denieing but never confirming and your never neutral because if you don't comment nothing can be said or held against you.

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Jack will have been versed by now in letting rumours circulate in order for maximum media traffic and increased profile. Similar to Boxing my other love. Full of bullshit stories to keep the narrative plodding along and people interested. It's just modern day propaganda/bs whatever you want to call it. The more that talk the more money generated. 

Not just Jack either....You seldom hear of many top players refuting claims of a transfer even if bs. 

Regarding players agents, this info maybe out of date, but my nephew when he lived in London used to have a friend who was an agent.

He never told me this agents name but he was responsible for a number of reasonably high profile Championship and lower league players on his books.

The point I want to make is that apparently not only does the agent get a percentage of any transfer fee, but also a percentage of the players salary for as long as he is on his books...

So an agent is not really an agent for the player, the agent is really, as we all know, a ****ing leech

Regards to all

26 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Jack's never come out and denied these rumours, I spose staying quiet on it all does alot, smart really. Your never denieing but never confirming and your never neutral because if you don't comment nothing can be said or held against you.

Or it could be that he has enough on his plate with the euro's and is focusing on shafting the Germans.

15 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Or it could be that he has enough on his plate with the euro's and is focusing on shafting the Germans.

Oh god, can you imagine? 

A MOTM performance from Jack against Germany? 

Make it so, Southgate you muppet. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Good post this and you raise some very good points.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Jack will have been versed by now in letting rumours circulate in order for maximum media traffic and increased profile. Similar to Boxing my other love. Full of bullshit stories to keep the narrative plodding along and people interested. It's just modern day propaganda/bs whatever you want to call it. The more that talk the more money generated. 

Not just Jack either....You seldom hear of many top players refuting claims of a transfer even if bs. 

Jack did this last time.

He said F all and just signed the contract.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AJ said:

Jack did this last time.

He said F all and just signed the contract.

Exactly AJ, he does this and doesn't say anything about anything and why would you to anyone but your Agent or club who are also keep quiet about this until the time comes to pen pen to paper for whoever.

11 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Yeah i expect to see a tweet from AVFC twitter as soon as he's done with the euro's.

That will most likely be when it happens, it may not even happen after the Euro's but even be into the new season.

Remember it's only for an improved contract, Villa chiefs have 4 seasons to offer him something new and improved.

No rush really is there?

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Hard to have a "breakthrough" when you haven't even approached the club!

They are all as bad as each other. Some like to dress it up like their more professional but the reality is they all talk shit and know bugger all until it's public knowledge.

"Appreciated". Strange phrase for a journalist to use, that; unless he's working for Pep here. Subtle message - Southgate may not appreciate your talents, but Fraudiola does. Come play for him.

Of course ignores the fact that every Villa fan including the current manager appreciates (and, moreover, adores) Jack.

Media w@nkers.

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

"Appreciated". Strange phrase for a journalist to use, that; unless he's working for Pep here. Subtle message - Southgate may not appreciate your talents, but Fraudiola does. Come play for him.

Of course ignores the fact that every Villa fan including the current manager appreciates (and, moreover, adores) Jack.

Media w@nkers.

Inbetweeners Wankers GIF - Inbetweeners Wankers BusWankers GIFs

Â