The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We need to get Jack back in front of the roaring VP crowd and remind him just how valued and loved he is here. Theres no doubt that it will have a huge effect on him. That’s one aspect that has been missing for a while. Although the Chelsea game may have helped a bit.

Clear away all the doubts and influences… probably a few in the England camp that have tried to turn his head. Let’s give him a cleanse & detox 🤣

He will become an idol here and we are well on course to becoming a genuinely competitive and successful club… if we continue on our upward trajectory at the existing rate, we can achieve great things. It won’t be long before we’re playing European games and Jack still has time to play a big part in our future adventures.

From his POV, just imagine becoming a legend here and famous for sticking with his club and helping us to be successful, he will be renowned for it. A rare and wonderful thing these days…That’s got to be massively appealing.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Truth be told media has no clue what’s going on they know so little about us so they come up with the lazy “Abraham to villa” crap all over again 

Could be true, we have no idea what rumours or speculation are true or not.  Abraham to Villa could be true

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Truth be told media has no clue what’s going on they know so little about us so they come up with the lazy “Abraham to villa” crap all over again 

Silly season is well & truly underway. They will make up anything to generate clicks and exposure.

Disgusting really, they shouldn’t be allowed to get away with lies and stirring the pot as they do… they enjoy attempting to unsettle players and destabilise clubs all in order to appease the super 6… I utterly despise it.

There needs to be more scrutiny and limits/laws on the media and journos, scummy industry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Could be true, we have no idea what rumours or speculation are true or not.  Abraham to Villa could be true

Ok mate, we get it! You love Tammy 🤣

Better than Keinan, I’ll give you that at least 😆

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Silly season is well & truly underway. They will make up anything to generate clicks and exposure.

Disgusting really, they shouldn’t be allowed to get away with lies and stirring the pot as they do… they enjoy attempting to unsettle players and destabilise clubs all in order to appease the super 6… I utterly despise it.

There needs to be more scrutiny and limits/laws on the media and journos, scummy industry.

Free speech.jpg

Just kidding, I agree about the media

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Ok mate, we get it! You love Tammy 🤣

Better than Keinan, I’ll give you that at least 😆

Same could be said about you.  You dont think we should get Tammy at that price, we get it.

15 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes that ones started now, yet if there's any truth to it I'm not sure it will be 40 mill,more like 30.

We will hear less of Jack leaving now because the next phaze happens which is the media going round all the clubs and a fan favourite is somehow leaving for another club.

Trying to think of another story yet to pop up that usually does its rounds during the window, Ahhhhh yes I'm surprised talk of us signing that Liverpool player origi is it? Surprised hasn't popped up yet unless it already has and I've missed it.

Has Benteke story popped up as well and been properly given a good going over, were due one of them are we not, at least 3 days of Benteke joining us.

Any other story's that usually do there rounds after the Jack ones riled everyone up on VT lol.

Edited by Dave-R

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Same could be said about you.  You dont think we should get Tammy at that price, we get it.

🤣 Ok, fair enough. 

No worries, I’m not arguing with you. We’re just sharing opinions. Sorry, I just like to have a laugh now and again 😆

If we get him, no one will complain. I think we’ve both made our stances clear 😆

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It’s not that really it’s just a lazy link

How do you know? The answer is that none of us know what is false or true on any of links until something happens. Only in hindsight can we assess.  I thought the Young link was lazy but ended up being true so you never know.

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes that ones started now, yet if there's any truth to it I'm not sure it will be 40 mill,more like 30.

We will hear less of Jack leaving now because the next phaze happens which is the media going round all the clubs and a fan favourite is somehow leaving for another club.

Trying to think of another story yet to pop up that usually does its rounds during the window, Ahhhhh yes I'm surprised talk of us signing that Liverpool player origi is it? Surprised hasn't popped up yet unless it already has and I've missed it.

Has Benteke popped up as well and been properly give a good going over, were due one of them are we not, at least 3 days of Benteke joining us.

Any other story's that usually do there rounds after the Jack ones riled everyone up on VT lol.

No Way Smile GIF by Get Out Movie

Thankfully, he signed a new contract with Palace (mugs).

Honestly, I tire of the nostalgia factor. It’s not how you move forwards as a club.

-

Unfortunately, I don’t we’ll ever hear the end of, potentially, Jack leaving. There is nothing to stop the media continually spouting the same crap over and over again. When it generates so much attention and clicks, they won’t ever stop.

Best to just ignore it all and stop listening or paying attention to the likes of talkshite. You’ll be much happier and at peace that way…

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

How do you know? The answer is that none of us know what is false or true on any of links until something happens. Only in hindsight can we assess.  I thought the Young link was lazy but ended up being true so you never know.

None of us know anything about any transfer business unless bids are placed. Simple as that really. The rest is just rumours and speculation, let’s leave it there or just keep it in the summer window thread.

Anyway, Jack’s not leaving. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

🤣 Ok, fair enough. 

No worries, I’m not arguing with you. We’re just sharing opinions. Sorry, I just like to have a laugh now and again 😆

If we get him, no one will complain. I think we’ve both made our stances clear 😆

I think Smith has learnt a fair bit since the championship, so I try to wonder or think how well he'd get Tammy playing now and help him to come on even more. I just think that Tammy and the possibility of having two England strikers playing for England would an amazing achievement for Villa. I also think Watkins and Tammy would feed from each other. Grealish would be loving it if Tammy came to Villa, which may make Grealish feel more at home if we had him in the squad.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thug said:

I’m totally relaxed about this.

£100m doesn’t get you anything these days, so selling him makes 0 sense unless they double that offer.

We’ll bump up his contract to pretty much whatever he wants.  We’re showing ambition, Jack knows there’s good things happening.

I’m not concerned at all.

It's doesn't have to make sense.

If they offer around £100m and Grealish wants to go - believe me he will go .

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

It's doesn't have to make sense.

If they offer around £100m and Grealish wants to go - believe me he will go .

Only if he downs tools or if he has a clause.

I can’t see him downing tools, the clause or ‘gentleman’s agreement’ may be the only problem here. 

We’ll offer him a mad contract 

He’ll sign.

end of.

• Like 3

I don’t see the need for any concern.

Worst case scenario, if he ever does want to move it will be on our terms. That in itself is reassuring. 

It was wise to give him that contract last year and if we offer another now and it is accepted, it just strengthens our position even more so. I don’t even think we have to offer him a new one, he’s on a hefty wage as it is but I’ll be happy if we can extend it. Just not on board with raising player wages every season but fine with it for exceptional players such as Jack so long as it’s sustainable for us. Money wouldn’t be the motivating factor for Jack leaving anyway, I suspect our transfer activity & targets would be the best “carrot we could tangle”.

But I don’t see why he would want to leave right now or push for it when we are in the best place as a club in ages… he could have gone before but never did. He stuck with us and was happy where he was. He should be a lot happier now..

Under NSWE & Dean, we’ve made swift and continual progression. If that continues, it’s very exciting for all involved.

Let’s chill and let the media scumbags carry on getting themselves worked up… 

• Like 2

Â