The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

32 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I am a little intrigued as to how well Grealish would play in a Pep team. I think he could go up a level or two more. Hopefully we can talk Pep into taking over from Dean in a couple of years when he heads off to manage England! Win, win, win.

Unless Pep manages Villa I couldn't care less how well Grealish would play under him. Pep and Man City can get ****.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I am still a bit worried about a potential release clause. It was definitely reported last summer as being in his contract. 
Even so, if city want a striker first, they will probably need to sell a few to make way for Jack. I just hope this doesn’t get strung out. Either sign a new contract or reach agreement to leave. If he does go, I hope we are able to sign replacements before it becomes public.

if there was a release clause, the deal would already be done IMO. none of this 'preparing a bid after the euros'.

there was probably a relegation release clause but that's it

i don't think we'll mess about. we'll sit him down as soon as the euros are over. we wont let it drag on

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

if there was a release clause, the deal would already be done IMO. none of this 'preparing a bid after the euros'.

i don't think we'll mess about. we'll sit him down as soon as the euros are over. we wont let it drag on

I hope you’re right. I guess if their priority is a striker and they then have to sell, it may explain why nothing has happened yet.

5 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I think the game at the moment is the "Big 6" are looking at the Villa and are  getting quite worried.

I suspect they will try and pick us apart,  take our best players and make sure we are snuffed out as a problem for them in the Prem.

Arsenail and spurzz especially worried IMO,  as we have the money now.

Probably one of the worst times was when Yorke went,  we just couldn't compete,   different now though I hope.

We finished 6th the first two seasons after Yorkie left.  Ellis was in charge.  Listening to Gregory's recent interview on the Claret & Blue podcast showed what a major difference in attitude towards "investment" there was with Doug.

This will be no bad reflection on the owners if Jack leaves.  They have underlined their attitude towards selling him and if he does want to leave, then we cannot stop him if a club wants to put the money up. Yorke stank the place out when he wasn't "allowed" to leave and we ended up getting rid of him sharpish.  I'd hope Jack wouldn't do that given he bleeds Villa, but the risk of that is extremely worrying.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

We've been pretty good at sorting our contracts out that I'd put a bet that Jack's staying over him leaving.

Apart from Jack possibly warming a bench in a champions League comp next season and rotating with his direct competition. Jack somehow has to find a way to put that player in his bench spot. I feel that's all there is to offer Jack from another team is Uncertainty and that Uncertainty we cant offer at the moment. Even the offer of a league title win is not Guaranteed is it but the idea of uncertainty according to media is luring Jack.  It's one thing to play Champ league footie as well and it's another to win the competition which the latter is not guaranteed is it? (More uncertainty). Jack would want to play the most minutes he can, if he does end up on the bench or as a rotational player then Jack will regret every bit of his move to one of these clubs. I don't believe Jack would trade Villa for uncertainty and Jack would lose alot by leaving. let's wait and find out if City win next season's title or champ league and we will know if Jack made a good decision or not staying at Villa. I'm sure many here will be able to tell if Jack would of been a regular first starter or not. 

Out of all the football teams in the prem Villa is one of the most improved clubs out there in the prem correct? If you are one of the reasons why that is then why would you move on from it while ever the moment is greatand it's getting better.

I do believe there's a couple reasons why he should go, but I believe you will find a hundred times more reasons what people wrote on these pages as to why Jack should stay at Villa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Rosk said:

We finished 6th the first two seasons after Yorkie left. 

This was the problem at the time 6th and we had effectively been crippled by transfers and we still managed that. 

This is what Doug could never understand,  you need to spend at some point and invest in the longer term. 

If we had kept him and built who knows where we would have ended up.

18 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I hope you’re right. I guess if their priority is a striker and they then have to sell, it may explain why nothing has happened yet.

But Twatter said Jack’s already signed for Man City for about thirty quid. Even more pathetically lots of “News outlets” are using this idiot’s post as a reference to make up their own desperate articles. 

12 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I think the game at the moment is the "Big 6" are looking at the Villa and are  getting quite worried.

I suspect they will try and pick us apart,  take our best players and make sure we are snuffed out as a problem for them in the Prem.

Arsenail and spurzz especially worried IMO,  as we have the money now.

Probably one of the worst times was when Yorke went,  we just couldn't compete,   different now though I hope.

I was trying to think, who was the last player we actually sold. As in a player who leaves Villa to go on to 'bigger and better things' for a decent transfer fee.

I honestly cant think. You know like in the same way that our last 25 transfers in have all come in for big fees in order to better their careers.

It's almost as if nobody in football has noticed this, and the consensus is still that if Villa are offered decent money for Grealish we'll take it without hesitation.

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

This was the problem at the time 6th and we had effectively been crippled by transfers and we still managed that. 

