The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

This is tedious, I get it’s the nature of the beast, but Jack won’t be going anywhere this season, probably not next season either, probably not for his entire career (touches wood 😉).

Jack's wood? He may certainly stay then if that's on the table and freebies are handed out.

7 hours ago, chappy said:

Grealish brother drops HUGE hint in Man City transfer saga 

tomorrow’s headline for any click bait journalists reading 👋

Or friend.

That article by Ian Ladyman is quite revealing on just how they see so called “smaller clubs”; funnily enough it also doesn’t mention NSWE once. My guess is he probably thinks Lerner is still at the club. Such a poorly written article… write what you really think Ian “Little Aston Villa need the £100m, just sell and buy 3 mediocre players instead so you don’t upset the top clubs” 

• Like 1

Caughtoffside are total rocket polishers.

They're basically reporting just by the title alone that: Man City have completed the signing of Jack Grealish for 88 million.

Then you click on there article and it goes into detail that Jack's future is on hold till after the Euros.

What, like you couldn't lie enough you then had to double back on what you said in the article title.

It’s crazy.There’s no credible news regarding this and yet the whole country thinks it’s happening!

My Mrs came home from work on Friday and said “sorry about Jack leaving babe”

Ive been visiting family this weekend in the North east and they are asking me how I think he will get on at Citeh.

I can’t be arsed to explain…..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s a lot of speculation that we’re trying to sign ESR as a replacement for Grealish as they are very similar players.  Really hope that’s not true. 

They can play in the same team easily enough, but he’s also a very good long term replacement. Recruitment wise we’re buying players to fill a pipeline, from immediate requirements like Ashley Young to the very long term through the academy.

Top talent like ESR and Alvarez are good enough to come in now as young squad members but won’t have the world on their shoulders. In 3-4 years they’ll be the experienced leaders supported by the cream of the FA Cup winning youth. 

We seem to be structuring the playing staff to ensure there’s always a few new faces ready to come in every season, and so avoiding the total rebuild problem that can occur from time to time. Proper long term succession planning, like a well run business. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

It’s crazy.There’s no credible news regarding this and yet the whole country thinks it’s happening!

My Mrs came home from work on Friday and said “sorry about Jack leaving babe”

Ive been visiting family this weekend in the North east and they are asking me how I think he will get on at Citeh.

I can’t be arsed to explain…..

to be fair, this is the first time (correct me if i'm wrong) that reputable journos like percy and romano have confirmed there is genuine interest from another team. we didn't hear a peep off them last summer about jack. i think that's why it seems a bit more 'real' this time around.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

to be fair, this is the first time (correct me if i'm wrong) that reputable journos like percy and romano have confirmed there is genuine interest from another team. we didn't hear a peep off them last summer about jack. i think that's why it seems a bit more 'real' this time around.

Fair enough.It’s not the way it’s being understood by the general public though.

• Like 1

Just now, MarkLillis said:

Fair enough.It’s not the way it’s being understood by the general public though.

yeah because 99% of the time when one of the big sides go for a player from a 'small' side they get their man.

keeping jack would send a strong message and make people start to take us seriously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

yeah because 99% of the time when one of the big sides go for a player from a 'small' side they get their man.

keeping jack would send a strong message and make people start to take us seriously.

Citeh don’t need Grealish, they want to buy him because they are taking us seriously. Like last time the aim is to pick the team apart by removing the key player(s). 

• Like 1

I am still a bit worried about a potential release clause. It was definitely reported last summer as being in his contract. 
Even so, if city want a striker first, they will probably need to sell a few to make way for Jack. I just hope this doesn’t get strung out. Either sign a new contract or reach agreement to leave. If he does go, I hope we are able to sign replacements before it becomes public.

I am a little intrigued as to how well Grealish would play in a Pep team. I think he could go up a level or two more. Hopefully we can talk Pep into taking over from Dean in a couple of years when he heads off to manage England! Win, win, win.

There will always be tedious bullshit speculation when you have one of the most sought-after footballers in the world. 

I know nothing about anything in regards to Jack, but I find it highly unlikely he'd sign a new contract with us AFTER we'd struck a deal with City. Makes no sense.

Jack signed a new contract with us late September last year, and there's no chance we'd make a deal with any club between October 2020 and the European championship 2021. No chance. We'd be idiots, and our owners seem like the complete opposite. 

• Like 2

That Daily Mail article is pure comedy gold. What ill-informed crap. 

We’ve gone from doing a Fulham and spending big to staying up, to selling our generational and inspirational captain for £100m. 

Football ‘journalism’ eh

For me the fact we are going for it in terms of potential signings makes me nervous that he is off and we are getting replacements in. 

I then remember who is now in charge and relax a little. 

I think we've one more season then he will seriously assess his options and taking off my Villa tinted glasses who can blame him. 

• Like 1

Â