This is what Doug could never understand,  you need to spend at some point and invest in the longer term. 

Keep Jack and we finish in Europe next year.  I'm utterly convinced of that. 

My point is that we don't really have any say in it.  Once a man's head is turned it's hard to enjoy the current relationship as much as you once did...

#dontbeHancockJack

7 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I was trying to think, who was the last player we actually sold. As in a player who leaves Villa to go on to 'bigger and better things' for a decent transfer fee.

I honestly cant think. You know like in the same way that our last 25 transfers in have all come in for big fees in order to better their careers.

It's almost as if nobody in football has noticed this, and the consensus is still that if Villa are offered decent money for Grealish we'll take it without hesitation.

Milner Barry Young

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Amavi/Veretout have done pretty well for themselves.  Recent years shouldn't really be considered though given how terrible we were for a few years...!

There was the run of Young/Milner/Barry/Downing that hurt us too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Who kept Yorke?

Do you think he'd of still met Jordan, maybe not he seemed to have his head screwed on with us and his career was first.

25 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

We've been pretty good at sorting our contracts out that I'd put a bet that Jack's staying over him leaving.

Apart from Jack possibly warming a bench in a champions League comp next season and rotating with his direct competition. Jack somehow has to find a way to put that player in his bench spot. I feel that's all there is to offer Jack from another team is Uncertainty and that Uncertainty we cant offer at the moment. Even the offer of a league title win is not Guaranteed is it but the idea of uncertainty according to media is luring Jack.  It's one thing to play Champ league footie as well and it's another to win the competition which the latter is not guaranteed is it? (More uncertainty). Jack would want to play the most minutes he can, if he does end up on the bench or as a rotational player then Jack will regret every bit of his move to one of these clubs. I don't believe Jack would trade Villa for uncertainty and Jack would lose alot by leaving. let's wait and find out if City win next season's title or champ league and we will know if Jack made a good decision or not staying at Villa. I'm sure many here will be able to tell if Jack would of been a regular first starter or not. 

Out of all the football teams in the prem Villa is one of the most improved clubs out there in the prem correct? If you are one of the reasons why that is then why would you move on from it while ever the moment is greatand it's getting better.

I do believe there's a couple reasons why he should go, but I believe you will find a hundred times more reasons what people wrote on these pages as to why Jack should stay at Villa.

Seriously ?

He's a villa fan and paying for boyhood club.

Or play with some of the world's best players and stack your trophy cabinet double your salary in the process. CL football every season.

Not saying Jack will go. But let's not pretend there isn't a lot that would appeal to Jack in the Man City package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

Seriously ?

He's a villa fan and paying for boyhood club.

Or play with some of the world's best players and stack your trophy cabinet double your salary in the process. CL football every season.

Not saying Jack will go. But let's not pretend there isn't a lot that would appeal to Jack in the Man City package.

Some people in here seem to be able to be 100% sure that he's staying, and actually get offended by anything that suggests otherwise. Baffling.

• Like 3

We don’t have release clauses and never will. The situations are vastly different under previous ownership and big-name players. Delph and Young were able to leave much cheaply due to their contract situations and the horrendous mismanagement.

You don’t sign a 5 year deal just to put in a clause. The ambitions centre Jack and the signings are there to play alongside him. 

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We don’t have release clauses and never will. The situations are vastly different under previous ownership and big-name players. Delph and Young were able to leave much cheaply due to their contract situations and the horrendous mismanagement.

You don’t sign a 5 year deal just to put in a clause. The ambitions centre Jack and the signings are there to play alongside him. 

I agree that we are really well run now and anything they will have agreed will have been the most beneficial position for Villa given the set of circumstances but two things to consider; firstly there are two parties in the negotiation here and if Jack insists in the release clause then we are likely to allow it rather than risk upsetting him. Secondly, a release clause, set at the right level, is actually very beneficial to the club and actually provides protection. A high release clause makes life simpler. Pay £130m, if you want him or go away. No prolonged game of cat and mouse.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I agree that we are really well run now and anything they will have agreed will have been the most beneficial position for Villa given the set of circumstances but two things to consider; firstly there are two parties in the negotiation here and if Jack insists in the release clause then we are likely to allow it rather than risk upsetting him. Secondly, a release clause, set at the right level, is actually very beneficial to the club and actually provides protection. A high release clause makes life simpler. Pay £130m, if you want him or go away. No prolonged game of cat and mouse.

Yep, agree completely. 

A release clause prevents a buying club from tapping a player up to the point where he forces a move and we don't get fair value. 

If we had a release clause of say, £140mil and Jack tried to force a move, we just shrug our shoulders and tap the release clause sign until it's met. 

A release clause isn't a bad thing unless it's lower than what the player is worth. 

• Like 2

Â